Extron Electronics Employee Reviews

Assertive and fast-paced, solutions-driven manufacturer
Education Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 5, 2017
Superior product engineering and support, wanting to keep its customers for life. Employee corps is young and very talented. Workplace culture is very structured and fast-paced, with an confident and assertive work atmosphere and management style. Employees are challenged to stay current with a very broad line of products, over 1,300 engineered products and many other passive components. Company enjoys strong solutions partnership with its customers and very high customer loyalty as a result.
Pros
Top product line in this technology field, very talented workforce
Cons
Operating style and workplace culture are very structured
Great place to work.
Manager of Engineering Project Management (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 4, 2017
My experience at Extron was rewarding. The engineering department has a professional, fast paced working environment. We worked hard and enjoyed being on the cutting edge of technology.
Pros
Good compensation and great folks to work with!
Working environment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 2, 2017
The job as custodian was good. The only thing is that it was a temporary position with no paid days off and no vacation. The work environment was great.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Temporary positioin
Excellent work environment
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 31, 2017
Extron allows for a very good work life balance and the pay, while not be amazing, is sufficient. I was always impressed by management and always enjoyed interacting with my coworkers. This is a great job if you want a work life balance that slants towards life more than work.
Pros
Work life balance, coworkers, culture
Cons
Work can be tedious at times
Decline to review
Sr. Engineering Portfolio Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 17, 2017
Not Applicable to review at this time. Need more to to process the experience and write a proper review. This will be updated at a later date when ready.
lots of politics
Software Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 8, 2017
bad supervisor
not fair treatment
paid well
need to follow your trainer well or you will lose your job
need to make your supervisor well or you will lose your job
Work here if you want to....You have been been warn
Sr. QAE Lead (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 23, 2017
Micro management organization with very little if at all career advancement. Job Security is stable for the most part and actual day to day tasks not difficult at all.
Intern
QA Testing Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 17, 2017
Projects are distributed cleanly so that everyone knows what they have to do. Sometimes they might overload you with a lot of work but in my opinion that is good since i got to learn a lot of different things
High productivity in fast-paced environment.
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 7, 2017
Typical day spent monitoring activities of subordinates.
Learned not to criticize management decisions.
Workplace culture promoted unquestioned teamwork.
excellent environment due to helpful people
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 4, 2017
While at Extron every morning I would arrive at 8:30AM clock in and get straight to work which was me pick out materials for the engineers on the production line. when I was finished id my the materials out on the floor where I would then let the engineers know that i had finished picking their order from there i would begin my next order. I didnt learn too many things at this job because I had basically been doing this type of work at previous positions. Management there was very nice, straight forward, and easy to talk just like all my peers. I would say overall Extron was my one of my favorite jobs that I ever had. The only hard part about this job were some of the time limits on quickly some of the orders were to be finished but my friends and coworkers were always very helpful which made the job a desirable one.
Es la mejor empresa para la cual he trabajado.
Líder de conserjes (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CaliforniaMarch 1, 2017
Es una empresa para la cual es un gusto y honor haber trabajado, un lugar donde encuentras espacio para crecer y donde valoran realmente tu trabajo.
Pros
Muy flexibles
Cons
Realmente me es muy difícil encontrar algo negativo.
Steady safe place to work
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 20, 2017
Extron is a solid company with a bit of old school culture (you still have to clock-in to work even if salaried). Importance is given to working your full time per week rather than on whether work is done.
Pros
No overtime required
Cons
clock-in daily
Good place to start.
Applications Engineer Support (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA 92805December 15, 2016
It can be busy or slow its pretty random. They teach you everything you need to know. You have great co-workers and good lower management but not upper-management.
No Comment
Cable Assembly Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 9, 2016
Major focus on teamwork.
Very important to work well will team members within the department as well as team members from other departments,
Very repetitive
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 3, 2016
It was alright. It was just very repetitive day after day of the same thing. Other than that the other employees were really great people, very helpful and kind.
Safe and nice employment
Senior PCB Designer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA 92805October 8, 2016
Friendly people, exciting tasks in Audio/Video devices used for conferencing in different environments including Universities, Companies, and other institutions.
Pros
Safety, company parties
Cons
Time tracking on daily bases, still using a clock to track the time.
More experience in Warehouse and Logistic
Warehouse Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 7, 2016
I almost worked in warehouse. I received and shipped product or part orders from the shipping and receiving department.

I did the circle count or inventory everyday. The information had to up date everyday.

Most of warehouse employee almost carried the heavy box. If the weight 's very heavy, co-workers works together.

For receiving or shipping, I do paper work, check for the quality, quantity and many detail of item. Open or close the location for item.

I moved in Stockton in 2008. The salary is low and long commute by car everyday, then I had to change the other job.
Pros
health benefit
Cons
low salary
Why hire experts if you're only going to micromanage
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 15, 2016
Work is micromanaged like I've never experienced elsewhere. There is no consistent rhyme or reason of criteria used for advancement. Management lies when confronted or caught in an awkward position. HR is for the company, not the employee. Salary positions are no different than hourly, except without overtime pay.

During my 5 years in the marketing department, nearly all senior management (and there were many) had absolutely no marketing education or experience. Mistakes made one after another, even when warned. I was laid off during a mass layoff, just a few months after the owner had announced to the entire workforce our future security was safe and secure.
Pros
High turnover allows for easy new hire practices
Cons
Micro managed, no clear pattern of advancement, inexperienced managers
Stay away!
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 25, 2016
The only thing that's worse than working for Extron is being homeless and starving. Other than that, stay where you currently are and wait for another opportunity to arise. I wish I would have followed the advice online from several negative reviews. I ultimately had to pay the price. Also don't apply if you're not male, Christian, right-wing conservative and white. Again, stay away, hellish work culture of distrust.
Pros
If you're a robot and hate autonomy this is your place
Cons
Public shaming, cameras anywhere, absolutely no innvation, controlling HR, people regularly get fired for no reason from one day to the next, If you have family and you rely on this job, it can put a major strain on your entire life
Terrible Company
QA - VideoTest Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 4, 2016
Management has no idea what is going on. Close minded Management, Controlling and treated like a factory worker, have to punch-in and out for lunch, and at start/end of day.