Extron Electronics Employee Reviews

Good place to start.
Applications Engineer Support (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA 92805December 15, 2016
It can be busy or slow its pretty random. They teach you everything you need to know. You have great co-workers and good lower management but not upper-management.
No Comment
Cable Assembly Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 9, 2016
Major focus on teamwork.
Very important to work well will team members within the department as well as team members from other departments,
Very repetitive
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 3, 2016
It was alright. It was just very repetitive day after day of the same thing. Other than that the other employees were really great people, very helpful and kind.
Safe and nice employment
Senior PCB Designer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA 92805October 8, 2016
Friendly people, exciting tasks in Audio/Video devices used for conferencing in different environments including Universities, Companies, and other institutions.
Pros
Safety, company parties
Cons
Time tracking on daily bases, still using a clock to track the time.
More experience in Warehouse and Logistic
Warehouse Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 7, 2016
I almost worked in warehouse. I received and shipped product or part orders from the shipping and receiving department.

I did the circle count or inventory everyday. The information had to up date everyday.

Most of warehouse employee almost carried the heavy box. If the weight 's very heavy, co-workers works together.

For receiving or shipping, I do paper work, check for the quality, quantity and many detail of item. Open or close the location for item.

I moved in Stockton in 2008. The salary is low and long commute by car everyday, then I had to change the other job.
Pros
health benefit
Cons
low salary
Why hire experts if you're only going to micromanage
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 15, 2016
Work is micromanaged like I've never experienced elsewhere. There is no consistent rhyme or reason of criteria used for advancement. Management lies when confronted or caught in an awkward position. HR is for the company, not the employee. Salary positions are no different than hourly, except without overtime pay.

During my 5 years in the marketing department, nearly all senior management (and there were many) had absolutely no marketing education or experience. Mistakes made one after another, even when warned. I was laid off during a mass layoff, just a few months after the owner had announced to the entire workforce our future security was safe and secure.
Pros
High turnover allows for easy new hire practices
Cons
Micro managed, no clear pattern of advancement, inexperienced managers
Stay away!
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 25, 2016
The only thing that's worse than working for Extron is being homeless and starving. Other than that, stay where you currently are and wait for another opportunity to arise. I wish I would have followed the advice online from several negative reviews. I ultimately had to pay the price. Also don't apply if you're not male, Christian, right-wing conservative and white. Again, stay away, hellish work culture of distrust.
Pros
If you're a robot and hate autonomy this is your place
Cons
Public shaming, cameras anywhere, absolutely no innvation, controlling HR, people regularly get fired for no reason from one day to the next, If you have family and you rely on this job, it can put a major strain on your entire life
Terrible Company
QA - VideoTest Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 4, 2016
Management has no idea what is going on. Close minded Management, Controlling and treated like a factory worker, have to punch-in and out for lunch, and at start/end of day.
Soldering and reworking circuit boards with some repair and troubleshooting
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 16, 2016
I enjoyed being a CIS specialist in soldering rework on surface mount circuit boards. I maintained the Electrical Engineering lab and it's supplies. I enjoyed coordinating the Objet 3D printer scheduling, printing and maintenance.
Pros
There was good pay with full benefits, plenty of work available with the 3D printer, I worked for both the Electrical and Mechanical engineering departments.
Cons
The company decided to eliminate the position I held. Not enough work with soldering.
Nice clean work environment
Electronics Tech at various temp jobs (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 3, 2016
A typical day involved soldering and de-soldering components on circuit boards. The hardest part was learning a few procedures that were difficult. The most enjoyable was hat I did learn how to do it. The co-workers were very friendly.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
very short temp job
Very strict boss and HR
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Work is normal when compared to other companies. HR is very strict and powerful. Every day badge clock in and clock out is counted very seriously. 5 sick days per year.
Pros
summer company picnic with family event, christmas company lunch
Cons
no breaks no free lunches no gym
Fun place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoyed working for this firm. Very professional. Would recommend this company to anyone. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. One of the few corporations that look over their employees wellbeing.
Porductive and easy getting along with management
Assembly Lead and Wave Operator (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 6, 2015
.a typical day at work busy as always
.learn a lot new thing everyday
.co-worker are getting along just fine
.the hardest part of the job when get busy
.the most enjoyable part of the job all product come out good
Pros
annual picnic awesome
Cons
short break time
Nice work place and friendly/helpful co-workers. The most enjoyable is team work fully supported to make product ship out as committed
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 28, 2015
The Extron has a number of hardware, firmware, and software professionals and engineers. It is is a great source of A/V technology I have learned and where my skill has been developed and continue be improved.
If you don't want to have self value… Then this is the place for you
Principal Design (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 21, 2015
Horrible Management.
Great Talent
Horrible Principles

Your hours are constantly watched.

They micro manage you to death.

Amazing opportunities die in this company every day.

They have no marketing team.

They're putting folks in manager roles that have no previous exp.

They could triple my salary and I'd never step foot in that place again.
Pros
Great CoWorkers and they pay very well…
Cons
Everything you can possibly think of
Great Place to work
Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CaJuly 27, 2015
Great People, and they put you through a great set of classes prior to get you accustom to everything. Which is a great learning experience and job preparedness.
Management Mentality/Approach Needs Improvement
Quality Assurance Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 29, 2015
Some people in management/supervisors are completely backwards thinking: Intentionally placing people in job positions/tasks that are opposite to what they are skilled in or are adept and interested in working on; These managers/supervisors are "hoping" that that approach makes the individual what they consider "well-rounded," when all it does it create confusion and mis-management of resources in what people can and should be doing best.

Management/Supervisors tend to get rid of talented/skilled individuals and instead keep people who are not skilled and throw people on projects that are entirely not part of their educational/training/work background, again "hoping," that they just all of a sudden wake up someday knowing how to do someone elses job that has nothing to do with what they can and should be doing instead.

Supervisors pay too much attention to "In queue," when theres already so much in progress that requires workers time and attention. And rather than providing the worker the time they need to complete a task well, they stress them and ruin their focus with so many abstract "in queue" made-up issues that have no bearing on what is currently going on.
Pros
Pays Overtime
Cons
the clocking hours, supervisors tend to treat professionals like petty blue-collar low wage per hour workers, bad management
Good to work.
Software Application Intern (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 28, 2015
Its really good to work in the company. Learnt a lot. Co-workers are quite helpful and knowledgeable. Overall work environment is quite good.
A great place to start off your career with lots of experienced people to help you learn
Quality Assurance Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 17, 2015
A typical day for a QA Engineer at Extron Electronics invloves, assessing requirements with Product Development and Sales teams, Preparing test cases and test plans, testing and reporting of bugs etc.
This is a great place to start off your career as there are lot of experienced people who are more than willing to help and teach you. I have learned a lot about the Audio Video industry, about several challenging Extron Products a typical QA environment to mention a few from this organization.
The best highlight of this organization is the great co workers you get there, Knowledgeable, helpful and fun to work with.
This job required me to be a Computer/Electronics and Electrical engineer at the same time as I was involved in testing the hardware, firmware and the supporting software which was one of the greatest challenges I have faced here.

To summarize, this is a great place to work at with a good space to learn and grow.
Pros
Job Securinty, Co Workers
Cons
Some Old school HR rules.
OK work enviornment
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 26, 2015
needs a management make over but its a nice place to work, great people, not the best place to learn. Gets to a point where work gets repetitive. overall, cant complain.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extron Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8