Extron Electronics

Extron Electronics Employee Reviews

Management Mentality/Approach Needs Improvement
Quality Assurance Test Engineer (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Pays Overtime
Cons: the clocking hours, supervisors tend to treat professionals like petty blue-collar low wage per hour workers, bad management
Some people in management/supervisors are completely backwards thinking: Intentionally placing people in job positions/tasks that are opposite to what they are skilled in or are adept and interested in working on; These managers/supervisors are "hoping" that that approach makes the individual what they consider "well-rounded," when all it does it create confusion and mis-management of resources in what people can and should be doing best.

Management/Supervisors tend to get rid of talented/skilled individuals and instead keep people who are not skilled and throw people on projects that are entirely not part of their educational/training/work background, again "hoping," that they just all of a sudden wake up someday knowing how to do someone elses job that has nothing to do with what they can and should be doing instead.

Supervisors pay too much attention to "In queue," when theres already so much in progress that requires workers time and attention. And rather than providing the worker the time they need to complete a task well, they stress them and ruin their focus with so many abstract "in queue" made-up issues that have no bearing on what is currently going on.
Good to work.
Software Application Intern (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 28, 2015
Its really good to work in the company. Learnt a lot. Co-workers are quite helpful and knowledgeable. Overall work environment is quite good.
A great place to start off your career with lots of experienced people to help you learn
Quality Assurance Test Engineer (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Job Securinty, Co Workers
Cons: Some Old school HR rules.
A typical day for a QA Engineer at Extron Electronics invloves, assessing requirements with Product Development and Sales teams, Preparing test cases and test plans, testing and reporting of bugs etc.
This is a great place to start off your career as there are lot of experienced people who are more than willing to help and teach you. I have learned a lot about the Audio Video industry, about several challenging Extron Products a typical QA environment to mention a few from this organization.
The best highlight of this organization is the great co workers you get there, Knowledgeable, helpful and fun to work with.
This job required me to be a Computer/Electronics and Electrical engineer at the same time as I was involved in testing the hardware, firmware and the supporting software which was one of the greatest challenges I have faced here.

To summarize, this is a great place to work at with a good space to learn and grow.
OK work enviornment
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAFebruary 26, 2015
needs a management make over but its a nice place to work, great people, not the best place to learn. Gets to a point where work gets repetitive. overall, cant complain.
Physical labor
Material Handler Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Anaheim, CANovember 25, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: little to no raises
A typical day at Extron would consist of challenging tasks under several management/leads. There was lots of physical work. I used multiple computer systems. Staff was helpful during this job experience.
Private company and fast paced environment.
Manager (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: owner is very generous.
Cons: very little team work amongst other departments.
Very fast paced, customer service is A # 1 priority. Human resources does not have an open door policy. So it is rather difficult to inquire about advancement.
Company threats people like children
Engineer (Former Employee), AnaheimJuly 17, 2014
Of all the companies I have worked for, this one has a suspicious attitude towards its professional staff.
Customer Support Representative
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJuly 14, 2014
• Support customers via phone correspondence, email correspondence, and provide basic sales product recommendations and or basic initial troubleshooting assistance
• Log all handled customer support calls in a customer support ticketing system
• Provide additional support to Sales Representatives, and Sales Managers, locally and abroad
• Maintain strong problem solving abilities and the ability to work well under pressure
Sales Department is a wonderful environment with great management
Regional Accounts Specialist (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 16, 2014
Very much enjoyed working for Extron's Sales Department. They treat employees very well, and provide great benefits. It was a wonderful working environment, and very professional.
The Show Must Go On!
GRAPHIC DESIGNER / SIGNAGE PRODUCTION (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: great company, successful company, low employee turnaround
Cons: too corporate
Extron exhibits at over 60 tradeshows worldwide every year, from small conferences to large scaled Las Vegas mega shows. My typical day at Extron would consist of attending pre-show meetings to go over concepts and designs, production times, and shipping dates. Our tradeshow signage department responsible of designing and producing all signage for our US, Europe, and Asia offices consist of only myself. This requires me to careful balance out my schedule to meet all signage needs around our offices worldwide. Along with designing and producing signage I also am our company signage installer which – more... requires me to install large wall graphics and vinyl decals to our tradeshow booth (see website for videos). Our signage department also became responsible for company training event signs which requires posters and display signs on a weekly basis. Extron Electronics recently opened a new restaurant at it's Anaheim, CA office headquarters. Periodically the restaurants needs events posters mounted and t-shirt designs which is also part of my job duties, it is safe to say I keep busy on a daily basis. Meeting with vendors is important for me to make sure the quality of our signs is high and pricing is competitive with other vendors in our area. Although this may seem or sound like a ton on one persons plate I find that planning and communicating makes the job easier and the shows a success. – less
I'd rather urinate on an electrical fence while having a root canal than work here
Software Developer (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 30, 2014
Pros: above average pay
Cons: politics and zombie slavery
This is not a workplace, it is a plantation of zombie slaves.

Your movements are carefully monitored and controlled. Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking is not allowed. Had to clock in, even though I was salaried. If your shift starts at 9am, dare not show up at 9:05 or even 10 minutes late from lunch or men in black will come visit you (40 lashes). I had heard the stories thru the grapevine, but still took a job here because I don't judge a book by it's cover. Bad mistake. I observed no career advancement and while some of the managers are great, most of the leadership is clueless and HR runs the place like the Kremlin. Oh wait- The ONLY acceptable excuse for missing the year-end Christmas party is if you are dead, otherwise you get terminated. The time I was here I met some really good people in the ranks, only to watch the company break them down into zombies or watch them quit. They do pay pretty good though, above industry average. I guess part of the master zombie order to keep you from leaving. If you desperately need the $$$ just be forewarned, otherwise my advice is to just stay away from this place.
growing logistics company
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Fremont, CAMay 27, 2014
Pros: my position as a shipping and receiving clerk
Create shipping labels for outbound shipments
Scanned all shipments (UPS, Fed ex & Truckload) and verified order packet for outbound shipments in a very fast pace loaded trucks as well
My experience at Extron
Engineering Project Manager (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 3, 2014
Pros: the pay is ok
Cons: lack of respect, trust, open communication
Overall management and HR see employees as potential threats, not assets, so employees are constantly worried. I worked for the Project Management team. Be aware of the supervisor of this team. She’s a wolf in sheep’s clothing. My experience is only limited to her. The rest of the people I worked with were great. There are a lot of politics here and they promote a closed communication relationship. There’s a lack of trust in this company and definitely not a place for career growth. They don’t really have innovative solutions nor do they foster a culture of innovations.
I had an extremely pleasant – more... experience working here for the first eight months or so. My manager, the manager of Engineering Project Managers told me how great I was doing and all of a sudden, she turned around and changed. I had several encounters in which, she raised her voice, and treated me in a non-professional way. She ended up taking me to HR, where we establish that I am to
1) Not leave my desk for anything other than restroom or meetings
2) Not have a meeting or talk to anyone in management without he presence or knowledge
3) Check with her and make sure she's aware when I have conflicting meetings, even when one is more important than the other
4)Say Yes to whatever she wants

Here is just ONE encounter I had with her:
Met with the manager . She verbally attacked me.
I asked whether or not I should have a meeting for two projects’ integration. She opened up the meeting notice and in a very offensive, elevated tone, asked me why I had so many directors involved in that meeting. I explained to her that one of the directors was the PM for that project, the other had been upset in the past for not being involved and wanted me to include him on all meeting notices that had to do with that project and the third I did not invite, but rather his employee forwarded the meeting notice to him.

In an elevated tone, she told me that protocol is if I invite one director, I invite others and that’s the reason why a director was upset in the past. (This company is top heavy, this statement means I’d have to invite at least 15 people! ) Then she attacked me at a personal level and asked me why one specific PD director was invited. Before I could even respond she was interrupting me. She said “I don’t care, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?” In a very abusive, unprofessional tone. I tried several times to respond to her to make her understand why I had invited the PD Director, who had happened to be the Product Manager for the specific product. She interrupted me every time saying “No see , no buts, you do what I say” . Those were her words. I finally got up and drew a picture for her on the board with the names on circles and their roles, it was then that she understood that one particular individual was part of PD and not Engineering and therefore we needed his counterpart on the other program, The PM , in the meeting. She said “I didn’t realize the individual was PD” and continued on ..

In the same meeting, she verbally abused me for leaving a meeting early. I explained to her that as a team (project) we had decided that I was going to attend the meeting for the first half and ask the team if they had anything for me and if not, leave. She said she does not want any of her project managers leaving meetings early and I was being rude. She then went on to say that “I don’t care if …. (THE PD Director) thinks something is too technical and decides to leave, you work for me and you stay”
After the fact, I asked a co-worker for her input, since she was in that meeting . She said “ She can be like that, we all know it. We all used to that.”
To work in a company where employees are used to being abused is no fun and no one should go through it.

When conflict was going on, I decided to use it as an opportunity for growth. The specific manager, made my life living hell for that month or two duration. It got to the point that I would start my day with a great attitude and the closer I got to work , the sadder I would get.
I highly recommend you to stay away from this team. – less
Challenging work, latest technologies
Design Engineer (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 4, 2014
In my team, we use latest technologies and platforms to develop our applications. Team is well skilled.
working very fast pace
Quality Test Operator (Former Employee), Anaheim, CANovember 26, 2013
Pros: sometime free lunch
Cons: short breaks
fun place to work everyone friendly, everyone get along everyone.
Friendly atmosphere and hard work in a place with professional people where the job can be done and result can be realized!
Technical support Scandinavians (Former Employee), The NetherlandsAugust 31, 2013
A typical day at work will always start off with greeting the co-workers and people in the company buildings and starting the day with a smile.
When the work starts, the to do list will be reviewed and followed in the best possible way. The hardest part is always to follow the list and do most of them accordingly without any interruption, however the challenge is to do your best and always try to improve on the management in general.
The most enjoyable of all is that when the hard work pays off and you get result of what you have done during the day/week/month and it is time to finish wrap up the day and go home to family time, but before have a nice chat and perhaps good relax time with co-workers to bond more!
This company is okay.
Product Support Engineer (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 11, 2013
Company was okay. Learned a lot about electronics. Had to clock in and clock out even though I was salary.
Hostile Culture
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 31, 2013
Pros: good money.
Cons: bad/hostile work environment
There is little upward mobility, and little management concern for career advancement.

Good money, but I wouldn't go back and DON'T recommend working there.
Not bad for a fresher
Electronics Engineer (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 10, 2013
Initial days are fun. Good exposure to the technology. Sort of laid back life.
A lot of experience to gain
Product Engineer (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAFebruary 20, 2013
A lot of experience to gain. Management monitoring you. Pay is low from what I see compared to other companies.