ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

Found 1,075 reviews matching the search
Loved working here for my internship
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKAugust 21, 2017
I was only with the company for an intership, but my father worked for them for 25 years. We are bigs fans of the company and the way it is run internally.
Fast-pace environment
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 19, 2017
Working for Exxon has helped me learn excellent customer service and cash handling skills. We get hundreds of customers per day, so usually the day goes by fast. As a cashier I get to interact with diverse customers.
Pros
free lunches, fixed schedule
Cons
no benefits, no advancement, lack of management
Good for a first time job or part time job
Cashier/cook (Former Employee) –  Perryville, ARAugust 16, 2017
It's a wonderful first job to have. It's even a good job to have on the side if you are looking for extra money. The work environment is okay if you enjoy people and provide good customer service
El ambiente fue muy amigable
cajera vendedora (Former Employee) –  Forsyth County, NCAugust 16, 2017
Mi jefa directa tenia muy buena comunicacion conmigo. En caso de emergencias siempre tuve una buena ayuda.
Pros
Buen Salario
Cons
Ninguno
Great work enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 15, 2017
ExxonMobil is a steady and clam work place. Always keep a smile and be professional. Management was wonderful. Their was not a hard part because everyone worked together as a team.
Stressful and poor management
Government Relations Contractor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 15, 2017
the cultural is very competitive, poor management, and lack of advancement. I want to be in a place where I can grow and utilize my God given talents.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Poor management
beginning position great place
non regular (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2017
A great place to work. Worked there 31 years ago, to the best of my knowledge, I helped with filing, copying, research various information. I can not remember now all that I did.
Great Job
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYAugust 10, 2017
Great mix of projects, the environment was laid back. Family feel. Everyone got along with each other. I was challenged on a daily basis. Loved my time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
It was an ok place to work
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2017
Typical day at work was hectic and crazy. I learned that the customer is always right no matter the situation. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the homeless and thieves. The most enjoyable part of the job was the occasional great customers that came in.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Didn't feel safe. No breask.
friendly people, good area
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Trego, WIAugust 8, 2017
Most of the time you spent cleaning the store, facing the inventory, or waiting on customers. There wasn't really time to stand around because there was a cleaning list that had to do with deep cleaning of stores. The staff was very friendly and you never had to worry about picking up someone else's slack.
Pros
lunch breaks were decent, very friendly
Cons
no health benefits, hard to advance to anywhere
Fun
Mail Courier (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TX 77520August 7, 2017
Worked as a mail courier so for the most part always busy and learned to manage time well to meet daily work.

I was able to learn the many areas of work in the main plant.

Management team and the whole experience of working in the Oil and Gas industry was really great for a temp position.

My job was very enjoyable as the people I was able to work with were very helpful.
Pros
Free lunch durning company meetings
Team players; very good structured training and personable family
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2017
This place was excellent in the format in which they did things. The structure was exact and did not deviate from day to day. The employees were family, and they included people in the same mindset. very personable company.
Pros
catered perks
Cons
moved to moncton Canada at moments notice.
Fun and love the customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Palmyra, VAAugust 7, 2017
I come in and cash out customers that pay for gas or purchase items in the store. I enjoy talking with the customers and building a relationship with them.
Bad place to work
Records Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2017
Company was constantly laying people off and raises were not existent. Management was overly strict and employee interaction was very impersonal. Company did not seem to care about it's employees.
Typical Day
INTERN (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 3, 2017
Very relaxed environment. Managers allow freedom to get work done without overlooking your every move. Safety procedures are seen everywhere and compliance with these rules are very strict.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 3, 2017
I didn't like the job at most,due to scheduled conflict with school hours,my manager wasn't willing to work with me around her scheduled,great benefit though,friendly enviorment/work place,love meeting new faces,enjoyed working with mycoworkers while it last.
job wasn't to bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARAugust 3, 2017
the job was pretty easy. Can be stressful at times. You clean and stock the store along with managing money. You deal with people every day. You don't get to work a forty hour work week.
Pros
Cons
pay
Good and clean place
PIPE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 3, 2017
An excellent safe place to work managers down to earth people. Always ready to help spent time out in the field.Have worked in other projects that where good put not like this one.A typical day starts with a tool box safety talk than some groups say a prayer to start the day.
Pros
Lunch on frydays
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 2, 2017
Go in at either 6 a.m. or 6 p.m. Learned various laboratory tests. Management is very friendly. workplace culture - everyone is hardworking and easy to work with
Office Assistant IV (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 2, 2017
I loved the many positions I had with Exxon. I had a great opportunity to learn to do many different jobs. Unfortunately, they transferred to Texas and I had just adopted 3 children and did not want to disrupt their lives again. I chose to stay here and get to know them better in an environment they were already used to. I started my own business "Mental Health Billing Services".
Pros
Accounting, Customer Service, Working with Mgmt
Cons
They transferred to Texas