ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

productive
Store Manager (Former Employee), Galveston, TXJuly 27, 2015
I was responsible for doing our weekly work schedules, payroll, bank deposits, work orders, hiring, terminating, and trained new employees, as well as opening & closing my store. I was in charge of all in store and out store inventory, managed promotional material for weekly specials . I did all the ordering of fuel, new merchandise and re-ordering my regular merchandise. All inventory deadlines and budgets were always met.
Fun Place to work when started
Sales Associate (Former Employee), 7050 N IH 35 San Antonio, TX 78218July 24, 2015
Pros: Veriety to do
Cons: Management changes
Fun place to work when started when everyone did what they where supposed to and showed up on time. Everyone showed up at least 10 min early. Manager made sure every shift did stocking and cleaning. No one was left to work by themselves. Then Exxon started to move moving the managers around and staff started to come and go as chose and not all shifts continued to stock and clean. Each manager change got worse.
Very Caring Employer
Cost Estimator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Mulitiple Level Ownership for work
They care very well for full time employees but not for contractors.

Also very high focus on building team work and sharing ideas.
Great Place to work
Chemist VIII (Current Employee), baytown texasJuly 23, 2015
Great pay but there is very limited upward movement for contractors. They teach you everything you need to know and have a great safety culture.
Verry good comparny to work for.
Contractor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: The people that i worked with.
Cons: Being off shore.
Rig Clerk/Logistics Coordinator – Used Well View to complete daily reports, to keep track of daily cost, and to track all changes and operations throughout the well's lifecycle. Kept track of all rental items using Microsoft Excel. Maintained a tracking data base for equipment used on work locations. Analyzed equipment and personnel needs and present possible scenarios to the Company Representative. Worked as consultant through Gulf Coast Clerks for oil companies, coordinating logistical operations for offshore drilling rigs in the Gulf of Mexico deep water work locations. Maintained daily cost expenditures and work site activities using Well View. Worked with rental tool companies (shipping, receiving and adjusting costs). Completed computer work in various programs
I would not recomend this job
Cashier (Former Employee), Parkton, MDJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Great pay for little work.
Cons: Terrible work environment
Working overnight is extremely difficult and hard on the social life, but I got paid well for what little I did. The management was horrible and unforgiving.
Good job for single person in school.
Sales Team Lead (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2015
This is a good job for a person who is in college just trying to make money for life. There was a good group of employees but the management was not so good. In our store there were not too managers that would stay put. We never really had a manager because they would bounce around too much. Therefore, there was not much direction. Other than that it was a good place to work.
Excellent company that recognizes and invests in key employees
Organizational Alignment Lead (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 15, 2015
ExxonMobil is a company that recognize high-flyer potential employees and invest on them. As employee I've had excellent opportunities to grow as a SAP professional and build a solid career where I increase my experience in Security as well as acquired leadership, communication and coordination skills
cashier
Assistance Manager (Former Employee), napervilleJuly 15, 2015
there was good co worker, i like to work as cashier, and i like to give my costumer good service.
they was flexible with my hours
I was fortunate to work in several, large-scale geological regional studies worldwide.
Geotechnologist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 10, 2015
Pros: The pure joy and fun of working with some truly amazing people.
Cons: Inefficient corporate structure inre employee career advancement.
I worked for Exxon prior to the merge with Mobil, so the company has changed since. Work consisted of geoscience software apps (PC and UNIX). Started working with CAD, applying the software to geological mapping, cross-sections, et al. Quickly expanded into other software apps as needed. The exposure to computer software was the critical turning point in my ongoing career...for then forward, computer knowledge was paramount to remaining in the oil and gas industry, so for that I owe Exxon much. I was blessed with superior Exxon managers who listened as well as directed. Loved my co-workers, especially in the Sakhalin Group. Hardest part of job were the sometimes long hours required to meet critical deadlines, but the joy of meeting or exceeding all of them was rewarding and so much fun with the co-workers I had.
A so-so company.
Construction Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Good pay.
Cons: No life.
Good pay. No life. Most people are robotic. Good travel opportunities. Do not be different... you will not survive. The company is very selective and management is lacking. Everything is political and not merit based.
Productive and fun place to work
Records Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 9, 2015
Worked with logs and maps for the Geo group. Was very physical and fast paced yet fun to learn and meet new people in the industry.
Great Company
Materials Coordinator/Buyer (Former Employee), Longview, TXJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Great Pay
Cons: No chances to move into full time empoyment unless college higher degree grades
Great Company and salary but some supervisors require longer hours with submitting time in line of expenses.
Worked overseas for 4 years and let go due to lying sub supervisor word who was a full time Exxon Employer.
If you work for them you better get everything in writing before acting and keep that in your private account off site.
Enjoyed going to work and getting things done unhindered
Engineer for Esso (Former Employee), Baton Rouge RefineryJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Good work atmosphere and excellent relationships
Cons: Pay raises were too far apart
The job of my dream. The people, the atmosphere, the sense of safety, progressive thinking and acting and innovative ideas made me feel good about who I was and what value added things I was called on to do the make a positive difference in day to day operations. Planning, developing, justifying, and implementing projects was my joy.
Working at Mobil
Cashier (Former Employee), Marysville, MIJuly 7, 2015
A day at work was a typical day. cleaning the store and communicating with customers. counting down the drawer at the beginning and end of the shift.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Santa Maria, CAJuly 5, 2015
I enjoy working with the public I enjoy the fast pace work. It's a real good kind of place to work meet variety of people. Management is great here, not to many raises. Over all it's a good job.
It was ok
Bus Boy (Former Employee), Birmingham, AlJuly 2, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: It was kind of boring to work there
It was a nice fun experience to work there at the time. We only had one boss there and he was ok to work with. All in all I learned stuff that I never did before which is a plus.
Fun work place
Senior Desktop Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 1, 2015
Pros: great experience
Cons: Always contract
Fun work place alot new things to learn. This is a great place to pick up alot of hands on enterprise level experience. They have a large Vm presence.
great place
Manager (Former Employee), broward counJune 30, 2015
this is a company that folows thier rules and regulations to strive for gredat customer service and safety. this company also had a way to make each manager important and give them ownership of the store they were stationed at.
Busy
CASHIER (Current Employee), Mobile, alJune 30, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: thieves
Work as a cashier at Exxon is a fast pace job. I have people frequently in and out the store. It is a neighbor gas station so I most of the time see the same people everyday. I recognize and know most of my customers by face and even name. Exxon is the first and only gas station I have ever experience and it has been a challenging job. I have had to tell with several thieves trying to still items out of the store. It is an interesting job but it also keep you occupied.

1 2 3 4 5

About ExxonMobil

It's not necessarily the oil standard, but Exxon Mobil is the world's largest integrated oil company (ahead of Royal Dutch Shell – Read more

ExxonMobil Salaries