ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Employer Reviews

you get to meet all kinds of new people
Cashier (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CADecember 9, 2014
its a nice decent job.
It all depends on who is the owner.
I had agood experience there.
of what my day was and my coworkers
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Mansfield, PADecember 9, 2014
Pros: half off lunch
Cons: i never really hated any part of my job
A typical day at work went clock in and see what the shift before me didn't get done. like if they didn't get all the dishes done or had sub to make. jump in and get it done so I could start my shift. clean a little threw the day what needed to be done. till close then when closing time came get the bathrooms done an hour before everything else, take trash out and get dishes done. working with the other team member was really good everyone work together no single person did it all every one did there part.
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Grenada, MSDecember 8, 2014
This was not a great place to be employed if you have a family.
You don't receive enough hours or pay.
fast paced and fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 2, 2014
Exxon Mobile was a very fast paced environment where everyone was very polite and respectable. My co- workers made it so much more exciting because of the team work that we shared, I enjoyed all of the multi- tasking. The hardest part of that job was when I had to leave to start my externship for school.
Great getting to know customers
Gas attendant and Clerk (Former Employee), lafayette, njDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: no breaks and working lunch. cant sit down either.
It was fun to work there with the people and customers until the take over of newer owners. they were professional but didn't seem to like that other people had lives. I was injured at work there and they refused workmans compensation due to "they didn't see it so it didn't happen". I loved interacting and helping customers. Co-worker was great and I miss her. Learned how to be a team and work together. learned lottery and register. Hardest part of the job was when I was told I was going to only be working outside then was never permanently placed out there. Grant it, changes and adaptability are key in a company but don't keep saying it and not do so.
Exxon Co USA, was the best thing that ever happened to me jobwise!
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 1, 2014
Pros: training and promotion was always available.
Cons: finding a parking space in downtown houston.
A position was created just for me I always felt as I grew into it, I was sent to more training classes. This is so important for companies to do; invest into their employees. If they want their employees to rise higher in their abilities, give them tools to help them climb up.
Exxon was great at this! I realize they have merged since then with Mobil.

I will always be grateful for my Exxon years! I learned professionalism and teamwork.
ExxonMobil is a fun place to work
Pipeline Offshore Measurement Technician (Former Employee), Raceland, LANovember 27, 2014
Pros: management made it flexible to work and the hours were good
Cons: there were too much paper work.
The work was full and pleasant with much to learn. The management was reasonable and understanding. Mostly all the co-workers were ideal to work with. I trusted the management and company ideas. The hardest part of my job was working in the climax weather at times. I enjoyed offshore measurements.
Excellent Company
Inventory Specialist - Intermediates Supply Chain (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: great opportunities
Cons: location - moving to the woodlands
Very flexible hours
Great Management
Nice enveriment
Excellent companyto work with
positive work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Milford, CTNovember 18, 2014
a typical day at work I count the cigarettes before and after my shift and the lottery tickets
I enjoyed working at ExxonMobile. The work and the people I worked with were great.
Maintenance and Reliability Assistant (Former Employee), Coden, ALNovember 16, 2014
Pros: people are friendly, physical work place was good, provided lunches.
Cons: little opportunity to become permanent for clerical staff.
For the most part this would be an excellent company to work for.

Employees have excellent benefits and safety culture. Work place is maintained and all employees are subject to safety training as appropriate for their position.

My position was as a contractor and was no longer needed when a new process was implemented which moved purchasing process for the gas platforms' purchases to the field supervisors on the platforms. The goal was to reduce costs and allowed the supervisors ability to place their orders directly with the vendors.
First job, long night shifts
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: no micromanaging on behalf of our supervisors
Cons: little career growth opportunity
Working at the gas station was the first place I worked once I moved to Newburgh. The basic responsibilities included cash register management, stocking, taking inventory, and assisting customers. I was able to work on my communication skills, but it was difficult to work long night shifts and attend classes in the morning.
Productive fun place to work at
General Manager (Former Employee), Hillsboro, TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: meet people evryday
Cons: no breaks, no healthcare
Learned Management Skills, Loved getting to know the people I worked with it always make a better working environment
This was a bad place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cleburne, TXNovember 6, 2014
The manager here was rude and didn't let you ask for anything like days off.
Producitivity
Safety Professional (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 5, 2014
Safety responsibility for all,( i.e. clients contractors )
Moved up
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Naples, FLNovember 4, 2014
Working for Exxon Mobil was great. I started to work for this company right after I got out of high school. I left for a few years and they hired my back on as a Assistant Manager.
Many tasks to accomplish plus register work
Service Associate (Current Employee), Hartwell, GANovember 3, 2014
Typically you will go in to the store you would work at either as a stocking associate or as a register operator. Sometimes you will do both in between customers. The store I am currently with has a two person crew. You will spend a lot of time in a cold cooler stocking drinks, cleaning, organizing, and assisting customers. If you aren't a smoker you will learn tobacco as if you were, the same applies to the lottery. I have been very lucky to have co-workers I am compatible with. The hardest part is the pressure and expectations of the management crew while the most enjoyable part are some of the customers who come in and share their humorous side.
Environment is a gasoline terminal, very different from what I was used to for 21 years in the Corporate Environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Port Everglades, FLOctober 30, 2014
Pros: very good benefits including healthcare and savings plan
Cons: there are no breaks or privacy associated with this position in the terminal
My typical workday includes maintaining inventory of products in Excel, TMS and SAP programs, processing invoices, creating purchase orders, and general administrative duties associated with being an Administrative Assistant. I worked for ExxonMobil for 21 years in the Corporate Executive offices in Coral Gables in the Americas South Division. Two years ago, that division closed and I was offered a position in the Operations side of the business in the terminal in Port Everglades. This was a completely different side of the business that I had never been exposed to before. It entailed learning everything that was involved in the operations side of running a terminal. I had to learn everything from receiving product from the ships, to watching and evaluating truck drivers loading the product, to managing inventory in excel, GOM, TMS and CTI programs. It was very exciting to learn another aspect of the business. At the same time, I miss the Corporate Office atmosphere and general administrative duties that filled the major part of my day for the past 21 years and would very much like to get back into that atmosphere. I work very well with my co-workers, even though we are coming from two different ends of the business. I believe I am a very adaptable person and give 100% of myself in whatever position I am put into. I enjoy learning new tasks and job responsibilities.
no security
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 29, 2014
too much theft with no security. the pay was very good but it wasn't worth my safety.
Wondeful co workers
Cashier & Service Associate (Former Employee), houston,txOctober 27, 2014
Had the highly visible position of greeting vistors and vendors.I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
Busy environment
Cashier/Customer Service(Seasonal) (Former Employee), Munster, INOctober 24, 2014
Pretty simple going place, many days I've worked there had busy moments of people coming in to buy smokes and gas up their cars. Operating the car wash machines to clean customer's cars was fun.

About ExxonMobil

It's not necessarily the oil standard, but Exxon Mobil is the world's largest integrated oil company (ahead of Royal Dutch Shell – Read more