ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

Not for a social butterfly
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIMay 17, 2016
Working alone, overnight, was the absolute worst thing I have ever put myself through, I am a social butterfly and need to be around people, talking, communicating, in the presence of another human being. I was by myself from late night to early morning and I will never ever put myself through it again.
Easy job but boring
gas attendent (Current Employee) –  Union, NJMarch 22, 2016
Being a gas attendant is incredibly easy and simple but the pay is the bare minimum and the gas fumes make you feel sick which is the worst part of the job. U will never get a raise or promotion and co-workers are usually foreign and speak little English. Nice part is you get to be out side and you have a lot of down time. Management will usually be Indian and all the supervisors will be members of his family. Don't recommend as anything but an in between opportunities type job.
Pros
Small discounts in the store.
Cons
The gas fumes will make you sick over time.
I learned a lot as a young adult here
Assistant Manager/Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Kiowa, TXApril 26, 2016
My first job. I hired on washing dishes, and eventually moved up to assistant manager. The owners were great to me. Blue cross blue shield insurance, vacation, maternity leave...paid. I learned a lot at this job, and it helped me to become a dependable young adult
Pros
Great customers!
Cons
low pay...not a career
productive and enjoy while serving customers.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 28, 2016
I love what i do and I give 100% to my work. The most enjoyable part is when we finish our work in given time and we get to chat with each other. I learned that nothing is really hard but all you got to do is focus.
Pros
Best management
Cons
short breaks.
what I was able to do and achieve on the job
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 12, 2016
this job gave me a lot of learning experience to better myself in the it skill set. Most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the Exxon Mobil customers getting them set up to move into the new campus
Offered opportunity and new challenges
Service Manager / Technician (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 13, 2016
While working at the Exxon shop, I was able to see an opportunity and to act on it by developing a new program for after-hours clients as well as the rental car program and new training programs. The management was extremely supportive and I was given the latitude to explore and plan these new programs, while supervising and training the technical staff.
Pros
leadership opportunities
Cons
small shop with limited career path
Work Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fowler, MIMay 29, 2016
The work place was very crowded, they had a lot of things but I never saw anyone buy most of the items that they sell. I did like working there but I did not seem to get a long with the owner and the manager. They seemed to not like me and I do not understand why.
Pros
Discounts on Subway
Cons
No breaks
a really great place to work for
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJune 1, 2016
this is a really good place to work for if you are looking to meet new people and learn new things in life they teach you so much and management where really great people a typical day was learning and everyday was a different day never the same
Great company
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  BatonSeptember 13, 2016
Tremendous opportunity but poor upper management. Very cutthroat. There is no room for human error with this company. Mistakes in their eyes are not tolerated. Could've done things differently and make no excuses
Exxon Mobil
cashier (Former Employee) –  Ore City, TXMarch 3, 2016
Exxon mobil is a great company to work for. The store I worked for was owned by a local couple. I worked for the couple on weekends and some nights. The couple had suffered a great loss of there oldest son and needed help running there store, and asked if I would come work for them. I gladly accepted. There wasn't much room for advancement as it was a small store, in a small town. I worked mainly the register and in the mornings I worked their deli. I also lived in the small town so I enjoyed interacting with my community. My daughter could come to work with me in the mornings and they would take her to school. Overall a very good work environment.
Typical work environment
Baton Rouge Refinery Pipestills Turnaround Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 26, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the development of the employees to perform at a higher level. Employee develop at the company was a must for managers.
Benefits
Great Company to work for
Lotus Notes/Domino Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2016
Expectations were high which motivated me to work hard. Every two to three years you would be moved to a different department. This allowed to gain experience in different areas
retail gas station
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2016
usually bagging ice and stocking coolers. hardest part of the job was when we got busy co workers always called in and left me working most of the time
Pros
boos let us charge thing to check
Cons
payrate low no advancment
Great Company to Work For
Environmental Regulatory & Compliance Advisor (Current Employee) –  North Slope, AKJuly 27, 2016
Awesome company to work for, would definitely come back on future projects. Worked for four years on the Point Thomson Project and into early Operations. Great time.
Its a great place to work with excellent management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sugar Hill, GAFebruary 23, 2016
I started working for exxon in 2011. At first my job was on the customer service section, then I was promoted to assistant manager where I was responsible to maintain the network beside performing customer servicing and merchandising. I remember one day when our whole network was down and I had to be on the phone for several hours with the service technician to resolve the issue. That was very fascinating. That day I learned a lot about the Gibarco Operating System and helped me to resolve issues later. There is no hard part in my job as the working environment and co-workers are excellent.
Pros
Lunch is from the company
Cons
Salary is not up to the standard.
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 26, 2016
ExxonMobil is a dynamic, exciting place to work. We hire exceptional people, and every one of them is empowered to think independently, take initiative and be innovative. We invite you to explore the world of opportunities waiting for you.
I really like how quick and efficient it was.
Tigermart (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXSeptember 16, 2016
Exxon is a decent job. It's a very easy and adjustable job. You meet some pretty exciting customers daily and build relationships. Pretty nice location. It isn't too busy or too dead.
Productive engaging environment.
Records Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2016
Excellent environment to grow and flourish with numerous programs to increase knowledge and add value to the company. Fostering a can do approach to getting things done.
Typical refinery/chemical atmosphere.
Sr. Staff Analyzer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 26, 2016
Location is difficult as the weather is hot and humid. Training inadequate. Good co-workers. Unit support presents opportunity for improvement.
Pros
Open communicatios
Cons
No change after communication
boring slow paced
cashire (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAJuly 7, 2016
working at exxon was a tiring job i was working full time hours with a part time payment i was only being paid 7.50 but i was working 8+ hours everyday. when i was only a part time employee
Pros
customers are nice
Cons
boring