ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

Great PLace
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 21, 2016
Lots of accountability across the board for: meetings, reports, assisting other departments vendor handling lead follow-ups, customer issues related to all leads, system glitches that require extensive follow up with vendors, product knowledge, and a host of other responsibilities.
Great learning experience, provided a higher level of project knowledge
Project Materials Management & Logistics Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2016
Great place to work, top tier people enabling world class project execution on the most complex [projects in the industry.
Pros
Professional work environment, commitment to safe work environment
Server Administrator (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 19, 2016
Great place to work with great people. ExxonMobil takes pride in their culture of safety. I would recommend the company for anyone looking to work here.
Work day at Exxon
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Munster, INOctober 23, 2016
A typical work day at Exxon was not always a good one. Sometimes managers had nasty attitudes, and the owners were not better. I had to keep my composure plenty of times because of the disrespect and rudeness that came from managers.
Fun Job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHOctober 31, 2016
I was working for some income while I studied for my securities and life and health ins. licences to work for Prudential. I absolutely LOVE working with the public at a fast paced gas station. Obviously pay wasn't going to work, but FUN job...FUN FUN FUN
worked alone on over nights
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ARJuly 22, 2016
it was ok not enough hours management was great there was no team work someone was always stealing and alot of people loss jobs cause of one person stealing
Pros
its ok
Cons
need to trust employees
Exxon Mobil
cashier (Former Employee) –  Ore City, TXMarch 3, 2016
Exxon mobil is a great company to work for. The store I worked for was owned by a local couple. I worked for the couple on weekends and some nights. The couple had suffered a great loss of there oldest son and needed help running there store, and asked if I would come work for them. I gladly accepted. There wasn't much room for advancement as it was a small store, in a small town. I worked mainly the register and in the mornings I worked their deli. I also lived in the small town so I enjoyed interacting with my community. My daughter could come to work with me in the mornings and they would take her to school. Overall a very good work environment.
Typical work place
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2016
This company was as predictable as any other, under paid and over worked. Staff and management was OK, work load was simple.
Very productive and diverse workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXJuly 16, 2016
I enjoyed working here and met a lot of nice people. The manager was supportive and staff were pleasant we all worked as a team. I helped the manager when she was on vacation and helped organize a charity event to sponsor needy children. I also managed the Sub-Way while working there.
Pros
Employee discounts on merchandise and food
Cons
no Healthcare
Productive engaging environment.
Records Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2016
Excellent environment to grow and flourish with numerous programs to increase knowledge and add value to the company. Fostering a can do approach to getting things done.
Excellent working experience overall
Consultant, Materials Logistics. (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2016
I have appreciated all of the positions help on these projects and have learned a lot. International projects are especially interesting as they provide valueable insight into other cultures.
Pros
Innovative leader in the oil and gas industry
Great people oriented job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAAugust 18, 2016
I come to work and count the register. Make sure that everything is done correctly. I learned how to work with people no matter the situation. My co-workers were always on the same page as me. The hardest part of the job i want to say was keeping count of cigarettes.
Large competitive corporate environment
Senior Research & Facilities Planning Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 19, 2014
Corporate culture is very competitive. Rating / ranking modeled after typical corporate systems putting employees into thirds against their peers within their groups. Difficult to improve / damage ranking after the initial placement at >1 yr with the company. Advancement largely tied to the success of your supervisor and the ability to politically campaign for yourself.

All operations are migrating to a mega-corporate headquarters in The Woodlands, TX.

Frequent position changes (1-2 years). Employees cannot apply for positions, management makes the decisions for the company.
Pros
Excellent pay / benefits / retirement package. Great job security.
Cons
Poor work / life balance, Culture is migrating to mega-large corporate headquarters, Little room for self-expression / differentiation, Very competitive / political environment
Senior Analyst & Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2016
great team, lots of good people and mentors. many people to learn from. Challenging work and exposure to high-profile activities. People support each other and everything is a team effort.
Nice place of work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2016
Working for this company gave me a great deal of experience, I learnt a lot just working with them. Great managers, good hours, alright pay.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Most of time you in there by yourself with no help
Great company, greater people!
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 23, 2016
Great place to work, relaxed and friendly. Safety and work/family balance are a few of the top values.
There's a sense of fulfillment which is sometimes hard to experience working it IT.
r& k review
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NCNovember 9, 2016
Check out customers, Lottery scratches offs. Fill ciggerettes cigars, and sweep mop, clean drink machines, take out trash. Clean shelves. Count down Count safe.
Pros
Good Location
Cons
no breaks, works alone for a couple hours
Quiet, Easy, we had a microwave.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 6, 2016
It was mostly an easy do some times were busy. I had to get out of my shy habits. co workers were often late and they would short my hours on my check all the time. Hardest part was when drunk people would come in or a customer was just rude and insulting. I liked being on shift alone. Manager want above and beyond her job.
Pros
free fountion drinks, free meds when ill, quiet
Cons
no healthcare, undependable co-workers no time and a half for holidays
Its nasa!
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2016
Government job, so the pace is slow, but if you can put up with that, everything will be fine. You will meet amazing people there, everyone is super smart and for the most part everything is chill.
work place was an ok place to work
Operations (Current Employee) –  Port Allen, LANovember 1, 2016
for more or less they really dont care about there employees very much and i feel as though i was hugely under paid. i wouldnt want to work there ever again it just wasnt for me .