ExxonMobil Employee Reviews in United States

cool
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 6, 2016
I like this job its fun and I learned alot at this job. They take care of thier employees and the are very understanding. I recommend this place for full time students.
Chemist (Former Employee) –  5200 Bayway Drive, Baytown,TX 77520March 3, 2016
It was en excellent work environment.

Nice people.

Flexiblity of work

Nice management

Ability to move up.

R & D of chemicals
Exxon Mobil
cashier (Former Employee) –  Ore City, TXMarch 3, 2016
Exxon mobil is a great company to work for. The store I worked for was owned by a local couple. I worked for the couple on weekends and some nights. The couple had suffered a great loss of there oldest son and needed help running there store, and asked if I would come work for them. I gladly accepted. There wasn't much room for advancement as it was a small store, in a small town. I worked mainly the register and in the mornings I worked their deli. I also lived in the small town so I enjoyed interacting with my community. My daughter could come to work with me in the mornings and they would take her to school. Overall a very good work environment.
Developer Heaven
.NET/SQL Developer/Data Modeler - Contract (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 3, 2016
For being such a large organization you would expect it to be a bit stodgy and archaic, but it was a very relaxed and energized environment. Both the main campus and Hughes Landing are very nice places to work.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Oil Below $50
Professional atmosphere with emphasis on quailty and safety.
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 25, 2016
I worked as a contractor in the Control Systems section of ExxonMobil's Research and Engineering organization. Our team supported over 50 sites across the globe. The work environment was very professional with an emphasis on safety. The dress code in our section was business casual. My co-workers were very easy to work with and we all helped each other when help was needed.

Management maintained an open-door policy and trusted the more senior engineers to do their jobs mostly with a hands off approach. Team leads would typically assign projects or tasks and allow the individual engineers to accomplish those tasks within a reasonable timeframe without unnecessary supervision. Our team also provided technical support for remote site engineers.

Having access to the computing infrastructure at one of the largest companies in the world allowed me to acquire the skillset required to operate and troubleshoot a wide range of equipment and off-the-shelf/commercial software.
Its a great place to work with excellent management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sugar Hill, GAFebruary 23, 2016
I started working for exxon in 2011. At first my job was on the customer service section, then I was promoted to assistant manager where I was responsible to maintain the network beside performing customer servicing and merchandising. I remember one day when our whole network was down and I had to be on the phone for several hours with the service technician to resolve the issue. That was very fascinating. That day I learned a lot about the Gibarco Operating System and helped me to resolve issues later. There is no hard part in my job as the working environment and co-workers are excellent.
Pros
Lunch is from the company
Cons
Salary is not up to the standard.
Productive but not suitable for my educational and professional background
Contract Staff of U.S.S.A (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Working in this company has been worth the while. However because it is a non legal positionthere is little or no future for me here.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
breaks
Review on Exxon Mobile
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 15, 2016
What I have learned working here is just how important team work really is, if co-workers are not on the same page then the work becomes horrendous and unending.
The most enjoyable part of this job is that it is a faster pace, friendly guests and you always have something to do.
Management puts employees at risk do to unsafe currency placement.
Pros
Free soda refills, Working with a variety of people
Cons
No Healthcare, No Salary, Shady Management
ehh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAFebruary 12, 2016
They dont really work with you at all or help you get a set shift to work. Tons of drama with other co workers for no reason, need to get way better employees.
Fun and Challenging work enviroment
Convenience Store Clerk/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 9, 2016
I held a Cashier position. It was both fun and challenging. I had hundreds of regulars I came in contact with on the regular basis. I dealt with cash transactions as well as credit card, debit, check and voucher transactions. This job consisted of stocking coolers, and other items as required. I dealt with many food vendors regularly and I had to complete paperwork after every shift. my Co-workers were the best, I didn't care for management or the way in which they operated at times, however it did not effect my work or work ethic. the Hardest part about the job was dealing with the tailgating crowds due to the fact that we were directly across the street from Southern Miss. The most enjoyable part was being able to multitask- perform all of the duties required of me while interacting with the public.
Pros
Full time hours; Flexibility
Cons
Large crowds; understaffed
Great way to build wok experience
Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2016
I was the youngest employee on site and i was treated so well. Pay was great especially for the time and for my age. Hours were great i loved having weekends off.
Great company but opportunities are slim
Level II Support Analyst/Email Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77002February 8, 2016
ExxonMobil is a seasoned company. I've only contracted here but from talking with employees, you feel like a number. It's just a part of being a part of such a large company. Your contributions fall between the cracks. The upside however is you are very well compensated here.
Pros
great pay, relaxed environment
Cons
no real job security
Help Desk
IT Support Technician- Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2016
• Maintained and troubleshot computers, devices, software, and hardware; and used Remedy to schedule, assign, document, and track all tickets.
• Utilized remote desktop programs to access desktops and laptops in order to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to XP operating system, Microsoft office, Citrix, SAP, VPN, RSA tokens, wireless and dial-in calls, local printers and network printers, Smart Cards, and Smartphones.
• Used DRA and Active Directory to unlock accounts, reset passwords, and check permissions.
• Managed the Help Desk training room, and trained IT new hires on daily responsibilities.
Needed a job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYFebruary 1, 2016
This was the first job I got when I came home from Colorado. It was a minimum wage entry level starting point. To much micro managing & drama
Great
Fuel Attendant (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 29, 2016
So far I like it nothing to complain about. Decent hours good co workers, and management works well with the employees. The shifts are decent, but the pay could be a little more.
Excellent Company to work for
Commissioning Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 22, 2016
I have worked for ExxonMobil twice. Each time I loved it. The only bad part is that projects end. Wish I could stay with them forever.
Pros
Great Company, Great pay, Great Atmosphere
Cons
Nothing bad to say about them at all
fun place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Matthews, SCJanuary 19, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job getting to meet new people. I learned alot from the people i worked with everyday. the hardest part of this job having a mad customer but i use my customer service skill very well.
Pros
the boss really cares for his employee
Cons
no health benefits
Very Good Company to work for.
Staff Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 15, 2016
Very Good Company to work for but closed office in Midland and moved to Houston, TX. I worked there for 16 years and got a lot of training and experience.
I stayed busy but the manager/owner was not the best.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJanuary 14, 2016
The owner/manager had been stealing from the store, I didn't know until the other part owner closed it down and sold it. I would get home after working 9 hours straight and the owner would call me back in because he left and nobody new how to fix the problem when the computers/pumps went out.
Cons
Never had a break.
enjoyable company to work for,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Morris, ILJanuary 7, 2016
main store manager had double standards. there was a lot of drama between other co workers. it is not a company id work for again