EY Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced client serving environment
IT Risk and Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 18, 2016
This workplace is a fast paced culture based on delivering the high quality client service. Attention to detail is required and performance is based off of expectations set when you join the firm.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance
Great work culture
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2016
Long hours.
Great opportunity to expand and grow.
Easy access to management.
work with big companies.
Great systems in place to help employees
Learn Alot but Can't Choose
Advisory Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 12, 2016
You learn much about working in teams, project management, maintaining and growing relationships with clients as well as highly specific subject matter. You will learn while here but what you will learn is entirely up to you, and there will be barriers from management as to what type of work you can and cannot support. Large time investment required to have a decision in where you want your career to take you. Typical of most corporations.
Solid place to work
Staff/Assistant, Valuation and Business Modeling (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2016
Good, smart people. An interesting place to start a career since you get exposed to a wide range of people and industries.
Better than other Big 4 Gigs
Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 9, 2016
Expected busy season workloads with audit deadlines. Much more relaxed than other firms and even offices across the region. Enjoy the people that I work with.
Pros
Strive for work-life balance, nice 401k match and other benefits, great people
Cons
sometimes long hours
Experienced hire
Advisory Services, Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2016
Challenging environment to quickly succeed, especially on the Advisory-side.
Make sure to have strong / experienced counselors and advisors. Always ask for training / guidance / etc... impossible to identify what resources are available without support.
Fast paced work environment
Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 4, 2016
Extremely demanding but rewarding envoronment. The Company is part of top 100 best companies to work for.One of the Big 4 Accounting firms.
Pros
In depth Tax knowledge available quickly
Cons
Long hours during tax season
Excellent
Internal Auditor/Consultant, Staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2016
I recommend this company if you are looking for a challenge and willing to learn in a fast pace work environment. Long hours and a lot of travel. This is due to the nature of the client base and location.
Great work environment with flexibility
Fraud & Investigative Disputes / TAS (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2016
This is a great company and the people are high achievers. It is a fast paced environment which makes everyday different.
Will give you a load of experience in short period of time, but no work life balance
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2016

Travel in the advisory practice is 100%

Typical work week is 80 hours
Cons
Good place to work to gain experience
Senior Associate - Wealth and Asset Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2016
EY is a good place to work and gain experience but they claim to have a good work/life balance and that is not true. Most jobs at EY expect you to work a lot of hours throughout the year and if you are not on the client serving side, you do not get the same career guidance and job growth. I find it hard to progress at a place like EY without having a CPA. The benefits and pay are good if you stay for a number of years and get great reviews. In the end, the amount of hours and workloads have no end in sight and employee appreciation is not as positive as in years' past. Most of the focus is on increasing revenues and gaining clients. There is not a lot of focus on their own people.
Pros
Benefits, vacation time.
Cons
Long hours, large workloads, stressful environments.
Hard work for success
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  LuxembourgApril 15, 2016
Being part of a Big Four was my first experience after I graduated, as I wasn't working in the field I studied, I didn't stay long but I definitely learned a lot about the respect of the policies, working hard and late sometimes, be there for colleagues, also always keep my brain trained.
Role of a senior auditor
Senior Assurance Services/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 13, 2016
Working as a Senior Auditor has been a great experience. My day at work involves examining and analyzing journal and ledger entries, inventories, assets and liabilities. Prepare detail report on audit findings and make recommendations to improve established accounting and management practices. Supervise and train/educate articulating students and other staff auditors.
Pros
Great learning experience, wonderful people
Cons
Extensively very long hours.
I would prefer not to respond.
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 12, 2016
Great place to start a career. Definitely has propelled my career. Would recommend any college student to start in public accounting.
First job
Assurance and Advisory Business Services Senior (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 6, 2016
This was my first job out of college. Was a wonderful experience. As time when on, found the work/life balance to be challenging.
Excellent
Quality of Life Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 4, 2016
-Great company
-Employees are treated respectfully
-I learned how to be professional in an office atmosphere
-Coworkers were friendly and helpful
The firm has a strong and communicated vision.
Senior Manager, Financial Services Office Advisory (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 4, 2016
Although I had sufficient support at the partner level, the marketplace may not support the firm's vision. Overall, I had a positive experience with the firm, supporting clients, driving revenue, and providing technology service delivery.
Pros
Great Support at the Partner level.
Cons
Marketplace is soft on the strategic vision.
Great experience, lots of hours
Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 4, 2016
I feel like my experience here has been invaluable; every day it seems like I learn something new. The hardest part is definitely the hours, which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I enjoy the responsibility given from day #1, as well as the ability to interact with my team and client on a daily basis.
great company
Financial Service Rep/Retirement Counselor (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 3, 2016
Great office and everyone works as a team. Management is very considerate and caring of employees. Offers excellent work/life balance and competitive salaries.
Best Company / Best Job / Best people EVER
Technician Help Desk level 2 (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 2, 2016
The company culture is Great, the work environment Is Ideal & Professional, the only drawback is the Seasonal Nature of some jobs , BUT in spite of this it rates as my all time Favourite Job.
Pros
Work from home in Bad weather / when allowed/specified on some jobs
Cons
Seasonal some - jobs are not for the full year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.