EY

EY Employer Reviews

Engaged, Intelligent Company
Senior Consultant, Financial Services Office (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2014
Pros: travel budgets
Cons: long hours
An outstanding company. You can be confident that you will meet the most intelligent, driven people around if you work here. Hours are long and travel is a must, but you will grow personally and professionally if you earn a spot at EY.
People first culture and fun at workplace
Assurance Senior (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere to work
Cons: compensation
EY is great place to work, you can have proper work life balance and also there fun at work place. Fridays we have fun fridays and also people around are great. But when it comes to Compensation EY is a poor pay master. Management is not that great but can work in this place.

Learning perspective, its a great place to build knowledge and develop you – more... technical and interpersonal skills.

You learn in each company, neither a company is bad or good it upto a person to take what it needs him/her to achieve the goal – less
Very happy place where employees work hard and have fun
Tax Intern (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 23, 2014
I enjoyed my time at EY because of the quality of work they present. The employees are very driven and friendly.
Big company with some opportunities to grow up
Assurance Senior Manager (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPJuly 21, 2014
Pros: reliance, commitment
I worked basically with insurance, reinsurance, brokers, healthy and pension plan companies and it helped me a lot to improve my knowledge on this specific market. I had some clients and each one had a different team that I was responsible to coach.
Down to Earth workplace
Internship (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2014
I really enjoyed working at EY. Learn a lot, everyone were nice and down to earth.
Great Team & Opportunity to Grow
IT Risk & Assurance (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 16, 2014
A typical work day includes either going to client meetings, discussing strategies for documentation, documenting workpapers, testing client's design efficiency & operating effectiveness, or conducting internal meetings.

I have improved my time management & organization skills through this career as well have gained experience in client relationship – more... building, client communication, and presentation skills. – less
Dynamic place
IT Risk Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Madrid, SpainJuly 15, 2014
Pros: dietary suplements, international work, dynamic projects
Cons: long journey, hard work, total availability for work
-One hour lunch break.
-Presentation, documentation, problem-based solving skills
-Young people
-Total availability, long work journeys, strict policies for travelling dietaries.
-Dynamic, heterogeneous work letting the employees to participate in several projects form different clients.
Advisory Sucks
Assurance Staff (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2014
Pros: good trainings and development, good career development
Cons: poor work life balance, senior management lack of time to train staff
If you're in the assurance service line, don't do anything in advisory. You won't learn anything there and it won't be relevant to your career. The hardest thing about the job is really staying competitive despite the fact that a lot of the experiences you get at EY is really out of your control.
Horrible corporate culture
Senior - Advisory Services (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 9, 2014
Pros: compensation is decent but in life, money can not buy you happiness
Cons: management, culture
EY does not care about its people. You are treated like factory workers with no education or technical skills. Do not apply to the Financial Services Office, specifically AML -- it is horrible! Do not believe anything they tell you on the job interview. It is all lies and when you try to address any of your concerns, you are quickly blacklisted and – more... given engagements with long commute (3-6 hours roundtrip daily!) or insane hours! No work-life balance, no respect for its employees!!! Apply to Deloitte -- I'm sure it has a better practice! – less
Ernst & Young
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 9, 2014
Pros: pay, interaction with people.
Cons: office politics
Typical day was reviewing marketing needs for the Partners of the firm, getting them promotional sporting tickets in time to invite clients and make it to the game. I maintained the marketing database. I coordinated the Entrepreneur of the Year event at the local hotel, including food organization, writing articles for the Denver Business Journal.

What – more... I liked about this position was the engagement in the marketing side of the business, connecting to the people. What I didn't like was the lack of direction given by my Marketing Director, with expectations and no explanation. The office had a culture that didn't work for me. – less
Technology risk controls
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
Very professional services firm. High standards of quality and accuracy.
Good work place to start off your career in accounting
Senior, Audit, Assurance Service (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 7, 2014
EY is a decent company to start your career especially in accounting. I have had experience working on multiple engagements and the executives are experienced. Overall positive work experience.
SENIOR AUDITOR
Senior Auditor (Former Employee), KARACHIJuly 2, 2014
Pros: best for audit training
Cons: late career growth in audit firm
INITIAL CAREER UPTO MIDDLE MANAGEMENT LEVEL TRAINING.

4 YEARS OF EXTENSIVE TRAINING WITH AUDIT OF VARIOUS CLIENTS (LOCAL & INTERNALTIONAL).

MANAGEMENT & CO-WORKERS: SUPPORTIVE
ey
Financial Audit Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2014
good working for the company. Learned alot. • Established working relationships with client personnel
• Performed analytical review of audit documents, analyzed data using forecast methods
• Reviewed client accounting and operating procedures
• Prepared financial statements reports and documentation supporting Ernst & Young audit opinions
Great, best and fantastic place
Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 29, 2014
Pros: great, best and fantastic place.
Cons: great, best and fantastic place.
Great, best and fantastic place. Great, best and fantastic place. Great, best and fantastic place. Great, best and fantastic place. Great, best and fantastic place. Great, best and fantastic place. Great, best and fantastic place. Great, best and fantastic place. Great, best and fantastic place. Great, best and fantastic place. Great, best and fantastic – more... place. Great, best and fantastic place. Great, best and fantastic place. Great, best and fantastic place. Great, best and fantastic place. Great, best and fantastic place. Great, best and fantastic place. Great, best and fantastic place. Great, best and fantastic place. – less
Encourages you to grow on interpersonal and technical skills
Audit Staff / Assistant (Current Employee), San Juan, PRJune 26, 2014
I've had a great experience here, since it makes you grow more than technical skills. EY encourages interpersonal growth, in order to provide excellence as client service professional.
Great benefits. Not sure about everything else.
Security Analyst (Former Employee), New JerseyJune 24, 2014
Benefits are great. Not sure about management. There seems to be a disconnect in terms of dept growth. Management is not transparent in their approach to change as well as employee retention.
One Word "Family"
Technical Support Specialists I (Former Employee), McLean, VAJune 24, 2014
Pros: happy people
Cons: compensation
EY was a great place to work for, I credit Ernst & Young to showing me about what growth in the workplace means. I went from working as the mail delivery guy, to becoming a hoteling coordinator, then a IT technician and lastly I trained the IT portion of EY's new hire on-boarding presentations. Now that's growth! Management was always encouraging and – more... pushed you to succeed. My coworkers were the best, the looked out for my well being on and off the job. – less
Great Experience as an intern
Financial Services Office (FSO) Intern (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJune 24, 2014
Very friendly and considerate environment, fair management, team players. Management focused in training and continuous development of employees. Good recognition for performance.
Ernst and Young
Reprographics Specialist (Former Employee), Washington DCJune 19, 2014
Pros: health insurance, i met some really good people, nice work space, free gym, free washington nationals tickets
Cons: rude people, the higharchy was unclear, poor machines and finish equipement, bad location, time sheets were often unclear
I must say, before I hired I heard some not good things about The Firm. But, I took a leap of faith and stepped outside of my comfort zone. I was a government contractor since since 2006 until my resignation in 2013 when I joined The Firm. When I was first hired, they flew me out to Cleveland, Ohio where their home office is for a meet and greet session – more... and orientation. Only when I to the hotel, come to find out The Firm had not booked my room where they assigned me to stay during my visit to Ohio. That really started out my time with The Firm with a bad taste in my mouth. So, orientation went smoothly and I met some really cool people during my meet and greet. So, I get back to DC 2 days later. That Monday, I get to work, Its a gentlemen there to assist/train for me 2 weeks until I get a hang of the way The Firm operates. Well, that night after work, my trainer played in a pickup game of soccer and tore his ACL. He was out of work for 10 weeks. You would think The Firm would send a replacement trainer to assist me in my first week at The Firm, but they did NOT. So right then and there, i was already behind the 8ball. But, I made due. As time went on, I slowly but surely grabbed a hold of the way The Firm operates with one day of formal training (self taught). During my time at The Firm, the group I worked for Creative Services Group (CSG) was under and major construction with the their job log in system, job receiving system and email system(from Lotus Notes to Outlook) so there were major system outages and crashes for hours at a time. Meanwhile the request kept coming in. I had one color machine which was always in demand and one black and white machine, so when it was busy tax season, things really got hectic, customers got pushy and started complaining, and the ultimately lead to my termination. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About EY

EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help – Read more