EY Employee Reviews

Great culture
Valuation & Business Modeling Analyst (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 2, 2016
Good work environment, good culture. Lack of interpersonal relationships with clients though. Would recommend for a entry level position
From a core business services world
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJFebruary 1, 2016
Core business services you will find people who are either passionate about their job and jump different levels wherever the door opens or those who are comfortable in their job. It is not the 'up or out' motto that you see from the client serving side. Diversity & Inclusiveness is very strong at EY yet in some groups it is lacking in the 'people first' environment. Too many priorities at task and some upper management is becoming 'JP Morgan' with uncertainty which IT group is going to Alpharetta.

EY has great benefits and is focused in helping employees developing their career through training. The offices are moving to become more agile which has it's plus and minuses.

All around it truly is a great company but should reinvest in the IT infrastructure to attract the millennials and retain talent. When you know the right people, they will be your sponsor in bettering your career and helping their own career.
Favoritism at its finest
Senior Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJFebruary 1, 2016
I don't have much to say about this position, but I moved on to bigger and better things. I also can't speak about the entire firm, but my office which was an island unto itself.
No work/life balance but great learning opportunities
Tax Senior (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2016
At any client service firm, you essentially have no personal life as was the case with EY. It's a great firm with great compensation opportunities and learning opportunities, but if your priority isn't to advance in your career, then I would not recommend working here.
Pros
Free food all the time
Great culture, grat workplace.
Assurance Senior (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 28, 2016
EY provide a challenging environment that help to growth the professional career. Constantly providing milestones to keep each professional with the tools and knowledge required by the accounting profession.
Pros
Trainings outside the local office.
Great company
Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2016
Great management able to work on your strengths and help you build your weakness. Loved the corporate setting. I would recommend working for this company if offered a position.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Job security
Productive Workplace
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 26, 2016
A good place to start your career
Work and Life Balance pre senior years
Strong presence in the Financial Services Industry
Nice working environment
Alert Level Compliance AML Analyst (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJanuary 22, 2016
The environment is relaxed and friendly. The pay is something to be desired. The training schedule needs to be organized better to accommodate everyone and the various skills.
Decent
Foundation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2016
I worked here as a temp and was hired on full time. I only worked here for a few months and it was ok. I was the office manager and basically ran the office on my own, with few interactions with other staff, who worked offsite.
Excellent Employer
Staff Auditor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 21, 2016
EY is a great place to work because of the people, the culture, and the benefits. The heavy emphasis on teamwork and the hiring process create an atmosphere of accomplishment.

There is great client exposure and I worked in healthcare, real estate, and manufacturing. I was also responsible for ten inventory observation assignments which included traveling to the client warehouse, preparing documentation, and meeting deadlines set by the team. I improved most in task organization, communication, and efficiency. The most enjoyable part of my work at Ernst & Young happened when I received positive feedback on a project.

Because of the size of Ernst & Young and many of its clients, I would only work on 1-3 accounts and various projects. Since I am searching for a new job, I would like to work somewhere I can work with more of the accounting/auditing process. I believe this would give me a more holistic view of the project and would offer opportunities to complete tasks with more consistency.
Productive team
Recruiting Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2016
The team works very well together and share a common goal of growing in the right direction. Everyone wants to be the best and do their part to help out.
Top consulting firm to work for
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2016
EY is a great company, with great people, good pay and a lot of opportunities. I would recommend it to anyone pursuing a job in financial services.
a typical day
Client Serving Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 12, 2016
basically if you get an engagement you're working non stop. If you don't get an engagement to work on, you will not get enough hours and you will get in trouble
Great company, good people, great benefits, difficult work
Assistant Director, FSO Advisory (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2016
Great company, good people, great benefits, difficult work, challenging personalities and expectations. Depending on what group you are in, you could be overworked, or around challenging management and people. Or you could end up in a great group and love your job.
Building a better working world
ASSURANCE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 10, 2016
EY is a great place to work. The firm has created a challenging and fulfilling work environment, cultivating talent and growth. The firm attracts intelligent and driven individuals, who are searching for a demanding work environment full of opportunities for growth and advancement, while working to achieve a blanced work ahd home life.
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2016
Very rewarding and challenging place to work. Plenty of variety, flexibility, and many professionals surround you on a regular basis.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Travel, long hours, administrative bureacracy
Challenging and high-paced workplace with little reward
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2016
A good firm to learn how to be a professional and start your career. The hours and lack of innovation hurt as you advance, especially at a time where breaking the mold is standard.

Otherwise, EY offers a steady, high-paced and challenging work environment.

The pay is slightly lower, and benefits are terrible (compared to other professional firms).
Pros
Flexible hours, challenging
Cons
Terrible benefits, long hours, poor pay
Flexible environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 10, 2015
Supporting multiple executives, all levels, with different personalities has kept me on my toes and learning something new and amazing everyday! Flexible environment, supportive management and amazing teaming.
Financial Planner
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 9, 2015
Great place to work. Repetitive work but good learning experience. Free lunch from time to time, free coffee, bagel Thursdays.
Okay place to work
Supervising Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2015
The job work / life balance is really nice. Management is very supportive of that. Makes a difference especially when you have children.
Pros
Work life balance is good