EY Employee Reviews

Good place to start
Business Relationship Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Training is lacking. There needs to be more of an investment in its people. Great place diversity. The amount of work can be overwhelming.
A good place to grow
A Senior III in the Strategic Technology Advisory (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2016
A very good place to grow if you find good mentors who can guide you. There is lot of industry knowledge required which makes the job interesting.

People who are both social and workaholic would thrive in this firm
Lots of opportunity and Room for growth and achievement
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Middle EastSeptember 26, 2016
EY is a typical high pressure consulting environment. If you go into the organization not knowing this, you would have been ill-informed. The working hours are long and client is king, which means that deadlines can be unreasonable and though teams may have conflict, the work must be delivered.

No two days in EY are the same. Client meetings, report writing, data analysis, recommendation synthesis, team meetings, conferences, presentations - all of these and/or a combination of these may happen on a daily basis for multiple clients, at multiple sites for multiple project scopes of work.

The hardest part of the job is knowing when to stop for the day and knowing how much work is too much. Your day can be as long as 12-15 hours. It pays to know the importance and priority of your checkpoints on a checklist before diving into the work.

Since EY's advisory department has a number of different services, it pays to know which kind of service you are interested in since this will be your expertise for the next few years in the firm, even though you may be shuffled between departments within advisory due to overlapping knowledge.
Pros
Multitude of work from major companies, Career growth, good compensation
Cons
Work-life balance is up to you, Long hours (sometimes), Hierarchical organization
I recommend
Assistant Director, Communications and Engagement (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2016
I have worked at EY for 5 years and I loved it and thrived. But your experience largely depends on your direct manager. My current manager is awful (an exception in this firm, I believe), which is why I'm looking for another opportunity.
EY is not what it used to be
Infrastructure Server Engineer (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 19, 2016
EY used to be a great company to work for. They valued their people and promoted from within.
It all changed when the family culture turned to a corporate culture. CIOs come and go every 3-4 years. IT organizations get turned up side down and many people got fired.

Since the company went globalization, what's left of the IT jobs have steadily been outsourced to other countries. Now the IT jobs in USA have been chipped away and shipped overseas where they can hire 3-4 employees for the price of one.
Pros
Flexible work hours. Telecommuting
Cons
Globalization, outsourcing to other countries.
Onsite support for consultants for Y2000 project.
Supportr technician for Eli Lilly engagement (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 19, 2016
Great company to work for. Hired because of knowledge of Lilly. Supported 200 EY consultants. Proud to say that Partners of the firm would only allow me to work on their laptops.
Pros
Worked for E&Y
Account Support Associate
Account Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2016
Tough hours but a good work environment. Opportunities for gained exposure in different markets. Work-life balance can be a challenge during busy season.
Good platform to learn
Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 16, 2016
Fun place to work. Get Support from Co-Workers. Balanced Work Tiime . Good Management . Average compensation. Work from home option is good in Ernst and young.
Fast Paced Learning
Senior - Assurance Practice (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 15, 2016
EY is the perfect place to learn in a fast pace to take responsibilities and advance in your career to the next level in the most efficient way.As an associate you will be provided with opportunities to have a diverse work. Through strategic deployment, associates will gain knowledge in multiple technical areas and industries. Ongoing insight from coaches, leaders, and human capital provides support for an open dialogue on interests and diverse career paths.
Pros
Fast Learning
Cons
Non-Stop Busy Season
LEARNIG opportunity
senior (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2016
You work under pressure but you learn a lot from engagements and your peers and supervisors. can be stressful at busy seasons.
Very productive place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2016
I learned a lot about the legalities of the company since I assisted an attorney. It was very interesting in so many ways. The hardest part of the job was the demanding overtime after work hours.
Pros
Very productive work place
Cons
Too demanding and intense
Big firm
Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2016
Big firm good for entry level staff. Whether you enjoy working here largely depends on if you like the people you work with. Good training is provided.
EY provides an excellent work culture, opportunities and advancement.
Human Resource Director (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 11, 2016
For 14 years EY provided me: meaningful work, excellent life work balance, a comprehensive benefits package and teaming. EY's leaders articulated a strategic vision for the employees. The Human Resources department was forward thinking and fast paced.
Pros
See above
Cons
High work demands at times
Best of Big 4 to start off career in IT Audit.
Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bengal, INSeptember 7, 2016
Great work culture, several opportunities to grow, good work life balance and decent compensation.
Just require the necessary certifications and hardwork to move up.
Company provides opportunity to learn and encourae to fun at work
Advanced Associate (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, INDSeptember 6, 2016
Along with hard work end of the day tries to accommodate with gifts and celebrations on occasions of every religion.
Good relationship co-workers and managers, could be free to consult counselors / managers on career and internal movement at work.
Guidance from seniors and mangers to grow well in company both official and personal.
Pros
gifts and celebrates all festivals and occasions
Cons
short breaks
Ok
Acting Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 6, 2016
Great exposure. Intelligent colleagues. Great clients. Tough to maintain work life balance. Competing priorities. Resourcing issues.
Great company
UI Designer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2016
Other than struggling to find a workspace everyday the company was a great experience to work at. I learned at great deal about the auditing process. The people I worked with were top notch. I would recommend this company to work at.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Finding workspace everyday
Best place to learn, but no advancement
State Legislative Executive Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 1, 2016
I LOVE EY, the benefits, the compensation, the environment, the Employee discount programs BUT upward mobility and growth was not a goal. I am still perplexed at how management did not seem to be interested in the growth of its employees. As it goes in most places EY promoted the favorites and other employees are left to fend for themselves. I was in the same position, doing the same work for 10 years and was told, this would not change. What is the purpose of goals? How do you set goals if you are told nothing about your job will be changing? I met some GREAT people! I LEARNED a TON, but that stopped. My co-workers were THE best! My best advice is to get a REAL, STRONG, well respected mentor who has clout. Once my mentor left, my career at EY was pretty much over.
Pros
Co-workers, corporate sponsored events, benefits, compensation, flexibility, Recognition Awards
Cons
Upward mobility, Disability Program
Prouctive and fun place to work
Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 30, 2016
As an intern at EY, I was responsible to help with auditing external companies. I worked on two client throughout my internship. Every day, I came helped with doing audits. Though the internship, I learned how to use many software applications, including excel, word & pdf.
Amazing company
Senior Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2016
Great company to work for and very flexible with employees. Growing business and loves to promote within, which is always a good characteristic. Amazing opportunity for anyone looking in this field.