1,172 reviews

EY United States Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Technology Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 16, 2015
People were smart and very driven. There were always new challenges which needed to be overcome. Everyone was very friendly and there was not real bureaucracy involved in making decisions
decent place to work... make sure your chargeable hours are up
Senior Consultant, Advisory (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 15, 2015
not for me, maybe its because it was my first time in consulting, but culture and work are not for me. so focused on chargeable hours and getting the product to the client that opportunities for learning take a back seat. people were nice but the work stinks
Great place to work and build upon your skills as you go
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 14, 2015
Ernst & Young has a great work environment. They encourage work life balance and promoting from within. Ernst & Young believe in the professional growth of their employees. They also encourage their employees to join affinity groups within the company as well as giving back to the community.
Great Company
Audit Manager (Former Employee), Stamford, CTApril 13, 2015
Ernst and Young is a terrific company that provides a clear path to promotions and career development. An outstanding company.
Progressive work environment with many professional opportunities to learn and grow
Director/Associate Director (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2015
I have had several promotions and lateral moves throughout my career at EY. I have worked on really interesting initiatives with very bright individuals. I feel very good about the significant contributions made by my team and me.
Great learning experience
Assurance Assistant/Staff (Current Employee), Redwood Shores, CAApril 9, 2015
Great working experience. Great opportunity to learn a lot. Get great opportunities to do unusual transactions such as IPOs and mergers.
Manager (Current Employee), San FranciscoApril 9, 2015
People are nice and very professional. No work life balance because of 100% travel and I think this is the hardest part of job. I like the projects and coworkers.
Okay company
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 7, 2015
good place to start career. do not stay forever. okay managers and pay. hours are longer than you wish. if you want a life, leave after 3 years.
Senior Consultant - EY
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), New YorkApril 6, 2015
Pros: Lunches and dinners paid if you are traveling
Cons: too much work and strss
A good company to work for if you are up for a lot of traveling. Work life balance varies from project to project sometimes it is hard sometimes it is manageable. Good incentives.
Very Busy work environment
Operations Coordinator - Human Resources (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 1, 2015
one day turn around is expected on all work
management is not helpful to team members
no room for advancement
no formal training for the job
E&Y communications activities
Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Work Culture
Cons: Opportunities for advancement
I am challenged every day by working on meaningful projects.I work in a number of interesting subject areas. The work culture is very positive. The pay and benefits are quite good.
Office Management
Hospitality & Workplace Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 21, 2015
Pros: multi-tasking, great pay and benefits
Cons: long work hours
Office Management, Inventory Control, File Maintenance, Mailroom Operations. Workstation Management. I loved working for the firm.
Productive, challenging, and fun place to work
Manager - M&A Tax (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
There was no typical day at work here which made it interesting. I learned about dedication, diligence, attention to detail, coaching, tax, mergers and acquisitions, running a deal, client service, camaraderie, and a lot about mistakes and what not to do. Management seemed disjointed and it was difficult to determine a clear path to progression and the rationale behind certain decisions in an economically uncertain time. My co-workers were the best part of the job and what made it an enjoyable learning experience. The hardest part of the job was seeing a number of people come and go, delegating and managing everyone's time given various projects and scheduling/budget constraints, understanding whether there were any other opportunities available within the firm, and understanding compensation/bonus/promotion/utilization metrics.
You will learn a lot
Tax Senior (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 14, 2015
You will meet a lot of great and intelligent people in EY! You will also learn a lot from your daily work. New challenges everyday and it is not going to be boring.
Supportive toward staff
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), chicago, IllinoisMarch 11, 2015
This company is a pretty easy going company. I enjoy how this company allows room to grow and offer supprt towards its staff members. I would work for this company again room for advancement
Global Brand, Marketing & Communications (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 11, 2015
Pros: flexible work arrangements, free lunch some times
Cons: not a lot of growth for eas
E&Y is a great place to work. I have worked here for more than 10 years and I am ready for a change. The management has been great. I don't have any issues with anyone. I have met and worked with some very nice people over the years.
A very supportive and structured place to work
Business Advisory Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 9, 2015
Pros: supportive environment, large brand name, some excellent managment
Cons: no bonus, potential long hours with little appreciation, dull repetitive engagments
This review is for the FSO Advisory practice only. EY is a great place to work if you enjoy the idea of working for a public accounting firm. That being said, there are lots of restrictions and check and balances on the clients you can work with and what types of engagements you can do on certain clients. Advancement is steady but usually somewhat slow. Even if you are a top performer there is a very structured advancement through the firm with little ability to advance any quicker than your peers. Also, regardless of how well you do as an analyst (staff - or your first 2 years) you are not eligible for a bonus. Your performance review/rating will influence your next year base salary % increase, however regardless of how hard you work or how well you do you will not be eligible to receive any bonus in your first two years. Knowing which groups have a good culture to work for as a Staff is essential as some will work you very hard and show little appreciation or reward you for high performance, while some do interesting work and create a culture that encourages high performance and staff involvement.
Assurance Staff (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 7, 2015
EY is: high growth, fast pace, learn a lot, good benefits, good people, audit, assurance, reputable. Good place to go if you don't really know what you want to do coming out of college.
Intern
Valuation and Business Modeling Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2015
Fun, fast paced and challenging. A job that was enjoyable and stimulating. Enjoyed my team and the skills I learned on the job
recruiting agency
Logistics Workshop Coordinator (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJFebruary 26, 2015
managed day to day administrative tasks
heavy phone volume
no growth potential
40 hour week, no OT required
located right in the heart of mid town

1 2 3 4 5

About EY

EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help – Read more

EY Salaries