Eye Care Specialists Employee Reviews

Negative culture/high school like cliques
Scribe (Former Employee) –  Kingston, PANovember 4, 2017
Very fast-paced environment; overall culture was negative as superiors/management did not have knowledge of job requirements. Lack of proper training for employees who were in direct contact with patients but had no prior medical training. Lack of training for EHR system. Most enjoyable part of job was being patient advocate.
Pros
Free lunches, but only at main office location
Cons
No recognition of exceeding job requirements
Amazing
Check In Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, PAJune 21, 2017
I absolutely loved working for this company! Everyone was so helpful and fun to be around. Working under amazing doctors really motivated me to be the best employee i possibly could be.
Enjoyable work place
OPTHALMIC TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 18, 2017
Workplace flexibility as well as providing me the time to succeed at work while fulfilling personal needs such as family obligations. I like the high volume clientele.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
busy practice and will meet lots of great co-workers
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, PAMarch 19, 2017
hectic practice..friendly co-workers. .Evening and Saturday workdays with no shift differential... discount on frames for employees and family.. meet all types of people and able to help choose frames to fit their personal style...
This job was perfect for me at the time in that I was allowed to work directly with the patients.
Director of Patient and Professional Relations (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJune 22, 2015
This was a great job and the people I worked with were awesome as well. I was responsible for all marketing materials and was encouraged to be creative in the development of such materials. I produced ads for television, billboards, newspapers, telephone books, and other media venues. I created the practice Christmas cards every year incorporating the practice logo creatively. I also assisted in developing the LASIK side of the practice by hosting LASIK seminars, speaking with patients interested in LASIK and being with them through the surgical process and during their recovery. I also visited other eye care physicians keeping them up-to-date on the latest advances in eye care and what our practice could do to assist them in their patient care.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Eye Care Specialists
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  RetinaJuly 18, 2014
Excellent company to work for. Very dedicated not only to its patients but to its employees as well.
Pros
Very professional and caring
Cons
Some long distance and early travel
Offers quick advancement within the practice
Admin Assist (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MaDecember 2, 2013
I'm loyal to the company I work for and take my job very seriously and as a result spent many years at Eye Care Specialists, P.C. Overall I learned the importance of a healthy work environment and how to effectively prioritize responsibilities. There truly is no "typical" day of work at this practice, you never know what to expect and need to be on your toes and ready for whatever is going to be thrown at you, whether in your "job description" or not. If considering working for this company it may be best to work out a contract upon hiring to set hours and location as these may change at any given time. There are good benefits such as dental and medical insurance as well as a retirement plan and paid vacation.
Pros
healthcare, free lunches
Cons
raises, inner office relations
Extremely busy place.
Regional Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Kingston, PAJune 29, 2013
I perform daily the accepted practice of MBWA (Management by Walking Around). I implemented goal-setting for all departments (first time for the company). I put in place a "training" function (also a first time venture) and put a training coordinator in charge of the function. Hardest part is breaking old habits among employees... most enjoyable was learning the medical aspect of the job.
Hardworking dedicated employees
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kingston, PANovember 20, 2012
We have a large ederly population I thoroughly enjoy working with this patient base, My co-workers are very hardworking individuals. The customer service at our practice is exceptionally. We go above and beyond for our patients. Management is very supportive. The employees enjoy our work day.
Pros
flexible work life balance
Cons
short lunch and lack of breaks
Nice Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, PAJune 28, 2012
A work day can be hectic but it makes the time go by fast. The hardest part of my job is working with the public when they become nasty with me when the problem is not my fault. The most enjoyable part is the feeling of family amongst the employees. I have learned a lot about ophthalmology and greatly appreciate that knowledge.