Eye Care Specialists Employee Reviews in United States

Eye Care Specialists
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  RetinaJuly 18, 2014
Excellent company to work for. Very dedicated not only to its patients but to its employees as well.
Pros
very professional and caring
Cons
some long distance and early travel
Offers quick advancement within the practice
Admin Assist (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MaDecember 2, 2013
I'm loyal to the company I work for and take my job very seriously and as a result spent many years at Eye Care Specialists, P.C. Overall I learned the importance of a healthy work environment and how to effectively prioritize responsibilities. There truly is no "typical" day of work at this practice, you never know what to expect and need to be on your toes and ready for whatever is going to be thrown at you, whether in your "job description" or not. If considering working for this company it may be best to work out a contract upon hiring to set hours and location as these may change at any given time. There are good benefits such as dental and medical insurance as well as a retirement plan and paid vacation.
Pros
healthcare, free lunches
Cons
raises, inner office relations
Extremely busy place.
Regional Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Kingston, PAJune 29, 2013
I perform daily the accepted practice of MBWA (Management by Walking Around). I implemented goal-setting for all departments (first time for the company). I put in place a "training" function (also a first time venture) and put a training coordinator in charge of the function. Hardest part is breaking old habits among employees... most enjoyable was learning the medical aspect of the job.
Hardworking dedicated employees
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kingston, PANovember 20, 2012
We have a large ederly population I thoroughly enjoy working with this patient base, My co-workers are very hardworking individuals. The customer service at our practice is exceptionally. We go above and beyond for our patients. Management is very supportive. The employees enjoy our work day.
Pros
flexible work life balance
Cons
short lunch and lack of breaks
Nice Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, PAJune 28, 2012
A work day can be hectic but it makes the time go by fast. The hardest part of my job is working with the public when they become nasty with me when the problem is not my fault. The most enjoyable part is the feeling of family amongst the employees. I have learned a lot about ophthalmology and greatly appreciate that knowledge.