Eye Mart Employee Reviews

Eye mart can be a great place to work, if your significant other has a job that offers good pay and benefits. Can be a very competitive work environm.
Optometric Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 10, 2017
I've worked for Eyemart going on 17 months. I enjoy my job and what I do. The ppl I work with are great for the most part too. There are a few ppl that are involved in workplace drama, but you're going to have that anywhere you go. That being said, the pay isn't the greatest. You start off at minimum wage. After you are trained you receive a monthly bonus. If you're in the lab or front desk, it's a pool bonus, which is usually around $100-$150. If you are out front on the sales floor you do have potential to make a little more money. The sales ppl make a monthly spiff that is commission based off your sales. It can be a very competitive environment, but for the most part a fun place to work. There isn't much room for advancement, and if you do get a chance to advance, the raises are an absolute joke. If I find something with better pay I will move on, like anyone would. If I'm being honest I will be sad to go, because my coworkers are amazing. They are the reason I've stayed as long as I have.
Pros
Good environment, paid sick & personal time after 6 months
Cons
Pay is low, open on Saturdays
Great place to work with people
Doctor's Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Streator, ILMay 2, 2017
Was a great place to work if you like working with and helping people. I thoroughly enjoyed being the Dr.'s Assistant to help with exams and also helping people choose the correct eye ware for them.
Typically a face paced environment
Optometric Assistant (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 21, 2017
There are some changes that could be made.
For instance, as much as some individuals work their tails off and are still making the same base pay as someone who does half or a quarter of the work. That shouldn't be an option. Pay should be according to performance.
Pros
Good discounts after 90 days of employment
Cons
Poor management
Fun workplace
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 5, 2017
Easy place to work. can be difficult to assemble frames and creating the lenses. very little customer interaction. great place to enjoy quality eye care.
One of the best jobs I have had
Optical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHOctober 27, 2016
At least at the location I worked at I worked with fantastic people. I had a great day at work nearly everyday and if it wasn't a good day it was rarely because of the people I worked with. I lost my position due to some personal reasons but if the situation was not as it is I would have continued to work there and see myself potentially trying to work up in the company. The managers there are real genuine people as opposed to the companies that do not care about you because you are replaceable. They take it upon themselves to make sure that each individual is happy and taken care of to the best of their abilities.
Pros
Free eye exams after 90 days. Bonuses. Family like environment.
Cons
Minimum wage. Saturdays are pretty much mandatory.
more like family
Retail Sales Associate/Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 17, 2014
the job was a positive environment, easy to learn new things, great incentives, co-workers were like family and fun to work with. stress free job.
Pros
wonderful managment
Cons
Had fun while i was learning
Optical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 25, 2013
Very friendly place to work. Only 7 employees and everyone got alone with each others. They only thing I didn't like about Eyemart was that we were open until 7:00pm.
Pros
Free training
Cons
closed within you year with no notice
lab technician, lens crafting
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 7, 2012
lens crafting requires patience and persistence. determination beyond the pressure of professionalism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eye Mart. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2