Eyemart Express Employee Reviews

Favortism is a large part of this workplace
Optician Retail (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMDecember 9, 2016
Favortism is a big role in this environment. Retail is treated terrible by the lab staff. Male staff is extremely favoritized in the work place. I would not work here again. The quality of the lenses and frames comes out terrible and the manager does not take responsibility for his work and rather dispenses it out to the customer.
Fun love what I did but not happy with the pay for what I did nor the management.
Optical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYOctober 7, 2016
All I can say is not a bad place to get your foot in the door for entry level optical work, but management is poor. Pay could be better for what you do.
Wonderful place to work
Lead Retail/Optician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 7, 2016
It was a great learning experience, and taught me a lot on how to be a great optician. I would work for this company again if offered, also great insurance.
Interesting field of occupation
RETAIL OPTICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 23, 2016
It was a great learning experience. A typical day consisted of helping customers find the right frames for them and their lifestyle.
Pros
free glasses
Cons
limited upward mobility
Poor pay
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVSeptember 23, 2016
Poor pay considering the work you provide and responsibilities no room for advancement. I'm one of the few hard workers but get paid the least
Pros
Off sundays
Cons
No pay
The absolute best place to work. The management is very personable and approachable.
Former General Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 20, 2016
I worked with Eyemart for 9 plus years. I honestly feel that I will never find an employer to feel their shoes. I was greatly appreciated and I was made aware of it, constantly.
Pros
Close network, CEO is a real person and sees the employees as people also, great culture, constant incentives, fun environment, values the ideas of the employees, great growth potential
Cons
Not enough locations in the pacific Northwest
comfortable and friendly work environment
Optical Technician (Former Employee) –  Greece, NYAugust 19, 2016
Help customer pick out frames and log all information into computer, manufacture lens by tracing frames to surfacing lens and finishing the lens by edging and coating them
Bottom of the totem pole optical company.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 4, 2016
If you are an hourly employee RUN. Every other company will pay you a minimum of $2 an hour more. If you are Management I am sorry. Eyemart is a non evolving company giving their employees archaic tools to do their jobs while charging the customers more then the competitor and justifying it by saying our prices are low because we offer 2 for 40 or 2 for 80. Yes if you want a pair of glasses that looks more like it belongs in a dollar store. Eyemart is still raising prices while everyone else is lowering prices.

Eyemart views their hourly employees as 100% expendable. If you work there for 6 years you will still only be making .50 cents more then a new hire. And they will make you believe that you should be grateful. Though it is probably impossible for an hourly employee to make more than 30k a year with an average being closer to 23k. Every single employee at home office makes well over 35k a year down to the lowest person.

Eyemart does NOT give annual raises to Managers.
Eyemart expres
Optician (Current Employee) –  Eyemart expressJuly 24, 2016
Eye mart is a highly busy optical company.
I love working with a very diverse kind of coworkers, and patients.
Pros
Benefits, incentives
Cons
Manager can at times show his favortism towards, others, can be hard to talk to. Inviroment strained due to these.
Good work enviornment
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 15, 2016
Good work environment and a good place to better knowledge on eye ware. Satisfactory of customer and providing a health work place for customers and employees in work environment.

Want to know more about Eyemart Express?

Ask a question
wilson eye center
Lead Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 14, 2016
I was a lab tech and would inspect all glasses that came through our lab. occasionally I would dispense them to patients.

management was great and co workers were very friendly
Pros
great co workers
Cons
n/a
Very nice work atmosphere and relaxed environment.
Director of Training and Development (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJuly 11, 2016
I had an opportunity to write, implement, and manage the best training program in optical retail. The co-workers were helpful and very pleasant.
Eyemart review, high retail optical chain
Optician (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA 93304June 30, 2016
Opening and closing procedures, alarm code holder
Doing inventory.

rx interpretation of optical prescriptions.
frame stylist
Lens recommondations due to lenses needed for each individuals
needs

Input data into computer accuratly and oftern
filing ,cleaning and organizing.
Ordering supplies
Pros
Working with lots of diffrent types of patients
Cons
Not enough time to take all mandatory break periods
Great company, so-so store
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 14, 2016
Eyemart Express was a good company to work for, as far as I can tell, but I'd have to mention the fact that I was hired to a position that din't even exist. I thought I would be a salesperson, but I ended up carrying the entire burden of dispensing, repairs, adjustments, phone calls, and greeting the customers. I didn't make commission since I didn't sell anything. Being 18 at the time, I didn't really care, since I just wanted money. However, the stress of the job was too much to handle as people in sales piled responsibilities on me. Lots of office politics.Oh, and I must mention that they didn't really train me at all. On the sort-of-brighter side, I was very surprised at how much business they got, so they had to be doing something right. There were a lot of incentives and competition within the company, too, which I liked. Overall, working for this company was a mixed bag.
Pros
long breaks, long shifts, plenty to do, regular schedule
Cons
stressful, tough customers, lack of training, schedule not flexible, office politics
Wonderful work environment
Optician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 25, 2016
Opened store. Made bank deposits. My biggest accomplishment was becoming CFI certified. Kyle the manager was great to work for. We all came together as a work family.
Lots of room for advancement and always new things to learn
RETAIL OPTICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 2, 2016
It was a great place to learn more about the eyeglass industry and about how the human eye really works. It allowed you the opportunity to advance at your current site or relocate to other sites across the U.S.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Base pay could have been a little better
Horrible mgmt.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 22, 2016
Worked here for a little less than 3 months. High employee turnover rate. Lunches were given half an hour before your end of shift. Constant schedule changes, sometimes the same day it would change to where you would have to stay hours after you were originally scheduled. The manger was blatantly racist. Coworkers were amazing but the manager was not a manager at all. I went on vacation of which was approved prior to being hired but while I was away Manager changed the schedule again and didn't inform me. I was written up for not showing up. Many patient and employee complaints to upper management went without any notice. Could be a great place but not with the current manager.
Pros
Located next to kohls!
Cons
Terrible management, way to many test/ quizzes that most have very little bearing on the job
Overall good group of people to work with
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  TXApril 19, 2016
If you need a job then definitely not the worse place to work.
Generally speaking not a career but a suitable stop gap.
When business slows down they may send you home early which can eat into a all ready lower tier paycheck.
In all truth fullness if you do not have a college degree, or a trade, or a verifiable skill and or a lengthy work history with experience than this is a great place to work and possibly hone skills useful for advancement within the company or another company in a related field.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Below average pay. Not the worse hours but still definitely retail hours.
Every day is something new
Customer service/Optician (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 5, 2016
I have learned so much about the optical world working for Eyemart Express but I have also learned how to communicate with people both over the phone and in person as well. My manager is very understanding when I need help with a problem and my coworkers are always willing to help me troubleshoot when I get stuck on something.
Fun place to work but can be stressful when it gets busy
Lsb Tech (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMarch 26, 2016
A typical day would usually run pretty smoothly as long as it didn't get too busy. There was a trainer there when I was hired so I learned a lot and perfected my technique easily. They went through three store managers in a years time and none of them could manage the store very well. My co-workers made it fun to go to work everyday, everyone worked well together. The hardest part of my job was trying to keep everyone to help clean the lab and keep it clean. The best part about my job was running a job from start to finish and knowing that I had made those glasses myself and that I was good and fast at it.
Pros
Long lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eyemart Express. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8