Eyemart Express Employee Reviews

Fast pace and fun
General Manager (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXOctober 10, 2017
Fast paced and the atmosphere in the store is good. Everyone works as a team. Managers always are available for information and answers to questions.
poor training with supervisor in another state
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 29, 2017
poor company to work for from this location. I'm sure if I was able to receive more training pertaining to a store this size I would have been even more successful
Pros
discounts and free pair yearly
Cons
no personal life allowed to balance work life
Great Job
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKSeptember 28, 2017
This job was my favorite job, very relaxed environment with tons of benefits. 30 minute lunches, PTO, insurance and, 401k. Some software learning but easy learning curve with slight repetitiveness.
Pros
401k and other benefits
Cons
Firm deadlines and slight repetitiveness
Loved it!
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WISeptember 27, 2017
The Lab Manager is awesome and amazing.
Nice glasses
Great discounts on frames, lens and contacts
Pot luck were awesome
Holiday party'gathering
Work games which you can win prizes
Reward free lunch when the work place is busy and nobody hasnt had a break
Pros
90 days free pair of glasses, family discounts, games to win prizes
very fast paced friendly
Optician (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 26, 2017
very busy establishment I love working faced pace makes the day go by hardest thing was a lot of awesome customers not enough employees hate when you feel like uyour being rushed but others are waiting
it is a job
Optician/ Lab Technician- Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 13, 2017
it is fast paced, and you have to be able to multitask. I have learned optics by working there. But it seems that performance is not a factor of promotions.
Good Place of Employment
OPTICIAN/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ashwaubenon, WISeptember 4, 2017
Working at Eyemart Express was unlike any job i've had in the past. It's a very fast paced line of work, requiring employees to stay on their toes. Communication with customers is crucial in explaining purchases, warranties, and turn-around times. All in all, Eyemart Express taught me a lot about customer service and the stresses of working in the Health Care system.
Pros
Fair Employee Discounts and wages
Cons
Breaks not guaranteed, employees not held to standard
Not a terrible place to work but could have definitely been better
Retail Supervisor/Store Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 3, 2017
Most of the time is was a slow paced environment but sometimes you would have an influx of people from the mall 'window shopping' . The store hours were awful because they were in the mall. The doctor left for the day at 6 so unfortunately if you were scheduled to close, you were bored to tears until 930 when the mall closed. You could clean the whole store and that usually only took you to 8 , leaving you with 90 minutes of boredom.
Pros
Were there any?
Cons
Terrible hours, bad pay, terrible benefits
Eye Mart
Optical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 1, 2017
Maintained a sanitary work area and manufactured high quality eye wear. It required customer service skills and the ability to work in face-paced environment.
Would be a great place but management is bad
Lead Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 30, 2017
Loved the fast paced environment but didn't like how the manager had their favorites,Will always bring in someone new to take the next open spot to advance but will still expect you to train them or to do their job for little pay.
Pros
Closed Sunday
Cons
Poor pay
Fun place to work
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 25, 2017
It was great experience . Loved working with all my co-workers. Getting to help customers pick out eyewear was so much fun. It did have its challenges, but all in all, great.
Poor benefits
Accomplished and energetic Optician (Former Employee) –  Boise, ID 83704July 19, 2017
The management, didn't keep their promise, and health and dental benefits are bad. otherwise it's a good company. Great, and hard working staff. Great lab, and lab manager.
Pros
Free Glasses
Cons
healthcare, too busy
They had no advancement for current employees
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Richland County, SCJune 22, 2017
They brought new people in to be placed above you on multiple occasions. They exspected me to treason them workout giving me a promotion but an annual raise that they were alway past due on.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
Stressful work environment with old equipment
eyemart
Sale Associate and lab tech (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 20, 2017
It was a great place to work if you can get used to the paced. i preferred to work in the lab, mostly because it was less mentally stressful and more hands on.
Boring and Stressful
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 15, 2017
Your coworkers are the only thing really getting you through the day. The general manager is great, but the company itself is awful. They expect you to have these amazing sales, but always have the lowest promotions going on making it very difficult some days to meet their standards. The customers don't make it much easier, if they don't like the set price of the products then they like to let you know that it's your fault and blame you for everything. Sometimes customers will call Home Office and then the higher ups make you give the customers who whine what they want and make you look like a joke for just doing and saying what you're suppose to.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Awful customers, long hours, no moving up
Loved the job, hated my lab supervisor
LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 11, 2017
The training was great, and the job was fun, and store management was great. However, lab management was not. He let personal beliefs influence how he treated those he worked with and I couldn't deal with it anymore.
Pros
my co-workers were fun, training was in-depth, store supervisor was awesome
Cons
sexism in the workplace due to lab supervisor, scheduling sucked (once again thanks lab super)
Productive and fast pace moving experience
Optical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJune 2, 2017
I enjoyed working at Eyemart Express. I enjoyed the fast pace experience. My team members and management were great and friendly people to work with.
Pros
Healthcare and other benefits
Cons
short breaks
Lots of downtime
Optician Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 26, 2017
A usual day consists of alot of downtime, usually resulting in utter and complete boredom. But as far as the work environment and the management they are good people but tensions rise with idle hands
good job first optical experience
Optician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 22, 2017
This was a good place to work as my first optical experience. The manager was very good at explaining the tricks of the trade and preparing me to work in the optical field. There was room for advancement but I had to quit before I had the chance to do so.
Uncomfortable place to work.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 21, 2017
A bunch of lazy employees, and no assistance when needed. Management is a joke, and treats you horrible. There is no raise, and no advancement. One of the most uncomfortable atmospheres to work in, and one of the worst experiences I have ever had with an employer.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Pay, management, fellow employees, no advancement, and atmosphere.