EYEMART EXPRESS

EYEMART EXPRESS Employer Reviews

Love This Company
Lab Technician & Retail Sales (Current Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: opportunities to win in big price drawings like $100 to $5000
Cons: have to have a licence to get ahead
I love this company. I have learned a lot from them. They do not put a lot of pressure on their employees. They have chemistry meeting where they feed you and you have a chance to win big.
Very people friendly placce, atmosphere is always great because of the employees, we take good care of our patients
Optician (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: commission
Cons: not knowing when you'll get a break because you get super busy
A typical day at work would include cleaning the store, filing patient files, making copies of prescriptions the patients bring us, helping them pick out the frames that correctly fit their face and their prescriptions as well, pulling the correct lenses and putting all of the patients information in the computer system and taking sales. My coworkers make the atmosphere great. They are very easy to work with! I've learned a lot about optometry since I started this job. The most enjoyable part of the job would be helping my patients. For example I had a patient come in last week and when she got her new prescription filled and put on those glasses she started crying. It warms my heart to know I can help these people in such a serious way. There's really nothing hard about my job. The hardest thing for me is probably when I do not know the answer to a question a patient will have, so I go ask my co-workers or manager to see if they know. Eyemart Express is a fabulous place to work!
Love my job but not the management.
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXNovember 1, 2014
Management is very petty and poor at coaching and feedback.
Retail
Assistant Retail Manager Optician (Former Employee), MontgomeryAugust 15, 2014
I loved working customer service just can not stand the retail hours. Enjoyed the feeling of helping others.
Fast paced, very productive, fun place to work
Salesmen, Optician (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARAugust 13, 2014
Pros: good benefits and job advancements
Cons: short breaks and constantly on feet. hardly any down time to catch up.
Usually always a customer or two waiting at the door before opening. It is a very fast paced and timing is critical on getting people their glasses within an hour to two hours. Had to know about which insurances we covered plus benefits. File them on line at check out and take full payment at time of services. Management was very helpful and seemed to care about employees and customers.
Co-workers were helpful to one another and not so cut throat like most jobs that pay commission. I really enjoyed this job. Had fun while working, But had a lot of grips from customers who did not want to follow rules and take their turn due to being in a hurry. The hardest part for me was it was so physical. Squatting up and down, on my feet constantly. I have fibromyalgia and it was very difficult for me. Was in so much pain would be hard for me to concentrate. So I had to quit.
A company with no direction and no integrity.
Laboratory Manager (Lab Manager) (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 17, 2014
Pros: free navy blue shirts.
Cons: lack of structure, benefits, training and compensation.
Eyemart Express is constantly trying to advance the brand, however this usually leaves the bottom players as you guessed it, the bottom. They require you to work overtime as a manager and only compensate you based on an archaic equation they undoubtably invented themselves to keep from paying you for your time. Turnover is an understatement, they should change the name to Revolving Door Optical. The employees they keep are often times conniving and underhanded or misguided and uneducated or a combination of both. The upper echelons keep an 'old boys club' about them and feign compassion with an "open door policy". Everything I know about optics I learned on my own and in a very abridged definition was I trained in any aspects of my job. The starting pay is legendarily low and the raises and chances for advancement are marginally slim. Bonuses are offered but reflect an associates ability to sell just the right package versus what the customer needs. Discipline in unheard of, there is no reeducation or hands on training, simply punishment. The hardest part of working at EME is the people you work with the District Managers are usually self serving and only available via phone or text. When problems are reported they become standoffish and childish. Its a fly by night kind of operation. The ground level associates are basal individuals hired because "we need a warm body" or "I'm going on vacation" or "i have a friend that needs a job" so basically they will hire anybody, except for felons. So if you dropped out of school in say the 8th grade they would hire you. Helping people – more... see is the only rewarding part of the job the HR rep said "making eyeglasses within tolerance" not ensuring customer satisfaction. And lastly lets talk about customer satisfaction. It doesn't exist unless the customer doesn't know any better or they are getting something for free. The Corporate customer care reps will always side with the customer especially the dumber ones. So the dumber you are the better you are treated. Its a little backwards. Free benefits if you're a manager except for the new hires, existing management received one time raises to cover costs per the AHA (aka "Obamacare") which can increase your salary substantially effecting your worth to the company. – less
This company was new to the area and had a high turnover rate
Greeted customers, and assist customer (Former Employee), Reynoldburg, OHJune 18, 2014
Pros: learning a new skill and trade
Cons: no advancement
On a daily basis I was responsible for greeting customers and assisting them the selection and sales of eyewear. I l how to use different optical instruments to measure eye pupils and accurately calculate the centering of the lens. I had four different managers during my time employed, the turn over rate for staff was always unstable. My co-workers was a team we all worked well together. the hardest part of the job was learning how to take eye measurement and learning the different insurance policy and guidelines. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers and making sure they were satisfied.
blessed to be have a job
Optical Technician (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 17, 2014
Pros: bonuses and allowing us to submit rewarding ideas.
I enjoy working with this company , seems to have professional structure and the concern for customer service
good work place
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Jackson, MSMay 30, 2014
all jobe have to be done in a hour its not hard we have fun
management is great everyone is great the hardest is to make sure we get the work done in an hour
Busy, Fun, Learning Experience
Lab Tech (Former Employee), Waco, TXApril 24, 2014
Pros: one free pair of eyeglasses per year, discounts on lenses, frames, and eye exams year round, family discounts as well
Cons: short breaks
As a lab tech you work on various types of heavy machinery in order to make the lenses have the customer's prescription. It seems like a lot at first but it is very interesting and once you get it down it's a bit like learning to ride a bicycle. Management was awesome, they felt more like friends as long as you perform your job correctly. The hardest part of the job was getting a pair of glasses circulated all the way through only to find out the prescription was wrong or the wrong lenses were pulled (we guaranteed one hour service so the pressure was on)
Great working enviroment
Lab Manager (Former Employee), Cordova, TNMarch 11, 2014
I really enjoyed making custom eyewear. This job gave me the chance to help train employees.
Most days were good.
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: a free pair of eye glasses
Cons: salary cap
Most days everyone got along which made life much easier.
I learned how to inspect eyeglasses and tint lenses.
I had done this kind of work before this job but I learned even more
when I started working for this company.
fun place to work and learn
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 25, 2014
This was a fun place to work and learn. The only problem with this place of employment was the compensation.
Great Place to learn new and great things! Will bost your computer tech experience times 100!
Tech Support/Help Desk (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TXJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: willingness to teach others
Cons: very low start out pay
I loved going to work everyday, and i loved the job i was doing and the responsibilities at hand. We worked a very organized/prioritized ticketing system, and taking requests anywhere from my printers not working to the "blue screen of death" has taken over my computer. THere not only did i learn no ways and shortcuts of trouble shooting but i learned the ins and outs of basic computer programming. Every one there were all highly intelligent in all aspects of the company, but like myself had their own unique subject in technology that they specialized. Some hardware, some coding and development, some telecommunications, and others networking. And i learned bits and peices of all worlds because they were so open and willing to train1 It was by far one of the best places i've ever worked. I would reccomend this to any entry level college grad!!
Okay job, until you find something better.
Lead Optician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: fun environment, not so pushy in meeting quotas
Cons: pay, commission, uniforms lol
This company was fun to work for. I was brought on because I was noticed by management. I liked working here, but I had a feeling that it wasn't right for me as a permanent position. The hours were great, but It didn't pay very well and the commission wasn't great either. When you're living on your own and have school and bills to pay, not getting paid for what you know your worth isn't enough.
Eyemart
Cetified Final Inspector (Current Employee), killeen, txJanuary 2, 2014
This place introduced me to a whole new world. A world filled with fun, knowledge, and good people. It was like leaving your family at home and going to the second part of your family. I loved everything about this job.
Not appreciated
Optical Retail Associate/Dispensing Optician (Current Employee), Store 1November 4, 2013
Pros: commission - although this is a joke, free vision and glasses once a year
Cons: rude customers, health care is a joke - it doesn't cover anything, no room for advancement, starting pay is 8/hr
Eyemart Express is a horrible place to work. We are always inefficiently staffed. Our customers are the cheapest of the cheap and unnecessarily rude. While the new "Eyemart Chemistry" asks employees to work together as a team to finish side projects, they often are a burden. The prizes are minimal. Customers feel the need to often berate employees and become highly irate when we have high customer volumes. Manager talks about employees behind their backs, often sits in office gossiping.
Fun Workplace with Great Customers
Optician/Cashier (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSSeptember 16, 2013
Cons: short breaks
I loved working at Eye Mart, it was very fast paced at times, helping customers to make sure they were completely satisfied with their purchase was my goal everyday!
Great Coworkers!
My favorite part of the day was when a customer came in to pick their glasses up and they were happy that they could see!
I think the hardest part working there was trying to work with a customer and trying to answer a phone that rang non stop, at times I felt like the customer would get aggravated because the Opticians would have to stop in the middle of explaining their prescription to answer the phone.
Fun workplace
Art Director (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TXJuly 29, 2013
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: little room for advancement
Eyemart Express provided a fun work environment but has little room for career growth or new opportunities.
Interesting place to work
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 29, 2013
Pros: incentives
Cons: hourly wages.
Eyemart is a great place to work. There is potential to advance up the ranks and it can be a career option. Their wasn't a hard part of the job for me, but my co-workers often complain about having to stand the entire shift. I would recommend this job to anyone who is looking for a starter job, because the pay isn't the best but you have the option for growth.

1 2 3