EZ PAWN Employee Reviews

Why I'd never recommend EZ Pawn Corp
Pawn Broker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2016
Horrible place to work. No appreciation for employees. No consideration for life outside of work Horrible work environment with disrespectful/ bigoted supervisors. No room for growth. Makes several promises, and don't keep them. NOT MATCHING THEIR 401K !!! ETC ETC ETC... Would never recommend this corporation to anyone.
Pros
some amazing coworkers
Cons
everything
Customer service that was always interesting, not always ideal to work with.
Sales & lending team member (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 21, 2016
My usual day at EZ pawn consists of either opening the store or coming in later in the afternoon and going through the closing procedures. We write loans based on the collateral given to the store. I often am dealing with difficult and angry customers, however, this is second nature to the job. I like my co- workers a lot. They are the main reason why I have only just started to try to find another job. The hardest part of the job is the constant changing of upper management members so instructions are extremely inconsistent. It is hard to stay positive on certain days when it is busy and you are spending hours dealing with rude and intoxicated clients all day long.
Pros
Loose work environment, work with a few friends.
Cons
Inconsistent management and confrontational behavior from customers on an every day basis
Interesting but can be stressful
Pawn Broker (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2016
You learn a lot about jewelry and almost any retail product available, which is fun and interesting. The customers tend to be generally annoyed, because of the reason they are there in the fist place. it gets old fast unless you are a super patent person. Decent pay and they tend to be lenient on things.
Bad upper management.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 16, 2016
Long hours, low pay and being understaffed makes this job that more enjoyable. (sarcasm) Co-workers were great and fun to be around. The job itself is not very hard just the upper management does not care about the well-being of their employees.
Company in growth
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMarch 16, 2016
Received and unloaded trucks with various tools and electrical equipment.Take inventory of all items from each truckload, label and appropriately with price and description and place on correct location .Made direct sales to clients.In conclusion a good company to learn different skills, however it turned into some kind of private club when it came to promotions and raises due to the fact that they end up promoting only people that promote is they're friends or people from a different gender.
Pros
Health insurance, paid vacations
Cons
NOT ENOUGH PAY AND ADVANCEMENT
Fun place to work.
PAWN BROKER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 7, 2016
I learned a lot working at this job. The managers were awesome, my coworkers were awesome as well. both the hardest and most enjoyable part of my job was my customers.. In the one year that I worked the I enjoyed everyday.
Good Company
Lead Pawnbroker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2016
A typical Day I Wrote thirteen-Hundred dollar loans I learned the pawn business.
My managers and coworkers were good.
The hardest part of the job was turning customers down.
Pros
Good communication
Cons
Bad area managers
Friendly and fun environment.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  9715 Beechnut st Houston, Tx 77036July 6, 2016
Upper management is very comprehensive. A lot of benefits and bonuses. Teamwork is always the promoted key to success.
Pros
gift cards
Cons
robberies, and shopliftings
Stressful
Sales Rep/Pawnbroker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 14, 2016
Ezpawn was at the time a stressful place to work at due to management not being consistent. Some days were fun and exciting, while most were stressful. The majority of co-workers were team players. The customers were the best part of the job.
Over all ok, but not for everyone
Lead pawnbroker (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXJanuary 6, 2016
The variety of work done and customers dealt with is very rewarding. The hardest part was also the customers, but you are trained to handle that once you get higher into management. Upper management doesn't seem to recognize the work of the normal employees but gives the credit to only the store manager.
Pros
20% discount
An endearing learning experience in all aspects
Inventory Specialist / Sales/Lending Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 18, 2015
Constant interaction and education on all fronts. Truly, a job for jacks of all trades, and not for the feint of heart. As warehouse overseer and troubleshooting every-man, I played an integral part in my company's daily function. Never have I met such an occupational challenge.
Pros
Fun coworkers/customers, commercial exposure, highly business-oriented
Cons
Both physically and mentally demanding, communication and internal heirarchy roadblocks
Good starter job
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXNovember 11, 2015
It was a very enjoyable job. I started there when I was 19 and left when I was 22. They company offers bonuses but they are almost impossible to get. There is really no room for advancement. You have to be friends with the boss in order to move up. Also, the management is very unpredictable. My store went through 3 store managers in the 3 years I was there. You have to have a good team on your side to successful in the company.
Pros
Pay, overtime, hour lunch breaks
Cons
No raises, lack of work and home balance, little recognition
Store Manager
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IA 50320April 5, 2016
I have worked for Ez pawn for 2 years they are very indecisive in what they want the management to do they don't take care of the team members
Great coworkers
Sells Lending Team Memeber (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 24, 2015
Ez Pawn is fun at times to work for. Everyday is not like the other. The people you work with on a daily bases becomes like family. The only draw back it that you have to deal with politics when it comes to management and the higher ups and out of touch on how its like to be in the stores and the IT support is very lacking.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Pay
store
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXNovember 5, 2015
I was first located at a store were they did not just feel like employees but also like family. This job was so rewarding and I had looked foward to going to work. Then i got a promotion and got moved to another store and the manager was so rude to the employees and ended up not calling me back on the weekend of my wedding!
ok
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 25, 2016
Good company to work for,pay is not all that great first pawn job i had manangement ok.Talking and dealing with customers is great and working with co workers was good also
Reasonable Workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 15, 2016
Ezpawn is a corporation who doesn't value its employees. I suggest this Establishment if you don't wish to be acknowledged for your hard work
Professional and motivating work environment
manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 20, 2015
Ez Pawn is a professional and motivating work place. The employees are knowledgable and helpful. I worked a full time schedule , from9am-7pm.
Fun place to work great people just way to stressful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 27, 2015
This company bought out my company back in February and my job has been stressful ever since. I love a challenge and to be worked but to work 60hours a week and on my days off I had to work it got tiring. I loved working with all the customers and working with such great employees.
Pros
dealing with customers, benefits
Cons
working everyday and no days off
Hard but fun if your quick paced
Sales and Lending Lead Member (Former Employee) –  Garden City, COAugust 21, 2015
Its all about learning. If you are a quick learner you should be fine. If not this probably isn't for you. Everyday you are doing something different. Dont be surprised if the rest of your team members don't work as hard as you...
Pros
Comission, Discounts
Cons
Demanding Higher Ups, No slack with a sick day