EZ PAWN Employee Reviews

Being a Pawnbroker is a great career choice
Customer Service Representative Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2017
You learn a lot about jewelry,electronics, tools and many other things very good company I enjoyed my time there love helping all my customers debating on going back in the future to the pawn business.
Pros
Always something different
Fun work environment
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2017
Had fun working at Ez pawn . A typical work day would include helping individuals get cash and selling great prices.Enjoy managing your own deals and helping others get the cash they need.
Pros
good deals
Cons
Dealing with a lot of people on a daily basis
Manager of the store (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 8, 2017
Typical day consisted of scheduling, manager of a 10 man crew.
Selling and buying of items.
Learned how to maintain and organize store by displaying merchandise and having the knowledge to know what the value of items in the store were worth. Did all bank deposits that would consist up to up $ 10,000 a day. Worked up to 60 hours a week.
The culture was diversified different people everyday trying to sell there items are pawn them for cash.
Did all the hiring and terminating of employees
What I loved most about this job was dealing with so many different people and not to be judge mental regarding anyone situation
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Worked on Salary
the hardest part of the job
CSR - Administrative Assistant/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2017
This company is at one point the hardest company I ever worked for most of the managers are racist, but I maintain, I worked long hours, and the pay was undercut most of the females didnt get paid like the men of the company , and the women worked as hard and long hours.
good job
Pawn Broker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 26, 2017
I worked for ezpawn for 7months and they where awesome people and supper easy. they have good benefits a little expensive but worth it. also the discounts aren't to bad 20%.
Awesome Company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAJuly 14, 2017
Very hands on job with tons on learning potential.
You will be greeting customers on a daily basis and fulfilling their needs to the best of your knowledge. Appraising and lending money on material items such as:Electronics, Firearms, Tools etc.
Pros
Awesome employee benefits and room for growth within the company
Cons
Dealing with rude customers
excellent jog
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 12, 2017
I liked working for the company just the people that come down from corporate are rude and if they don't like you they will replace you for no reason, the store I was at all of us trained are replacement even though they said that the people we trained were for other store they took are positions.
Ezpawn
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2017
While working at Ezpawn we served our local community with fast cash collateral lending, sales was apart of our day to day agenda setting goals for our store to execute revenue plans. Working for Ezpawn I learned to express superior customer service how to report financials also how to become a strong successful leader. Management was great we held management meetings to ensure that what opportunities were discovered was also corrected in financial planning.The work place culture was business friendly and supported team members with any innovated ideas to impact financial execution.
the most enjoyably part of the job was interacting with the customers to ensure we are here for their satisfaction.
Pros
Great Salary
Cons
Turnover
great
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2017
awesome place of work loved it. very quick passed. mornings and nights. its best if you do not have a family because it will get in the way with long hours.
Pros
lunch
Cons
time
Seeking a sales or management position where skills in leadership, strategic planning, and new business development will be fully utilized.
coach, train, and motivate retail sales team (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2017
I have many years management experience on retail., I work every hard and I always on time to work I never call in sick. I have excellent customer skill.Extensive PC and MAC experience
Expert knowledge in Internet web browsing
Advanced knowledge in Windows 2000, 98, NT, and XP
Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Word. Basic Knowledge in Excel, Power Point, and Web
Advanced knowledge in Intranet, Extranet, Kana Response and Prism. Typing ­average over
Shipping and Receiving Inventory P & L
Shady business
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COJune 11, 2017
Working for the pawn shop was one of the most Bittersweet experiences I've had on the one hand you learned a lot about every product offered to people on the other hand you were selling people's possessions.
Stressed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXJune 3, 2017
This is a high paced job, for people who are are single, and do not have any children. The company is very demanding, about what you will never be sure of what because there is a serious lack of consistency that starts at the corporate level. The company has not been promoting from within which shows lack of interest in enriching your employees.
Pros
Decent Pay and Good Benefits
Cons
No work life balance and you are just an expendable employee
Good teamwork
Pawn Broker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 22, 2017
You learned new skills but competition for sales to keep from getting a write up every month: Sales quota. Some sales taken from you to keep co-workers from getting a write up and I received a write up. Unfair sales distribution.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Unfairness
Great company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2017
a typical day at work was opening and follow the procedures of the day. I learned that integrity was very crucial at any job. The management was very helpful and motivated. the hardest part of the job was to deal with difficult customer at the time of explaining the reasons why the have lost their pawned items. i enjoyed cleaning and polishing the gold pieces.
Pros
great employees discounts
Cons
working every sunday
ok
certified lead Pawn Broker (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 29, 2017
cant seem to advance. pay is ok but not worth it when see other managers get paid more for nothing they do not even getting others to pull their wieaght.
Pros
base pay
Cons
extra work you put in and not apprecaited.
Manager had favorites!
Pawn Broker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 28, 2017
When i worked here the manager had her favorites and usually meant she didn't ever made them do anything, while the other workers had to do more to drag their weight. Also you have annual reviews you are supposed to get to determine your raise but manager never does them, meaning you never get a raise, or at least its really hard to. Human resources also doesn't help much with any problems you have.
Not for long term
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2017
So easy to get burnt down. Make sure you choose a good environment. You will get more rude customers than nice ones. You just have to learn to brush it off and not let it bother you.
Good experience
Asst.manager (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXApril 24, 2017
I'm a very responsible person like to manage employees.and also be very outgoing person and have good communication with employees and also with customer. Be on time at work.
Pros
Work with people
N/a
Sales and Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2017
Must do loans and sales. Maintain clean sales floor. Usually always busy. Need to know how to talk to people as some can get easily offend at the amount you offer on a loan.
Productive company
Lead Pawnbroker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2017
The company is a very good company to work for there very helpful. You can move up very fast in this company if u do what is needed. This is the job for you if you a people person
Pros
Pay
Cons
Attitudes