EZCORP Employee Reviews

Fast-Paced Environment / Struggle to balance work & home
General Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 13, 2017
As a store manager I am required to work no less then 48 hour per week on a set salary; usually anywhere from 10-12 hours a day (5-6 days a week). The pay is good, but not in comparison to the time / work put my into my everyday working routine. The best part of working this employer is the benefits; medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, etc... However, the best perk is the deals / discounts we get on everyday retail items. I love what I do but as a mother; the long hours and stress full days are starting to wear on me and my family. Overall this is a great employer, with plenty of room for advancement.
EZ Corp
CJP Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2017
Several Layoffs & changing of several CEO's and upper management really put a lot of stress on the employees that remained because of no real work culture changes, including communication, no recognition, job titles wrong, pay was lagging.
Pros
Easy to go to another employer with the type of occupation
Cons
CEO changes, Regulations cause instability, No recognitions
Fun and great service
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 4, 2017
Interesting place to work...
You meet all kind of people and you learn from them.
You also learn from each item they bring
Get to know each customer and provide the best of your
Service, leave the customer satisfied and seeing back...
Poor management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 28, 2017
Company directives are counter productive to success of the business. There is typically a lack of responsibility trickling down from all levels of management. The training process can be described as abysmal to nonexistent. Company directives directly conflict with the fundamental principles that create a successful work environment and thusly a profitablity.
The ability to adapt is taken forgranted here.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2017
Pros:
You have access to all the best electronics, jewelry, and sometimes clothing at huge discounts. You learn what your stuff is truly worth outside of retail. Customers keep your days interesting.

Cons: This company is a sinking ship. I worked there for SIX years and all the good people have either been terminated or quit. They no longer train. Mistakes are heavily made and ignorance is grounds for termination. Marketing is a day and a dollar short in a last ditch effort to drive up profit margins in order to please shareholders. Your job is literally to rip off people to benefit the company. You are the devil's right hand. This company is making cuts, titles are being removed in order to cut wages. So there is no job security. You are literally just a number.
This company was very productive and made sure the employees has proper training and resources to do their job.
COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 16, 2017
I learned several things while working at this establishment. I learned how to work with several different systems in regards to collections and customer service. This employer also provided a safe work environment. The most enjoyable part at this job was conversing and working with the customers and assisting them with whatever their needs were at that time.
Pros
They valued their employees opinions and feeback.
Cons
Short Breaks
Job is fine and all employees are chill but Management gets away with a lot of stuff they should not be getting away with.
Certified Pawnbroker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2017
Very repetitive work but having a hard working crew who is also fun to work makes it worth it.
Learning a lot about testing and appraising Gold,Silver,Platinum,and Diamonds. Gaining vast product knowledge.
Hardest part of the job is staying 2-4 hours late to clean and organize a store for a corporate visit and corporate never shows up.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being with an awesome crew.
Terrible Company
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 9, 2017
Management is all about favoritism and who they like racially and sexually. Once on board they are VERY open about this claiming "work husbands" and "work wives".

They will pay you the lowest of market value and expect superior work in return. Zero advancement opportunity, or job security.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else
Poor Management
Tier 1 Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Rollingwood, TXMay 19, 2017
Poor training. no chance for advancement. typical day is bad network connection. miscommunication. no accountability. no diversity. low moral. unfair policies.
Pros
a pay check and benefits
Cons
Poor training. Poor Management
Great Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLMay 8, 2017
Great Company, focus on different task to make plans and achieve goals, great work culture, very friendly atmosphere.
Ez corp its committed to fulfill customers and employees needs.
fun workplace
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2017
EZ CORP has very nice people who like to help. but very poor on time skills. the management is good as well they help and communicate very well. i would tell people its a good place to work
Challenging but good
Sr. Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2017
This job was challenging, great people work for this company. I love the flexibility and autonomy I had. Weak culture, people didn't feel proud to work here and that is always a challenge.
Pros
flexible
Cons
weak culture
Greedy
mgr (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 23, 2017
If you want a life don't work for this company. You will suffer in the long run I can assure you. You will get sucked in then spit out and then you will see you have nothing in your bank account for all the work you have done. The end.
Pros
insurance
Cons
zero
It was a good challenge
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78744March 20, 2017
My daily responsibility as a Collector was to making out bound calls to our customers requesting to pay off personal loans. I would also be trying to meet a monthly goal as to how much money to bring in a month.
It can be ok
Lead Generation (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 17, 2017
As a Lead Gen rep I loved my job. The pay was on the lower end, but I enjoyed doing my job.As a collection rep, their goals were not reasonable & they did not give you the tools to reach them
Loved Working Here
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 8, 2017
This is one of the best places I've worked in a long time. The management was flexible and understanding. The only reason I left was for something closer to home and my kids' schools.
Pros
great pay great benefits great management
Cons
Traffic getting to and from work
Ok place to work
Financial Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 4, 2017
Not any room for advancement, they dont mke their employees feel vauled and the work is repetative the employees are great its the big wigs that are so plesant work/life balance not for someone with a family
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Doesnt vaule employees
No direction
Business Operations Manager (Chicago) (Former Employee) –  Stone Park, ILFebruary 3, 2017
No work/ Life balance which led to high turn over.
Compensation/Benefits changed yearly poor upper management.
limited job security and no advancement.
Management was never consistant.
Pros
None to report
Cons
low morale
Potential is there
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 27, 2017
With a large company it all depends on the area manager for your region to set the tone. It all depends. The best area managers know how to motivate their teams, the worst area managers...well you get the point.
Pros
the pay, coworkers
Cons
hours get cut to meet budget
Customer Service
PawnBroker (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2017
The company of mcdonalds is a interesting company, you learn so much and it teaches alot of customer service. Typical day would be greeting customers and taking orders.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EZCORP. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9