F&M MAFCO

F&M MAFCO Employer Reviews

Recommend Employment
Service and Repair Technician (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 9, 2014
Pros: family friendly, open door policy (real), periodic free lunches, location, work schedule, opportunity
Cons: no 401k match, wage stagnation (economy?)
As an Equipment Mechanic the work schedule is normal 8-5 with opportunity for overtime depending on your flexibility and drive. Benefits are decent, good health insurance/dental, good vacay/pto time and policies. Also experienced/witnessed flexibility with short term disability, workers compensation. Does lack 401k match, really miss that, though I think will be corrected. Job security is good for most though they did suffer from some layoffs/severances recently, but definitely not the norm. Advancement is also there varying from one position to the other, as usual this is left up to the individual. Management is concerned and engaged but gives the appearance of being hands off at times. The work environment is mostly relaxed and comfortable, some company politics/gossip.The culture is mostly positive and comfortable though gripes about competitive pay in the skilled labor positions are common. Most are payed competitively, but new/recent hires may be waiting to catch up to the industry.
The Best Company I have ever worked for!
Employee (Current Employee), Harrison, OhAugust 14, 2012
Pros: employee recognition, friendly employees, company growth, owners who appreciate employees & tell them.
Cons: currently no match on 401k, & sometimes overwhelmed with the amount of work. i guess that is a good thing;, better to have too much work to do than not enough.
If you are looking to join a company that treats you like family, F&M Mafco is the place for you. I have worked for many companies and F&M Mafco is the very best! The owners are honest with a high level of integrity who want the best for employees and the company. Please do not listen to bad reviews of this company. If you want to know the truth, I urge you to speak with a current employee or the Human Resource Department and decide for yourself. We are not a perfect company and have issues like any other, but one thing this company not is racist or dishonest.
The Best Company I have ever worked for!
Employee (Current Employee), Harrison, OhAugust 14, 2012
dont waste your time at a place like this unless its temporary
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Harrison, OHJuly 23, 2012
Pros: good coworkers, ok pay before cuts, occasional free lunch for lost time off
Cons: no breaks, bad management, pay cuts.
the warehouse has had so many different managers, warehouse is constantly fighting with sales and vice versa. pay was frozen several years ago and we had to take pay cuts. this is the most racist company i have ever worked for, they have over 200 employees and no minoritys at the time I worked there. no job security

August 3, 2012

F&M Mafco appreciates constructive feedback, be it good or bad. Clearly we cannot address a problem or concern unless we know about it. Being a family-owned business, we take much pride in our employees and the excellent reputation that we have built over the past 67 years. We are committed to doing things right and treating our employees fairly, while maintaining a positive and productive workplace. As a result, when concerns or accusations contrary to our core values and beliefs are brought to our attention, they are taken very seriously. Thus, it is with confidence that we state that we have never received a complaint or observed actions that imply discriminatory behavior or practices within our workplace. Such actions or violations would not be tolerated and would be promptly addressed. With regard to wages & benefits, our organization has not been immune from the negative effects of the recession. Throughout this challenging time, we have stayed committed as a team, to implementing cost cutting initiatives with the goal of retaining our workforce, rather than resorting to significant layoffs. Such measures did include pay freezes and a temporary 5% pay cut, but as we rebounded, most of these initiatives have been uplifted and pay has been reinstated. At this juncture, we recognize that it will take some time to regain some of the ground lost, but the outlook going forward is very encouraging. Our sales are on the rise and we are expanding our operations and locations. Most impressive, though, is the resilience and continued commitment of our employees, who recently voted F&M Mafco as one of the top Cincinnati Employers to work for in 2012. You really couldn’t ask for a better group of co-workers. For those working here with long tenure, or others for which this is a temporary stop along the way, you will forever be a part of the F&M Mafco family.

No communication from management
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee), Harrison OhioAugust 31, 2011
Cons: they follow you with cameras
Privately owned business where company heads do not know what is going on at the floor level. Many issues among employees with many years of service. Pay is poor and will remain that way until positive research is completed on industry standards.

About F&M MAFCO

F&M Mafco is a diversified, growing, family owned company founded in 1946 by the Friedmann and McKenna families. F&M Mafco – Read more

F&M MAFCO Photos