F&M Trust Employee Reviews

It was great at first...
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PASeptember 1, 2017
I absolutely loved my role as a teller for the first few months. I was given a great team and awesome managers who were so willing to work with me and help me. After those few months, reality set it. The manager and CSR would sit in their office for hours on end talking about us other employees & customers. Sometimes not even ten feet from the customers they were talking about! I felt like when I addressed some issues, thats when things got worse. Eventually got sick of it, and left. You have to have extremely thick skin or some pretty great patience to work here.
Disappointed in many ways
Teller (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJune 27, 2017
The first few months at F&M Trust were wonderful. I enjoyed going to work everyday. But, that quickly changed after just a few short months. It did not take long for everyone's true colors to show. Turn over rate at F&M is awful and for the longest time I couldn't understand why. About two months in I started realizing it's was all about who you know at this place. My manger and csr would spend countless hours in their office talking and gossiping about everything other than banking. Favoritism was a huge issue at my branch. The csr and manger favorited certain people over others and let certain coworkers get away with anything. For being mangers they sure did not always act like it. Both the manger and csr did not deal with confrontation from upset customers well at all which often left the tellers to deal with it when it was their responsiablity to handle it. I also felt it was highly unprofessional that the manger, csr, and certain employees would go to the gas station across the street and to the fast food restaurant across the street for snacks while on the clock at F&M. Current employees that are at the branch I use to work at text me telling me the csr and manger talk bad about me in their offices together daily and talk bad about me to customers at F&M that know me. I left on good terms so I never imagined in a million years that this would be the case. I am so disappointed in my expierence with F&M and how unprofessional they have been towards me since I left. I would not recommend this place to anyone in all honesty.
Pros
The health insurance is better good
Cons
Unprofessional, lacks management, horrible turn over rate, and the dental plan is horrible.
It's all about who likes you
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 24, 2017
While I worked there quite some time, it took a while to see the true colors of this place. I had seen tellers come and go with plenty of potential with No opportunity to advance, while other undeserving employees were given chance after chance. It's all about who you know and who likes you in this organization. One person can do something that's policy or procedure, and it's completely fine; however other people can do the same thing and it's overlooked because they are well liked. I have seen upper management pick choose their favorites, and it's okay. Some managers of offices can just disregard teaching or coaching their employees all together. Then when those employees happen to have an incident it only falls on that employee, not the situations leading up to it. It's one of the most petty environments I've ever encountered. The benefits were amazing, and time off was great, but leaving that place was the best thing for me.
Pros
PTO Benefits wages
Cons
Hostile work environment, favortism, management
Opportunity for growth
Teller I (Current Employee) –  McCOvnnellsburgApril 21, 2017
F&M offers excellent benefits to employees but it is not a place to work if you do not like to be pushed to your limits or do not like to meet constant changing demands. You are on your feet all day and sometimes with no breaks.
Disappointed in the direction this company is headed.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg AreaMay 3, 2015
I have worked for this company for many years and I have seen great employees who were successful in their positions be treated very unfairly if they ever chose to voice their opinion if it varied from management's. They become singled out and forced to "resign" or they are moved to a different position or office with no warning or coaching. Environment is becoming more sales driven and high results are expected, yet they continue to close offices and cut positions creating longer wait times for customers. I do not recommend this company because there is not a lot of job security.
Pros
Good benefits package
Cons
Lack of management support
Great Company
Bank Teller (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Greencastle, PASeptember 25, 2014
Great company. Long hours. Good pay. Great coworkers. Job security is not very good. High standards. Strict dress code.
Pros
company, pay, coworkers
Cons
standards, dress code, job security
Teller (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg,PaOctober 15, 2013
Loved working with people, doing transactions, opening/closing accounts. Manager and co workers are great to work with.
Great place
Loan Adjustor II (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMarch 5, 2013
I enjoy working with F&M Trust the people are kind and its my home away from home
You're treated like family at F&M Trust
HR (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAFebruary 21, 2013
There is a very special culture at this bank with a sincere focus on its employees, customers and shareholders within the community. There is ample opportunity to become involved with the direction of the company and contribute to its success. Senior Management is accessible and listens to employee concerns and suggestions. The strong values and conservative nature of management has helped contribute to F&M Trust's independence as a community bank.
Pros
best places to work in pa, worksite wellness programs, employee recognition events, training and development programs, employee satisfaction, family atmosphere, benefits package, open communication
Cons
the challenging nature of the banking industry...there are many regulations and changes as a result
One of the Best Places to Work
Training & Development Officer (Current Employee) –  Memorial SquareFebruary 19, 2013
F&M Trust cares about its customers and its employees alike. At the core of the institution's culture is its strong philosophy and approach of relationship management, in which every stakeholder's interests are valued and considered. The President/CEO and Management Group are approachable and clearly want the best for its customers, employees, and shareholders. As a banker who has worked for other financial institutions in the past, I would not choose to work for any other bank in the area. There is no question as to why F&M Trust is one of the Best Places to Work in PA!
Pros
employee recognition, birthday luncheons with the president, great benefits, wellness initiatives, community bank with local decision-making, gives back to the community in which it serves, opportunities for development and advancement
Awesome Manager and Great Place to Work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  ChambersburgDecember 14, 2012
They aren't ranked as a top 15 best place to work in PA for no reason. Year and year again they strive to stay on the elite list and manage to always do it. This is my second go around with this company and coming back was the best career decision I've ever made.
Pros
employee recognition, awesome benefits, tons of holidays, they care
Cons
none come to mind

Ask a question about working or interviewing at F&M Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

F&M Trust Reviews by Location