F&P AMERICA

F&P AMERICA Employer Reviews

Hard fast paced work, worth the effort
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), Troy, OHJuly 7, 2014
Heavy lifting and hot conditions are typically the norm, but the people and pay more than make up for it.
Factory job.
Temp (Former Employee), Troy, OHMarch 20, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: terribly hot inside and some people that lack decency.
Moved parts from a line into a box. Fairly physically demanding work but nonetheless it was an experiential time.
fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Troy, OHJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
loved the job I enjoyed always having something to do loved running a machine and enjoyed the people their
Busy environment great place to work.
SMALL PARTS OPERATOR (Former Employee), OhioSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: great staff, great compensation
While at F&P America my job was to load and unload the paint-line with smalls parts. The smalls parts belong to larger pieces of cars.
fast paced, very professional and safe
Temp. through Staffmark (Former Employee), Troy, OHAugust 9, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: temporary
learned to work presses to make subframes for vehicles. assembly work mostly. did daily stretches to avoid body from breaking down. fellow employees were friendly and supportive along with the management.
Fast paced workplace that uses a lot of temp associates
Machine welder (Former Employee), Troy, OHJanuary 30, 2013
I worked as a temporary associate, worked 5:30 AM to 4 PM Monday through Saturday. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the metal burning my hands through the gloves.
training
Prime,Pallitizer (Former Employee), Troy, OHJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: bring my own lunch, free equipment
Cons: short breaks, no customers
It was a long, hard, and tough day.
learned how to drive a forklift.
learned how to change the coil to the dye.
I used good time management to take good breaks.
the hardest part of the job was operating the crane.
The most enjoyable part was knowing i was getting the job done right.
Excessive overtime!!
Associate (Current Employee), Troy, OhioOctober 12, 2012
Pros: good pay and benefits for a factory job
Cons: too much overtime!!! also, terrible management.
I've worked here for almost 6 years now. It is one of the highest paying factory jobs in town, so a lot of people are trying to get in there. I'll admit, the benefits and pay are good, but you'll never get one minute to yourself.

The overtime here is ridiculous. I suppose if you like overtime, that's a good thing, but most people want time to, you – more... know, spend time with their families and other trivial stuff. It's not unusual to be on 6 days a week for months on end. A few years ago, our department had some ridiculous numbers to make, and we could leave until we finished them. Our equipment constantly broke down and management was too cheap to get it permanently fixed, so this took us a very long time. We ended up being there AT LEAST 10 hours every weeknight, plus Saturday, AND one person had to come in Sunday to get the line ready. I did plenty of 80 hour weeks in there, and there was no way to get out of it.

In most cases, this could easily be taken care of by hiring more employees, but management won't do it for some reason. Our department has been running short-handed all year, which is probably why we are doing so much overtime. Because management is too cheap to hire another person; they'd rather bleed their current employees dry.

I understand that overtime is mandatory once in a while, and I don't mind it as long as it's not excessive. But most of our overtime occurs because management messes up some numbers, then we have to rush to get all the parts done in time. Or sometimes, we have plenty of parts, but they have us run extra for no apparent reason. Who knows? Management won't discuss any problems with employees. If it ever sounds like we're complaining, the response we get is "if you don't like it here, there are other jobs out there."

Also, keep in mind that while the pay is good, we haven't had a raise in 3 years. They always freeze any pay raises during hard times. But they froze them during the 2008 financial crisis, and they STILL haven't unfrozen them, even though the business has MORE than recovered from that. They just told us in a general meeting the other day that we are making record profits and have plans to expand the whole plant to take on more business. But still, no raise for the regular employees.

I understand that most people looking for work here need the money and have no choice, but I would strongly suggest that you look elsewhere first. Unless you enjoy working every Saturday, you won't like it here. – less
A jobs a job.
Welder/Assembly (Former Employee), Troy, OHJuly 12, 2012
Pros: overtime
Cons: short brakes
It wasn't something you'd want to do forever but it was a good job you could get overtime all the time which helped out alot, its very hot and you dont get long breaks so I ended up eating less and sweating more I lost 50 Pounds working there.
Laborer (Former Employee), Troy, OHJuly 6, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: being a assembly line
I was a welder and a forklift driver here. I would deliver materials to lines that they run out of. I also had to back trailers in docks to get some materials. As a welder I would fix holes that blew through on from the weld robots. Over all good place to work a lot of the people were team players but had some that weren't.
Did not like the job.
Operator/Assembler/Welder/Temp (Former Employee), Troy, OHMay 21, 2012
Out of all the previous jobs I had, this was my worst job. I did not have a personal life outside of this job. The supervisors did not seem to care about their employees, but instead of just hitting numbers. I was let go because I suffered a injury while on the clock.
I was with a temp agency; enjoyed my job; during the hardship Japan went through, F&P had to lay folks off.
Unknown (Former Employee), Troy, OHJanuary 27, 2012
Pros: good people to work for/with; good pay, good environment
Cons: communication, on job training could improve
Once they began rehiring, I was called back.

However, due to a trip to urgent care, my call in to them was an hour after my start time. So was told via a phone call not to come back. Never had the opportunity to find out if this was the only reason for letting me go.