f.y.e Employee Reviews

Fun music involved workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAOctober 14, 2017
The vibe being at the store was very fun, there was always music playing or a movie playing. The store usually wasn't too busy and there were only a few employees there at a time.
Pros
First dibs on new products
Cons
Short breaks
Good if you're a sales associate in school, don't go into management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  OklahomaOctober 13, 2017
Corporate expects too much from management, with too little hours and almost always being short staffed. Almost impossible to move up the management chain. Rearranging the store every single week along with countless other responsibilities becomes difficult to keep up with. The people I work with are pretty cool, except for upper management. The employee discount is also pretty nice and we carry some neat stuff.
Pros
Employee discount, nice people
Cons
Short breaks, upper management unwilling to listen, not many hours
It was fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAOctober 12, 2017
Great starting job it helped me gain experience with customer service as well as becoming a better sales associate it was one of my favorite jobs and very enjoyable
Pros
The job itself
Cons
fun and interesting place to work
Full-Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2017
the store manager is fair with personal life, and very understanding. However long retail hours but it's a fun and interesting place to work. It is located in the mall and has a great atmosphere.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
long retail hours
Only real downside was the pay
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYOctober 9, 2017
Minimum wage is no fun, but the job itself was fun. It was nice to interact with customers. It was nice to see how happy people were to get the latest albums of their favorite bands etc. All in all I would definitely work here again. Management was also nice and professional.
Pros
everything
Cons
pay
As fun of a retail job as you can have
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Frackville, PAOctober 7, 2017
Generally ran the register and assisted customers as needed. Helped to put away product as it came into the store. Occasionally set up planograms and filled them with product.

Primarily sold music and dvds along with some other fan product such as blankets and t-shirts. Relating and helping customers find what they're looking for was satisfying. Most anyone has a fandom they follow or band they adore, making people happy by helping them find what they're looking for was really nice.
Pros
mainly dealt in movies and music
Cons
bad pay
Productive and fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDOctober 6, 2017
Great chance to gain experience in sales and customer service. Interact with several people on a daily basis. Chance to learn from experienced supervisors.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Loss prevention
A very great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 1, 2017
I loved working here. The management and other employees were great and the customers were great. It was a very great atmosphere to work in.

If you love music,then I highly recommend working here. Great management and really good vibes.
Pros
Being surrounded by music al the time.
Cons
none at all
Fun and exciting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYSeptember 28, 2017
It was a fun job but sometimes it got slow. The tasks were pretty easy, and sharing my expertise with customers was one of my favorite things to do. Pay was good, breaks were a little short. Overall good experience
Pros
Fun, simple, great customers and managers
Cons
Short breaks, slow at times
fun place if you like movies and music
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 9, 2017
wonderful place for movie/music lovers its in the mall so hours are from open to close nice discounts for employees Sundays are slow Saturdays are packed
Fast paced envionment. Excellent customer service skills needed
Retail Store Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, OHSeptember 6, 2017
Provide excellent customer service to all shoppers. Keep the store clean and organized at all times. Be knowledgeable about promotions and products. Responsible for being a cashier and recommending additional add on sale items to customers.
Overworked and understaffed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VASeptember 4, 2017
Consistent overworking of managers. Constant cutting of hours while adding more workload. Outrageous sales expectations of low paid workers. Mismanagement from the top.
Pros
Cool place to work
Cons
Everything else
Fye
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYAugust 30, 2017
This was my favorite job of all time because when I worked there you still sold cassette tapes and talked about music all day. Now they sell mostly trend items and are trying not to go out of business.
Pros
Discounts and a great work environment
Cons
No health care or insurances.
Very fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAAugust 30, 2017
The work atmosphere was perfect! My manager was absolutely amazing and understanding. We had daily quotes we had to meet and competition between coworkers was healthy! I loved working for FYE and I would definitely work here again.
Pros
Discounts and Friendships
Cons
$9 is the highest pay.
Great work place, great people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 28, 2017
Working at FYE was a lot of fun for me. I really bonded with everyone that worked there and we got to do a lot of cool things. When I was working there I got to work the Fort Rock Music Fest and meet all kinds of famous people. It was a really good experience. Management is the best
Cons
fun, exciting, and great staff
Sales (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHAugust 21, 2017
when i worked for FYE, the pay was low, but the work was fun! I enjoyed every minute of it. I was hired on as a seasonal part time, but was quickly moved to full time. The staff was friendly and was very knowledgeable of our product, and always helped every customer that came into the door. If the pay was higher, i would still be working there. Great job for someone who is in college.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
sometimes have to work late
Fast paced job that requires competitive spirit
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time at FYE. It's definitely a job where you'll get out of it what you put into it. You need to be self motivated and have the ability to train and inspire your associates. If you like to take the easy way out or make excuses for short comings this is not the job for you.
Pros
Great benefits, competitive pay
Cons
Work/life balance
N/a
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 16, 2017
Horrible horrible company to work for. Nothing but poor management all of the workers hate upper management. I would never recommend this company to anyone.
It's a job for kids in school looking to work part time.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAAugust 12, 2017
Not a great place to work. Just something for part timers in school or seasonal job. It's a bit demanding you're on you're feet the whole time things constantly got changed in the store. You would have to sell add on to customer. And if you didnt know how to sweet talk them they would get annoyed with you. So don't look at this job for anything permanent.
Seasonal
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAAugust 11, 2017
I enjoyed working there. The hours were fair. I enjoyed helping customers find music selections. I was fortunate To meet publicist for music artist . I was also able To help decorate the store with a new album release. The company was very professional I had no complaints. It didn't feel so much like a Job it was a second home I felt good coming to work. Unfortunately the store went out of business.
Pros
Free promotional cds
Cons
Seasonal position