F5 Networks Employee Reviews

Good Company and Co-workers
Manufacturing Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 17, 2018
I was an intern at F5 networks. The company has very supportive management and co-workers. Love the company culture. Good benefits. Would love to go back one day.
Great place and I loved to work there
SR. ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (Former Employee) –  Seattle WAJanuary 3, 2018
I still love to work F5 but so enough politics around and unfair treatments would shocked me. Also my particular department, there are no job advance opportunities. It was hard decision but I decide to move another avenue.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Employees became their liablitiy than assets.
tech has pass them by
Customer Success Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 21, 2017
Lack of leadership permeates this 20 year old company with ten year old hardware based technology that desperately needs updating to cloud. A lot of management turmoil and employee turnover has happened in the last year, making it difficult to get consistent or sometimes any direction.
Pros
work life balance is not bad
Cons
very confusing and leaderless management style
fancy buildings, latest technology
Paralegal Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 11, 2017
Typical day - relentless filing

Learned - how to use latest office technology

Management - attorneys don't engage with support staff

Workplace culture - driven, focused

Hardest part - repetitive work

Best part - great facility
Pros
free beverages
Cons
little social interaction
Nice job but lacked team cohesion
Regional Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 28, 2017
The Regional Services Manager position is a great job but comes with caveats, you are an overlay to the product sales teams and work at their beck and call. You need to understand the sales teams comp plans, their personalities and their need for professional services in their timeframe in order to be successful at this job.
Pros
The best manager in the universe
Cons
Working with f5 sales teams
overall good company to work
SR. PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 25, 2017
I had very good experience with F5. very good work life balance. Benefit is good. Technology is little outdated. Innovation is kind of slow down now. New CEO is changing culture of F5's family feel.
Pros
good benifit, competitive salary, stock option is good
Cons
new management
Great Benefits, Difficult to Advance, Decent Managers Vary By Team
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WaSeptember 19, 2017
I liked working at F5 during the time i was employed there, however the manager makes the experience, and a lot of the hiring culture has to do with who you know and hiring groups are terrible when they bring on people with 1 to no experience in managing. Of course it's all situational, some teams have awesome managers, so make sure you vet out everything before you join a team.
Pros
Work-Life Balance and Benefits
Cons
Moving up opportunities, inexperienced managers/directors taking concerns from employees and never taking thoughtful action
Life at F5
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 18, 2017
F5 is a great company and I loved my job at F5. People are very nice and friendly, very helpful and very skilled. I loved the culture at the company. F5 is a market leader in ADC and has a very good footprint in the market. Good salaries.
Pros
Leaders in ADC, great work culture. Salaries are good.
Cons
All the power is consolidated in Seattle. Company didn't have a clear vision about IoT.
No career development and no job security
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 10, 2017
You can be fired anytime at F5 even without any indication. It doesn't matter how good you are in terms of performance. They don't value your effort and hard work done by you. New CEO has changed the culture and F5 is no longer the best employer.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
slow down in core business, new CEO doesn't know what he is doing
Productive and a Competitive place to work
Enterprise Account Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 5, 2017
We have to login to our Phone queue for 3 hours to take calls from Premium Plus customers and then you have to work on the cases opened by Premium Plus customers you are designated to. Attend Customer calls, handle technical issues. Attend quarterly QBRs at the customer site.
Pros
Challenging environment, Good products
Cons
Stressful, High expectations
Lots of positives, but some negatives
Sr. Manager Data Governance (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 31, 2017
The old guard is changing and I think the culture will go through some tough transitions. I really liked a lot of the people there. Seemed to be a common theme, that everyone wanted to get along well with others. Still, some management ranks were difficult to influence and could easily ignore you. Tough to get a project off the ground or drive change.
Pros
Great people and culture.
IoT Transition in Action
(Acting Senior) Software Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 21, 2017
Once acknowledged as a prime OEM of hardware for load balancing and security software solutions, F5's new CEO is focused on an IoT SAAS mission as a primary supplier of technology.
Pros
Cutting edge evolution of the internet
Cons
Weather and traffic that is forever Seattle.
Awesome Place to Work
CEM (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 26, 2017
I've never worked for a company that treated its staff so well.
F5 have given me many opportunities to succeed and expand my skill offering - and the work/life balance expectations are stellar.

Best Medical benefits package as well.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, great Medical benefits, training
Cons
Pay is less than the market average, locally.
Good solid company
AngularJS Software Developer III (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 27, 2017
They were getting things together and switching from waterfall to agile/scrum when I came. The project went really well, I would have stayed longer. There was a bit of turnover on the project which caused it to stall prior to me starting work.
Pros
Nice location.
Cons
Extra 30 minutes outside of downtown Seattle.
Interesting Place to work.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COJune 19, 2017
Interesting place to work that is willing to take risks with it culture and technology. F5 is actively working to transform itself from a hardware based networking company to a software and services network company.
Pros
Good Pay, Nice people
Cons
Short term financial concerns trump common sense.
Best in Breed Application Delevery Networking Company
F5 Global Accounts Technology Sales (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 25, 2017
Fantastic company! I had the privilege to work for them in the early stages after the company's inception. My colleagues were some of the most intelligent, savvy and articulate individuals I've ever worked with. It's what has absolutely led to F5's wildly successful run, as the premiere ADN/Load Balancing company worldwide. Working for F5 and the colleagues who became my friends, prepared me for great success, both professionally and personally!
Site IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 19, 2017
Great place to work. Great benefits and pay. Good work environment. I don't know what else I can say to add up to 150 characters. I enjoyed working there and would work there again if the opportunity presented itself.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, food/beer Fridays after hours, holidays parties, good times overall.
Fair
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 2, 2017
Fair. Reputable. Good culture. Poor comp for administrative. Good perks. Poor EVP leadership. Good location. Tough industry. Needs product knowledge improvement.
A grand place to land
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 10, 2016
There's so much going on at F5, don't ever turn down the opportunity to interview there.

Make sure to be prepared to whiteboard how you think that you'll fit in.
review
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WA/ Seattle WAJuly 8, 2016
Not recommended to individuals who have not worked in the Software networking environment.

Disclosure with onboarding was many of the current employers came from other networking, software developers ... where narcissistic personalities is the norm and management is working to make the change for a better culture but it is slow to change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at F5 Networks. Our community is ready to answer.