We are growing an "A" team. A growing insurance agency is looking for the right Customer Service Representatives(Personal and Commercial). Customer Service Representatives work to maximize positive customer experiences by responding to customer inquiries regarding the company's products or services. They will communicate with internal and external customers about basic underwriting guidelines, policies, and marketing initiatives to service customer accounts. Additionally, Customer Service Representatives will analyze, clarify, and resolve policy and account-related questions.
Core Job Duties:
- Must be licensed.
- 5 or more years of experience needed. Farmers experience a plus.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to identify specific products and solutions.
- Solicit, sell and negotiate new business policies.
- Review renewal business and identify appropriate follow-up action based on degree of change.
- Understand COI and AI insurance requirements for the construction industry.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively.
- Must be organized and have strict attention to detail.
- Cross-sell/up-sell products to existing customers.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Assist with the annual review process by contacting customers and preparing
personalized customer coverage recommendations based on customer's needs.
- Perform risk analysis and field underwriting.
- Client/Claims liaison.
- Refer unresolved customer grievances or complex customer interactions to senior team member.
- Implement/adhere to company and Agency guidelines.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- General customer service duties as presented.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Business Results: Able to meet individual performance metrics and goals.
Multi-tasking: Able to successfully juggle multiple priorities at any given time.
Attention to Detail: Maintain accurate and descriptive accounts of all customer
Communication: Possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Job Knowledge: Understand basic product, billing, underwriting, and processing guidelines.
Teamwork: Accept feedback when offered and work well with others.
Problem solving: Able to research and identify timely solutions to customer-related problems
Physical environment: Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
Mentor: Must be able to mentor future support staff.
Preferred skills and abilities
Some college preferred but not required. High school diploma or equivalent required. Previous customer service experience required. Ideal candidate will have basic PC skills, basic math skills, strong analytical capability, conflict resolution skills, the ability to multi-task, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
Note: This position may require having the flexibility to work nonstandard
hours/shifts and having the ability to adhere to a structured schedule. Some travel may required.
Hiring Organization: Barry Insurance group