FBI Employee Reviews

na
Management and Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 18, 2017
NA, I have nothing else to say. I just wanted to answer questions on the survey. this is a good place to work, but theres no such things as a prefect agency. its all depends on you.
Best Federal Agency to work in
FBI Special Agent (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCOctober 13, 2017
No better place to work than the FBI
Agent is best position in the FBI
Hardest part is retiring
Best part is coming to work everyday
No better smarter class of individuals on a team than the fellow brothers and sisters at the FBI
Best decision I ever made other than my wife was working for the Bureau No regrets!
Confidential
Contract Linguist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 12, 2017
My position at the Federal Bureau of Investigation was that of a very confidential nature and I cannot discuss my job or its details. I very much enjoyed working there.
high stress
Identification Records Examiner (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVOctober 11, 2017
Good place to work, but very difficult to advance. Good benefits, plentiful vacation days and sick leave. Very fair when it comes to illnesses or extended time off. Work at home program available during extended absences
being a fingerprint examiner was very stressful
Fingerprint Examiner (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 5, 2017
a typical day as a fingerprint examiner could have you doing 8 different jobs and if you got over 8 hours in anyone of those jobs you had to make production. You could be working very hard in the files to locate and match a current fingerprint with one on file and hear your name called over the loudspeaker to report to a specific area. when you do it is for something that could have waited until you came back into the area.
Pros
knowledge I learned about how to take and examine fingerprints
Cons
stress of making a mistake.
Not competitive with private companies
Special Agent (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 2, 2017
Incompetent management, highly political, cutthroat. Everyone is out for themselves, not for the good of the organization or anything else. Nepotism is everywhere.
Pros
Cons
not competitive with private industry
Excellent
Student Workforce Trainee (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVSeptember 25, 2017
My time as a Student Workforce Trainee in the FBI Honors Internship Program was everything that I could've wanted from a federal internship and more. The program and program managers were excellent and I feel prepared to work for the Federal Government one day.
Nice work environment
SCO Systems Control Officer / Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 25, 2017
The culture of the workplace is professional, interpersonal and good environment. Teams are inclusive - work space inviting. Considerate co-workers, contract and government employees. Chiefs, Managers, Supervisors and Leads are commendable. Its been a pleasant experience working at the Bureau. This is my 2nd time here. Previously I held contract Program Manager position for 5 years with another company.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Contrcact Position
Best place I've ever worked!
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2017
Work culture is amazing! Everyone is supportive of each other and works well together. Some politics and red-tape, but for the most part all work as a team. Great potential growth and advancement!
great
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2017
A great working environment. It values diversity, work-life balance, job security, and culture. Anyone would do great in an environment like this. Great place!
Excellent employees
Informant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 11, 2017
I was sent into a car dealership where the owner as well as the employees were very dishonest in making fake documents to get customers approved for auto loans.
Close knit community working to keep America safe
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 11, 2017
Daily activities involved research and analysis, followed by drafting intelligence reports. Co-workers are like family, and go out of their way to help you be successful in your job. Management varies, as some do seem to care about your career growth too.
agents
FBI Special Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Agents are excellent. Manager selection is suspect, from first level supervisors to the Director. Candidate must be willing and able to relocate throughout the country.
very rewarding
Special Agent/Criminal Investigator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2017
My 26 years at the FBI were very rewarding. The work was challenging and the hours were often long and stressful but the job is essential. I would recommend it to anyone who meets the qualifications.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Investigator
Supervisory Special Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2017
Worked for the premiere law enforcement agency in the world. I enjoyed working different criminal violations in the US< and throught the world.. I cherish the memories in the FBI.
Secret work
Consultant - Consultant for classified wqork (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VASeptember 5, 2017
Classified and secret work Loved it but I am not allowed to discuss any of the work that I was tasked with. Truly loved my work in defense of our country.
Best job I ever had.
Primary Relief Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 30, 2017
The FBI is a fabulous place to work. Work is important to national security as well as defense of the Constitution. Work is also fulfilling and sometimes frustrating, but I am given the freedom to manage my own cases.
Pros
Fulfilling work
Cons
Administrative Burden placed on Agents
Fine, dedicated and kind people.
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNAugust 29, 2017
When they say they're a family, they mean it. Quests for help are always granted. There are the usual office politics and there are those who take advantage. Some positions can be stressful, as there are deadlines on account of the law enforcement nature of the work.
Pros
Good people, retirement benefits
Cons
Compensation behind private sector
My Start in Law Enforcement
Fingerprint Operator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2017
I started in Law Enforcement with the FBI in 1978, about 5 years after completing high school. It was the beginning of my career. I have learn a lot from this agency.
Pros
Recruited High School Students
Cons
Had to relocate to DC
Great place
Complex Crimes and Financial Industry Liaison (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2017
The most amazing job in the world for those willing to sacrifice work/home blend. Many opportunities for travel, learning, and experiences. Government does provide a modest pension.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FBI. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5