FBI

FBI Employer Reviews

Great Team Work
Special Agent (Former Employee), San Juan, PRAugust 3, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours
The FBI is like many large organization, lots of red tape. But my coworkers were great and the work was exciting. Pay was great.
A typical day at the office
Contractor (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 30, 2014
Pros: location - interactions
Cons: contract end
Upon entering my office, the first thing I do on each morning is check my voicemail and review email messages, I then prioritize my activities for the day and the week for the most / least important. I prioritize meetings, and determine what I need to do per my calendar to close out required and requested responsibilities. Most days are exciting and – more... full attending to gov't clients and employees internal and external, For the most part, I enjoy my workdays, however there are times when I have to attend to i.e. employee reprimand, client issues, ect. It is my job however to bring closure and resolution to completeness. – less
Knowing that you make a difference.
Senior Forensic Examiner - Video/Imaging (Current Employee), Quantico, VAJuly 21, 2014
Primary responsibilities include assisting the FBI, Federal, state, local and international law enforcement agencies with the clarification and processing of analog and digital video evidence submitted to the Forensic Audio, Video and Image Analysis Unit. Specialized in digital CCTV surveillance systems installation, retrieval and handling of digital – more... video from Digital CCTV systems, digital video recorders, file reconstruction and multiple non-linear digital video processing platforms. – less
Productive and exciting workplace
Criminal History Examiner (Current Employee), Clarksburg, WVJuly 19, 2014
An important job that is the lifeline to law enforcement and essential for the nation's security. As such, it's not prudent for me to say too much about my workplace except that I enjoy the work and take my professional duties seriously.
Good company to work for
Typist Clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: have no complaints about working for them
I enjoyed working for the FBI. I was always interested in the criminal justice system and wanted to be FBI agent so working for them was a step in the right area. Just wasn't able to go any further
Great working relationships and team effort .
Assist the FBI (Current Employee), McAllen, TXJune 27, 2014
Pros: the best training and experience one can get.
Cons: i did not encounter any.
FBI offers great training and places emphasis on professionalism, respect , and image. The agency offers continuous training in order to have investigators meet the agency's objectives. Working for the agency is enjoyable and this is due to the constant team effort to meet objectives and the willingness to help each other out without hesitation.
federal government
Visual Information Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 22, 2014
very busy job.
Travel 30 percent
24/7 on call
can be demanding at times, both mentally and physically
Very enjoyable place to work and above average pay
Secretary/Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 4, 2014
Pros: wonderful environment
Very enjoyable place to work with above average pay grade. Advancement opportunities were present and management was always receptive and appreciative of a job well done.
Federal Air Marshal
Federal Air Marshal/Assistant Operations Officer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 1, 2014
Pros: travel
World Wide Travel
Aviation Security Expert
Working with International Police
Excellent Work Place
Accountant Analyst and Team Lead (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 10, 2014
A great agency to work for, They help with advancements and education.
Clerk-Typist for Federal Bureau of Investigation
Clerk Typist (GS-5) (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 2, 2014
Pros: worked for the federal government.
Cons: appointed position and not dod affiliated.
Clerk Typist for the Latent Fingerprint Section, Identification Division of the FBI. Typed identification and non-identification reports for local, state, federal and other FBI field offices. Substituted for Division and Special Agent Administrative Assistants as needed.
'FIVE STARS', FOR THE FBI.
payroll clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 31, 2014
MY REVIEW FOR THE FBI, REFLECTED IN THE, RATE THIS COMPANY SECTION, WILL SERVE FOR MY OVER ALL VIEW OF THE FBI.
Interesting and demanding
Special Agent (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: fbi
Cons: away from family
All days are different. Great people. Enjoy the work. Investigating threats to National Security.
Wonderful place to hone my nursing skills.
Occupational Health Nurse (Current Employee), Quantico, VAFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: short commute
I work with wonderful co-workers and support personnel. We all work as a team to see that our patients are well taken care of and are ready at a moment's notice to travel virtually anywhere in the world in which their expertise is needed.
Poor management/limited advancement for non-Agents
PROGRAM MANAGER - FORENSIC ACCOUNTANT PROGRAM (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 3, 2014
While working for the government offers job security not often found in the private sector, opportunities for advancement are limited for non-agent staff. The professional staff, as it's called, is not always treated as professionals by the agent population.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people throughout the FBI field offices. The – more... hardest part of the job is the lack of accountability that I have witnessed, the multiple system implementations that actually increase inefficiency and complexity, and the cronyism that runs rampant. – less
Interesting insight into how a government security agency works.
Manager of FBI Recreation (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: on site daycare.
Cons: very rigid environment that cannot accomodate individual needs.
I had the opportunity to interact with people from all over the world and develop relationships with them that lasted for many years. The most rewarding part of my job was helping people to do their jobs by providing something for them to give to their counterparts and take something away from their visit to our office that was a tangible reminder of – more... their time spent there. – less
Excellent Agency to work for.
Special Agent - Pilot (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 16, 2013
Great opportunities with travel to various parts of our country and abroad.
Significantly enlightening perspective into federal government operations
Telecommunications Specialist (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 3, 2013
Pros: new learning experience - significant stimulation and challenge for me
Cons: away from family
Very challenging assignment having transitioned into the position with no previous experience with the commercial equipment being utilized by the organization. Required intensive research and study to come up to speed with the activity required.
Goverment Job
File Clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 25, 2013
Pros: getting to know different people from different parts of the united states.
Cons: nothing
Was hired after high school , didnt really get to see the great benefits to work for the FBI
Fast pace
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 6, 2013
A typical day at work for me is non-stop! From the time that I walk in the door I know that my day will be filling and enjoyable. I love what I do and the people that I work with and for. It's fast pace and often hard work.

1 2 3 4