FBI Employee Reviews

lots of traveling strong employee bonding relaxed but labor intensive
carpenter, lead man (Current Employee) –  Pekin, ILNovember 18, 2016
Great place to develop new skills and learn about post frame buildings. Other employees are great to work with. The company cares about their employee's safety and well being. The hardest part of the job is the climbing and long work hours can take a toll on your body. The most enjoyable part of the job is going to work with some of my best friends and seeing a customers reaction to his new building.
Pros
great benefits, great group of people, job security
Cons
labor intensive, lots of traveling and time away from home and family
present and recent position enumerated on my resume.
Special Investigator and other contract positions (Current Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 20, 2016
My present and most recent jobs have been enjoyable and challenging. Working in a war zone has been sobering. To experience other cultures and work with foreign nationals was a satisfying and rewarding experience. Management was open to suggestion in some positions, and some had antiquated management styles and were not good team workers.
Pros
Meeting and working with different cultures
Cons
Having communication glitches
Wonderful and rewarding career experience with lifelong associates.
Special Agent (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2016
My career with the FBI was both interesting and rewarding. It always resulted in a feeling of satisfaction and the prestige associated with the job was well earned and respected. I learned a great deal about people and always was certain that I was doing a job that had to be done, that few were called to do and that many benefited from what was accomplished. My co workers as well as management personnel were dedicated individuals many of whom I have formed a lifelong association. Together with my service in the marine Corps, I feel that I have achieved the best of both worlds.
A very fullfilling job
Management & Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVFebruary 22, 2016
This was just not a job this was a career that I stepped away from to care for my two small children. I loved virtually everything about my job the analytical side and the financial side. Management in the government is always changing and people are always moving, it was best to be able to adapt change quite well, which I did. My co-workers were the best part of the job, as I spent more time with them at times then my own family. Even though I am not physically staffed at the Bureau currently I still remain close with all of my old co-workers.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
high stress/long drive / long hours
dream Job
Intern to Hire (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 4, 2016
Great place to work great environment plenty of opportunity for advancement. Provide fun activities has a great culture. Leadership is awesome. Overall great place to work
Productive Work Environment
Management and Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 20, 2016
People is the greatest asset at this organization. The work culture is constantly changing toward a more diverse structure. The organization has offered great opportunities for advancement.
Headquarters was very outdated
Corporate Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 30, 2016
Great compensation, but management was not the greatest. Secondary management were not the best in their field. I had more experience than my manager who had come in as just a writer.

My best experience was working in the Chicago field office.

Was given top assignments.
Pros
Compensation
Perception is not reality
Special Agent/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 15, 2016
My thoughts on what the FBI was were proven to be incorrect. Management protects management and not first line agents. There is a ton of corruption and "good old boy networks". Employees of the FBI will often say the FBI eats it's own. It was a huge disappointment.
Pros
salary
Cons
hours
MGAC Review
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 18, 2016
I was proud to work for MGAC under their contract with the FBI. The caliber of people there is incredible.

My typical workday was from about 6:30 am until 3:30 or 4:00. My days were spent either in the office following up on project management issues with several ongoing jobs and lease reviews or on site at the jobs I was responsible for. Travel weekly wasn't unusual. It was a good position (as a Portfolio Manager and Project Manager)that complimented my work/life balance. Rarely did I work weekends.

MGAC's Management is very interested in the development of the individuals under their purview. I felt strongly they cared and were their to offer their assistance (along with tuition reimbursement) and mentorship.

The hardest part of my job was juggling the lease administration portion of the position with the constant work required in the project management position. I worked remotely so communication with the main office was sometimes problematic.

The most enjoyable part of working with MGAC was the interface with the client. I really enjoyed the opportunity to build relationships with our clients working directly with them on various projects and leasing issues.
Honor
Assistant Special Agent in Charge - Cyber Branch (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 7, 2016
An honorable calling. No typical day or experience. The ability to reinvent yourself nearly every three or four years. Work alongside a workforce unmatched in any other profession as it relates to honesty and integrity.
Pros
Honorable workforce and mission
Cons
Work-life balance

Want to know more about FBI?

Ask a question
Worked at FBI HQ
Firearms/Toolmarks Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2017
Responsible for receiving and examining all incoming evidence related to firearms, firearms components, ammunition, and toolmarks. One of many subdivisions of the FBI Laboratory devoted to a specific discipline of forensic science.
Pros
Cons
Liimided advancement in the Lab
Great agency, with generous compensation, benefits and friendly work environments.
Paralegal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 13, 2016
In my various roles at the FBI, I would handled time and attendance records, payroll and other related issues and prepare and schedule and send out tax receipt checks to state and local tax entities. I learned how to interact in a fast-paced working environment while managing a high volume of work. Management was very professional, friendly and interested in making sure I had the skills and learning necessary to advance within the agency. My co-workers were quite nice to work with, made it enjoyable to go to work every day and were very willing to assist on any questions or issues I encountered. The hardest part of the job was actually not the job itself, but the three hour round trip commute. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with pleasant co-workers and management that made it conducive to a very productive work environment.
Pros
Great compensation, including annual cost of living adjustments and benefits.
Cons
There were not cons.
Great company
Federal Contractor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2016
Great company with a very good culture. Nice people to work with, but management should learn more management and people skills. A lot of politics.
Great organization to work for.
Facilities/Project/Security Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 13, 2016
I worked for the FBI for over 36 years and cannot think of one single day that I didn't feel like going to work. Great opportunity and able to travel to places within the US that I would have NEVER gone to. Also as a Project Manger, I was highly respected for my knowledge and ability to work very well with many stakeholders involved in my assigned projects and was often called upon to take over projects to get them back on track/schedule.
Pros
Travel
Cons
N/A
Great job
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 26, 2016
Great job for a student. Never overworked and you get nights and weekends off. Best student job at LSU. Management was good and cared about their workers.
Most enjoyable part of this job
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT CLERK (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2016
Everyday I enjoy work and I couldn't wait to go back to work on Monday. Work was easy and interesting.
I love my co workers except one who made gossips.
Pros
Great management
Cons
A co worker made gossips about others.
Great place to work.
Supervisory Special Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2017
Great place to work with a mission that cannot be matched. A sense of fulfillment is present everyday. Like any large organization, it does have a level of bureaucracy that you need to learn to navigate.
Variety
Management & Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 2, 2016
A typical day consisted of various duties and challenges. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was meeting and educating people. As an instructor, I learned many things from research and the students. As an office administrator, I worked in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment that required the ability to multi-task and to think outside the box to solve issues as they occurred.
Pros
benefits and students
Cons
A great place to work and pleasant atomsphere.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJanuary 12, 2017
It's hard work but you are well trained and giving every option to move up in the company. Usually you learn how to file, reception duties, switch board duties and mail room duties.
Pros
great life experiences and you meet great people.
Cons
stressfull because of the level of security.
Productive workplace
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 6, 2016
Amazing benefits with outstanding experiences. Great place to learn and build relationships. Challenging environment where you learn to deal with difficult situations quickly and efficiently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FBI. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5