Quality Engineer Job Description
Description: Quality Engineer
Quality Engineer Job Purpose: Provides NPI quality support during initial planning, creates required inspection work instructions in support of QMS, provides statistical information for quality improvements.
Quality Engineer Job Duties:
- Develops quality planning documentation in support of New Product Induction (NPI), liaison alongside Process Engineering in support of NPI programs.
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying improvements relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Manages First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR) as per AS9102 and customer requirements.
- Investigates Customer issues via root cause and corrective action (RCCA) methodologies.
- Experienced in both Internal and External Auditing.
- Knowledgeable of third party accreditation (e.g., NADCAP, ISO/AS Registrars, etc.).
- Knowledge or experience working within ISO9001/AS9100 QMS’s.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies; maintaining American society of quality control certified quality engineer qualification.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Analyzing Information, Reporting Research Results, Technical Understanding, Promoting Process Improvement, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Supports Innovation, CAD preferred, Quality Engineering, Operations Research
For more information on our company please visit, www.FercoAerospaceGroup.com