The Restaurant General Manager will lead the operation of our restaurants. The Restaurant General Manager has the overall responsibility for directing the daily operations of a restaurant, ensuring compliance with company standards in all areas of operation, including product preparation and delivery, customer relations, restaurant maintenance and repair, inventory management, team management, recruiting, hiring, termination and retention of team members, financial accountability, ensuring that the highest quality products and services are delivered to each customer and other duties as required or assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manages a Five Guys restaurant, including administration of policies and guidelines of the company, ensuring 100% customer satisfaction at all times
- Maintains fast, accurate service, positive guest relations, and ensuring products are consistent with company quality standards
- Ensures Occupational Safety & Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are met
- Controls day-to-day operations by scheduling labor, ordering food and supplies, and developing the restaurant team
- Controls profit & loss, by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions
- Recruits, interviews, and hires team members, conducts performance appraisals, takes disciplinary action, motivates and trains
- Has authority to hire and terminate (or participate in those decisions) with approval/partnership from Human Resources
- Ensures maintenance of equipment, facility, and grounds through the use of a preventative maintenance program
- Ensures food quality and 100% customer satisfaction
- Ensures complete and timely execution of corporate & local marketing programs
- Ensures a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviors of the team
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Successful Candidates/Employees of this position must have a High School Diploma or GED. A college or university degree is preferred. In addition, 2-4 years of supervisory experience in either a food service or retail environment is required with responsibility for restaurant/store profit and loss. Experience in providing exceptional customer service is mandatory.
Good communication and interpersonal skills are required. The successful candidate/employee will use communication skills to build an exceptional team, supervise others, give detailed instructions and training, and resolve conflicts. The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos is necessary. The position also requires the ability to write simple correspondences and the ability to effectively present information one-on-one, in small group situations and to other employees of the organization as well as customers. It also requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business memos, including financial data.
The position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. It also requires basic business math and accounting skills.
The position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations and people. Strong analytical/decision-making skills are needed.
Basic personal computer literacy is required, with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and other appropriate software. Must be able to operate cash register.
Supervises Assistant Restaurant Managers and Crew Members. Requires strong skills and experience in management, delegation, training, creating a positive work environment, and taking disciplinary action, as needed.
The position’s physical demands require work in a restaurant/kitchen environment with moderate to loud noise levels, varying temperature conditions and possible direct exposure to hazardous substances, such as hot oil. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, travel and react quickly to deadlines, sometimes with little notice. The employee is often required to stand for long periods; walk, bend, kneel, and reach with hands boxes or food containers typically weighing 50 pounds or less, without restrictions. May be required to use stepladder. Finger dexterity is required for use of cash register. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to travel as needed.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor, policy and company management.