FM Industries, a contract manufacturing company in southern Fremont, CA, is seeking someone with an extensive HR background to serve in the capacity of an HR Specialist, in charge of benefits and compensation for the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Manages the design and administration of all company benefits including but not limited to health medical, dental, and life insurance; disability and workers’ compensation; 401(k) and other pension plans.
- Analyzes existing benefit plans, benefits trends, and prevailing practices; provides recommendations to establish competitive benefits programs and ensure strategic alignment with business objectives, efficient pricing, maximum value, and excellent customer service.
- Selects and manages relationships with benefits consultants, brokers, third-party administrators, and insurance companies.
- Tracks and reports benefit expenses.
- Reviews monthly medical billing; reconciles billing and payment issues.
- Verifies 401(k) contributions and accounts; coordinates valuation of 401(k) accounts; oversees 401(k) discrimination testing.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state laws and regulations including but not limited to ERISA, ADA, COBRA, and FMLA.
- Optimizes utilization of and ensures accuracy of the HRIS benefits system; develops corporate reports and queries as required.
- Supervises and participates in employment administration, including but not limited to new hire process.
- Manages new employee orientation and annual benefit enrollment.
- Oversees all COBRA and benefits activities.
- Designs and develops employee benefits booklets and other employee benefit communications.
- Consults with employees and manages employment-related matters including but not limited to eligibility for benefits, FMLA, unemployment, and disciplinary actions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent
- Five to seven years related experience or equivalent
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, presentation, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Interpret complex laws, regulations, and/or policies.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
FM Industries is a leading contract manufacturer of precision components and assemblies for the Semiconductor Equipment Industry,...