FMA Is Hiring A PROGRAMMER / ANALYST
Position Purpose: To define, develop, test, analyze and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing and analyzing software programs and applications. The Programmer/Analyst will also research, design, document and modify software applications throughout the production life cycle. Must be able to proficiently develop applications using VB.NET.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Have full range of motion in wrists, fingers, and thumbs in order to type on a computer for a minimum of eight hour per day
- Ability to move various distances frequently and repeatedly to assist staff with possible computer issues
- Be able to sit at a computer desk for a minimum of eight hours per day
- Must be able to read computer screens and printouts in order to read collection information and to see where to input new data
- Must be able to accurately hear customers and co-workers in person and via telephone
- Strong oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Be able to work up to eight hours per day, including weekends and holidays
- Meet client guidelines and have clear understanding of client policies
- Proficient in developing applications using VB.NET.
- Collaborate with developers, programmers and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scooping, scheduling and implementation.
- Consistently write, translate and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
- Generate statistics and write reports for management.
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Success Factors / Performance Expectations:
- A strong sense of teamwork and cooperation with management and coworkers.
- Accuracy and completeness of assignments.
- Consistently meeting all deadlines.
- Ability to offer suggestions on how to improve reports, projects, and daily routine assignments.
- Self-motivated with sound, professional judgment.
- Ability to develop, implement, and ensure adherence to department policies and procedures for computer hardware and software usage.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with mainframes and personal computers.
- Proficiency in prototyping and developing applications using VB.NET
- Proficiency in MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Word computer software
- Ability to write scripts for data interface.
- Ability to use report writer facilities to generate management and statistical reports.