Perform advanced, diversified, and confidential executive-level secretarial duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of organization's policies and practices.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES -
- Identifies needs and initiates projects independently.
- Sets priorities and procedures for accomplishing work, delegating responsibility as needed.
- Collects and compiles information, and analyzes data and displays in appropriate form for officer.
- Receives and reviews highly sensitive correspondence for officer. Maintains confidentiality and recommends solutions or actions required.
- Responds independently to routine correspondence under own signature or drafts response for officer' s review on more complex correspondence.
- Screens telephone calls and visitors, and resolves routine and complex inquiries. Meets independently with or screens people before meeting with the officer.
- May supervise a single or group of non-exempt support secretary staff, including hiring, training, and performance appraisal.
- Controls calendar closely, with authority to determine who may be scheduled. Authorizes approval for travel expense reports for officer.
- Approves invoices and purchase requisitions under own signature.
- Makes complex domestic or international travel arrangements.
- Operates a variety of office equipment, such as a personal computer, printer, photocopier, transcriber, facsimile, scanner, or calculator.
- Progressively uses the features of one or more standard business software packages.
NATURE AND SCOPE -
- Provides primary support to assigned Senior Officer/Officer.
- Direct reports may include one or more Administrative Assistants, as well as one or more Clerks.
- Typically requires frequent persuasion or influencing of others. Usually assigns and reviews work of others.
- Typically procedures for analyzing situations and making conclusions are very diverse
- Typically considers among a few options and past practice when solving problems.
- Typically there is some leeway for changing the order of assigned tasks. Prior approval is required before dealing with unassigned tasks.
ASSIGNED HOURLY COMPENSATION - $15.75/Hour
- Raise evaluation can be considered after 180 days of employment.
- Comprehensive incentive program is offered after 180 days of employment.
- Continued and encouraged growth and advancement within the organization.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EDUCATION -
- PC skills, knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access), Lotus Notes and the Internet.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, strong written/verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated organizational skills, and demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Personal computer skills including Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and other Windows-based applications.
PHYSICAL JOB SETTING - Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Title: Administrative Assistant
Position is appropriated for immediate hire.
No phone calls please.
Indeed - 19 months ago