FNY Capital Management LP is a global multi-strategy trading firm. The firm’s diverse trading business spans numerous asset classes, including domestic and international equities, fixed income, commodities, interest rates, foreign exchange, derivatives, energy and tax exempt bonds. Founded in 1986, First New York is one of the few remaining classic partnerships on Wall Street. A leading technology platform and robust operating infrastructure combined with risk management and diversification strategies serve as the cornerstones of the firm’s continued success. Headquartered in New York City, with European operations based in London, the firm has more than 200 employees globally.
FNYCM is seeking an entry level analyst to join the Helpdesk in their Technology Department. Successful candidates will have a strong academic background and experience in a technical environment.
- Supports all software and hardware solutions for all areas of the firm.
- Open, monitors and tracks trouble tickets in the Help Desk System. Accurate data entry is essential as well as follow-up with end users for closed tickets.
- Answers the Tech Hotline and manages client expectations with regard to timeframe of problem resolution.
- Knowledge of Windows 7, MS Office 2010, and any other software applications.
- Assists users over the phone and/or at their desk with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Assists with moving PC’s, Monitors, and all other IT Equipment as needed.
- 1-2 years experience in a corporate environment
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Finance
- Desktop troubleshooting and performance analysis skills
- Self-motivated and ability to thrive in a high-pressure, fast paced environment
- An enthusiasm to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Takes a proactive approach to daily responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Understanding of the financial markets a significant plus
Indeed - 2 years ago