FOCUS Engineering, inc. is seeking a Graduate Engineer to join our team to provide civil engineering support to our City Engineers serving multiple growing communities in the Twin Cities metro area. Our small firm and primarily virtual office provides a unique opportunity for a motivated individual to gain valuable experience and expertise planning and implementing municipal infrastructure.
Responsibilities include preparing exhibits, cost estimates, design calculations, feasibility reports, technical memos and specifications along with assistance with contract and construction administration for planning, design and construction of municipal infrastructure including sanitary sewer, drinking water, streets and stormwater management. This position will also be responsible for day-to-day tasks for the engineering department such as reviewing right-of-way and grading permits, applications for new development, construction observation, and tasks associated with meeting NPDES MS4 Permit requirements. Responding to citizen requests/complaints and following through to bring resolution, as well as presentation of information to citizens, City Councils and commissions is an important part of this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of experience in the Civil Engineering field.
- EIT Certification or ability to obtain within six months.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Xcel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter who works well independently and as a team.
- Valid driver’s license and able to provide own means of reliable transportation.
- Previous intern experience with a City or municipal engineering firm.
- Previous experience or training with AutoCAD and/or GIS.
Indeed - 6 months ago
Focus Engineering is a dedicated, principle-driven, highly professional firm. We subscribe to the age old principles of honesty, integrity...