Fora Financial is a leading financial services company providing working capital to small and mid-size businesses nationwide. Established in 2008, we support small businesses in need of financing to sustain or grow their enterprise by providing innovative, customized, and flexible working capital solutions. We operate through a consultative approach, listening to customers and providing what best meets their needs in an ever-changing financial market. Fora Financial has provided more than $178 million to more than 4,500 customers.
The Human Resources Specialist will provide workflow and structure around vital HR processes, including recruitment, payroll, compensation & benefits, and HR information management. This role will also support the HR Manager in ensuring that company policies and procedures are developed and maintained in accordance with applicable legislation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with the department managers to manage the end to end recruitment process, including but not limited to, job posting, pre-screening, booking interviews, compensation benchmarking, drafting offer letters, and conducting references and background checks;
- Conducts candidate searches through referrals, networks, and appropriate job sites in a timely and efficient manner;
- Recommends improvements to the Company’s compensation and benefits structure based on findings through market research, competitive benchmarking, and employee feedback;
- Manages and accurately maintain the Company’s benefits structure, and acts as the point of contact with brokers and vendors (401k and medical);
- Coordinates meetings with brokers and employees in regards to benefit on-boarding on a regular basis;
- Maintain the Company’s employee HR Information System (HRIS) database;
- Tracks, all employee-related payroll changes, working with Finance to ensure that all such changes are accurately captured in semi-monthly payroll cycle;
- Understands compliance and interprets HR policies and procedures within the context of best practices and applicable legal and regulatory standards;
- Develops and runs semi-monthly, monthly, and quarterly employee-related reports, providing insight to senior management on key HR related metrics
- Works with the HR team and management on ad hoc projects;
- Assists in HR administrative tasks, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to the changing requirements of the Company;
- Adept skills in various interviewing techniques;
- As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs and employee goodwill;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Proactive mindset;
- Analytical and metric-oriented;
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of HR Information and Payroll Systems (ADP preferred);
- Use sound judgment at all times.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's (BS/BA) degree required. Advanced Human Resource degree a plus;
- 3+ years related HR generalist and or specialist experience (experience in Compensation and Benefits highly regarded);
- High level administration skills;
- Familiarity with federal, state and local laws is preferred.
Compensation is dependent on experience; benefits after 3 months, medical and 401k option
Fora Financial is a leading financial services company providing working capital to small and mid-size businesses nationwide. Established in...