In September 1991, we mailed the first Frontgate catalog to 300,000 upscale American households. The aim of our new direct marketing company was to offer these consumers products and services of unprecedented quality. Since that time we have enjoyed tremendous growth. In 1996, Frontgate was recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation's 500 fastest growing companies. Today, Frontgate is the recognized leader in catalog and online shopping for the home environment. This year alone, we will circulate nearly 100 million catalogs. Yet size alone is not the measure of our success. Rather, it is the faithful adherence to our founding principles:
Provide our customers with long-term value in every product they purchase
Build recognition for our brands by excelling at everything we do
Engage in business practices that benefit everyone involved
Create a working climate that calls forth the best in every employee
Fully capitalize on emerging technologies
Maintain our vitality and self-reliance by implementing change rather than reacting to it
The Database Marketing Analyst is responsible for applying advanced statistical techniques to analyze and model customer transactional, behavioral, web, and demographic data to optimize marketing campaign effectiveness and provide actionable customer insights. This role will provide hands-on expert level skill in SAS, SPSS, or other modeling applications to better define and score unique customer segments within a large relational database. The Database Marketing Analyst will lead in the study of customer behavior and trends providing thoughtful insight to business leaders. The candidate should be highly motivated to understand our unique customer personas, improve the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, and optimize ad spend by generating complex statistical modeling and analysis using SAS, SPSS, etc. across our vast relational customer database.
- BS/BA (Graduate degree preferred) in statistics, mathematics, economics, or quantitative field with experience and strong interest in the application of modeling and analysis for consumer marketing campaign optimization and customer insights.
- 5+ years experience building models via SAS, SPSS, etc. applied to a large relational databases including customer transactional, demographic, web analytics, and behavioral data attributes. Very strong SAS, SPSS, and SQL programming skills with substantial experience extracting and aggregating data. Skilled in reducing large multi-dimensional data sets into more meaningful, actionable data.
- Substantial experience in data mining, response modeling (linear/non-linear regression, CHAID, etc), cluster analysis, analytic segmentation, response analysis, web analytics, ROI analysis, etc.
- Expert knowledge in the strengths and limitations of statistical models and analyses in various business applications, ability to evaluate and communicate the uncertainty in the results.
- Experience designing and analyzing A/B test experiments to measure model performance, back-tests, model optimization, etc. in the pursuit of marketing campaign effectiveness.
- Skilled at understanding the high-level business questions, objectives, and needs. Highly skilled in communicating results and key learnings,
- Ability to think outside traditional academic methodologies when appropriate, brings a creative approach to quantitative analysis.
- Motivated to find the “why" and provide effective and compelling data visualization and summary reporting to support conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals unfamiliar with subject material, senior management, and external vendors.
Cinmar, founded in Cincinnati in 1991, is the publisher of both Frontgate® and grandinroad® brand catalogs and websites, and is one...