Cinmar, founded in Cincinnati in 1991, is the publisher of both Frontgate® and grandinroad® brand catalogs and websites, and is one of the leading premiere multi-channel retailers in the home category. For over twenty years, Frontgate® has been Outfitting America’s Finest Homes and is a renowned leader in both outdoor and indoor home furnishings. Through both print and digital media, Frontgate® offers products of unsurpassed quality to our customers with engaging creative lifestyle imagery. Launched in 2003, the grandinroad® brand is known for fashionable home furnishings and accessories with unique, colorful style. Both brands are supported with best in class customer care and order fulfillment.
The Quality Assurance Manager’s primary responsibility is to exceed our customer’s high expectations related to product quality, presentation and packaging while minimizing these same cost. In addition, this person is responsible for ensuring compliance with laws, regulations and customs requirements related to product as well as managing, developing and providing focus to a high performing team to accomplish our quality objectives.
- Define and manage all testing processes and resources to ensure that we achieve our quality standards while ensuring that testing is focused on key/core product in order to make the most impact
- Take immediate corrective actions when product quality issues arise, including management of vendor or 3rd party corrective actions while minimizing the cost impact to Cinmar and/or maximizing recovery from vendors
- Identify core/key products categories and develop strategic action plans with merchants and vendor to improve product quality
- Establish and enforce vendor requirements for packaging, labeling and product assembly instructions
- Evaluate and asses current and anticipated levels of testing needed to properly balance workload in the QA department and maximize efficiency and effectiveness of the team
- Monitor products timelines for QA to ensure that product is tested timely and accurately while ensuring that QA resources are not expended on obvious inferior products
- Minimize cost impact of product returns through higher RTV’s and return allowances
- Hire, develop and provide ongoing assessment of a high-performing team while ensuring some succession plan for future growth
- Manage Importer Security Filings and US Customs requirements as Importer of Record
- Develop and execute programs to minimize inbound and outbound freight
- 5+ years of Direct to Consumer or Consumer Product Industry related experience
- Thorough knowledge of product and quality control (Furniture craftsmanship is a plus)
- Experience with ISTA a plus
- Demonstrated experience managing teams
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and achieve results
- Strong communication skills with both internal and external individuals, at both peer and senior management level
- Ability to work with mainframe systems, reporting tools, and proficiency with Microsoft Office (PkMS and Ecometry is a plus)
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Cinmar, founded in Cincinnati in 1991, is the publisher of both Frontgate® and grandinroad® brand catalogs and websites, and is one...