Gerson Lehrman Group is looking for a Systems Analyst to work in a professional and fast-paced environment. This is a position that requires answering phone calls as well as performing hands-on work. The Systems Analyst will serve as the initial point of contact for users' software and hardware issues and will also work with the other members of the IT department for quick and courteous resolutions.
- Provide Helpdesk and troubleshooting support via the Helpdesk hotline
- Work in concert with other members of the IT department to troubleshoot more complex technical problems
- Answer Helpdesk telephone at all times during the scheduled workday, and at other times as requested or assigned
- Properly log incidents into the Helpdesk ticketing system and resolve them in a timely manner
- Provide support for custom in-house web applications
- Maintain an accurate inventory list of all IT equipment
- Assist and work with the IT Operations teams to troubleshoot issues
- Assist the other members of the IT department in planning and carrying out technical projects, including planning, implementing, assisting with installation and setup of software/hardware products and other duties as assigned
- Customer service focus required, with strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Willing to travel and support other GLG offices worldwide
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written are required
- In-depth knowledge and experience with troubleshooting and repair of workstations, printers, and other client hardware; Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (XP, Vista, 7), Microsoft Office Suite (2003, 2007, 2010).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is required.
- Certifications such as MCP or CCNA are a plus
- Experience at a geographically diverse mid-sized company (100-500 people) working with remote offices and teams
- 4+ years of previous Helpdesk support experience with ticketing systems (i.e., Altiris)
- Knowledge of Macs is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously and successfully handle multiple, disparate tasks
- Must be able to operate effectively and cooperatively within the IT department to enable the department to function cohesively and to provide excellent customer service across company departments
- Must be able to take directions remotely and adhere to standard operating procedures and policies
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Are comfortable interacting with decision-makers and other senior level individuals at client firms
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth;
- Exhibit relentless attention to detail;
- Possess a strong desire to work within a team; and
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (GLG), founded more than ten years ago, began developing a network of leading experts to provide business decision-makers with insights to drive better, more informed outcomes. Initially serving investment firms, today our company has grown to support professional services firms and corporations across every industry.
GLG Research partners with investment firms, corporations, non-profits and professional services firms that need targeted, on-demand expertise to help improve decision-making. GLG Research provides professional services and sophisticated web-based compliance systems to help our clients connect to the most relevant experts while helping clients and experts manage potential conflicts.
GLG is headquartered in New York with 21 offices globally and over 800 employees. The company is backed by Bessemer Venture Partners and Silver Lake Partners.
For more information about GLG, please visit: www.gersonlehrmangroup.com
For more information about GLG Research, please visit: www.glgroup.com
Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary plus eligibility for, depending on the role, a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus with comprehensive benefits program and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or any other security that may present a conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest. GLG also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.