FAB Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Shine
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2017
When your in this field play harder at your work ethics. Someone's watching. I noticed things like this everytime I meet a new face coming in from other companies like; AKER Solutions, Baker Hughes, and fortunate companies as such. Just remain humble when working with new comers, dealing with big headed people and smile.
Pros
Can move up!
Cons
It's a battlefield!
Not Fun
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Burlington, IASeptember 18, 2016
I did not believe in their policies. They had me tell people that were on SSI to go sell they're stuff to pay the doctors bills
Pros
Hours
Cons
Boss
Family owned and operated
QC Inspector of Gun Parts (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNAugust 23, 2016
QC was instituted for a department to blame for bad parts. My manager and our team had limited authority. I walked out with him and most of the team after the gun parts we put on hold were released to a new company, Remington after the parts were rejected by them.
Pros
I taught myself to read blue prints, create new QC standards
Cons
Poor owner and management practices
Valuable experience
Senior Manager, Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Keasbey, NJMarch 9, 2016
If you would like to know more about my experience and job responsibilities with this company, please contact me to discuss.
My QC Manager Scott was awesome!
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR OF GUN PARTS PRO (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNApril 8, 2015
Unfortunately the owners sent the Remington parts that we rejected resulting in Remington sending them back. My boss resigned (there is more to his story) and most of the OC staff left with him. Myself included.
This was just a temporary job.
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXApril 5, 2015
I enjoyed helping people who were in need of financial assistance. It felt good going home knowing I helped change someones life.
liked working here
Welder/Fabrication (Former Employee) –  Albertville, ALMarch 3, 2015
welded had good people to work with and i learned a lot...they did appreciate me....they have good bosses too..i just got tired of going out of town...
Challenging, fun nights, everyone makes the best of it
Masker (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, MOOctober 12, 2014
Night shift at FAB is great, my co-workers were great and the job itself was great. It could be challenging at times, but you had people there to help you if you needed it. The breaks weren't very long but the pay was descent. No part of the job was too difficult.
All company !!!!
Technologist, DOW Chemical (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMarch 26, 2014
All about the bottom line, people are their least asset, Money is what they are all about, get the job done, for the least dollar, worry about safety and people latter!!!
Pros
Short brakes
Cons
Laid off people for no reason, with long time on service
Productive and fun workplace with great people
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Keasbey, NJMarch 22, 2014
A typical day at work would start off with where you are placed (Receiving, put away, picking, packing, shipping, returns, inventory). If you were in receiving, you would be entering items into the system. In put away, you would put away items into specific location based off of what the item is, how big it is, weight, etc. In picking, you would pick items out of a location and put them into a cart. In packing, you would pack the order into a box and put it on the belt. In shipping you would ship the items onto a truck. In returns, you would process returned orders back into the system. In inventory, you would investigate items to verify that they match the item on the store website. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment and how to ask the right questions. The management and the co-workers were easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the pace. The most enjoyable part was the free lunch.
Pros
free lunches, great pay
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, fast paced
Fast paced environment where you can do a lot provided you deliver
GLOBAL VICE PRESIDENT OF MERCHANDISING (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2013
- Managed a team of 15 buyers
- Built a merchandising plan til May 2014
- Spent most of my time meeting with vendors, in the market, engaging at tradeshows...
- Learnt a lot on Merchandising
- Loved being able to buy at full price, working on the most curated assortments
Pros
Freedom in the work
Cons
Tons of work, never a break
Entrepreneur- Great Place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 4, 2013
I enjoyed working and owning my own business. Noting being a new business, understanding the customer feedback, comments, and loyalty were important. I would not change this experience for the world. It taught me how to be a better business person.
Pros
Business research and development
Cons
Market and economy driven due to being a luxury items and not necessities