Fabco Shoes Employee Reviews

Is a very excited
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJNovember 17, 2016
The best part of working at The retail store it was always a pleasure working with the Customers. Always being on right time at work helping each as employers.
Pros
half in hour
Cons
15 min break
interesting
FLOOR STAFF (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2016
this job is not for anything. employers would stay there all day writing reports and taking care of clients. as for the interns we did many fun and helpful activities.
Pros
learned profossinal skills
Cons
Cold inside during the summer
Obtained and received merchandise, Managing staff and work Schedules, opening/closing registers & establishment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fordham rd Bronx nyOctober 31, 2016
With any task I have ever encountered my goal is perfection and speed being my top priority. I believe in no job gets left undone. I value my clients, build relationships based on trust Most importantly I am open minded and always looking to grow and improve.
Good for experience, but they will treat you like working slaves.
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2016
This was my first job. The work experience was great, but the supervisors and directors abused their power way too often. You will be used and abused. They have cameras all over the store to spy on your movements, not for your safety. If you become an assistant manager or manager, the higher ups usually tend to belittle or blame you for things that went wrong or if certain work wasn't done. Equipment used over there is very old and needs to be updated. When asking for a raise, which is suppose to be after 1 year(25 cents more if you join the Union after 6 months)my old supervisor would give me the runaround. She would tell me to remind her on Mondays(every supervisor is there on Mondays, there is always a meeting that day) and I would try to remind her on Mondays, but she would never give in word. Overall, my experience at Fabco was great. You get an easy promotion, for example I went from part-time to full time to assistant manager to manager. Your coworkers are fun and they are easy to get along with. You learn a lot from them! The job in general is very easy to pick up, but after a while you started getting tired of the treatment you were getting.
Pros
good experience for first job, easy to get promotion
Cons
unfair treatment, easy to get the blame, many more
fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  84 09 Roosevelt Av. Jackson High, NYJuly 9, 2016
A typical day at work it depend all about the season at the time, if is winter time and also snow time it has to be a good day for businesses, when we were busy it better the day so, it the most enyotable part of the job.
Small and productive shoe store on a main street in irvington center.
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvington, NJFebruary 14, 2016
Fabco shoes is a good company for a person who stays in the area. It doesn't pay well and hours gets cut often.Break room area is awful. Bathroom is barely operational and has a serious dust problem. It is close to my home which is really convenient. The customers are very diverse and vocal. Great place to work if your in high school or for a first job.
Pros
close to home, plenty of mass transportation
Cons
wages, hours, and breakroom
loved retail
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJOctober 10, 2015
Enjoyed working with the customer and help them with what they need. very busy store. hardest the shoplifters. No cameras
Pros
Helping children find there first scholl shoes how excited they are
Cons
Unsupervise kids that can get hurt because the parents not watching them
fun and productive work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West New York, NJSeptember 18, 2015
job place not really safe shoes have fungus they just make us clean it and sell them like that managers don't get pay good for their job they have women lighting boxes over 75 pounds
Pros
nothing
Cons
worst pay unfair hours
Fun place to shop for lots of shoe options for everyone
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2015
Experience
Assisted store manager with retail store operations; opening/ closing, cash management, inventory control, profit & loss analysis, records analysis, records management, customers complaints, workplace safety, filled and directed marketing; emailing/mailing efforts. Responsible for over $10,000 of companies renew. Provided superior customer service using store policy/procedures and concisely exceeded sales goals.

Accomplishments:
•Achieved company targets by 85% following excellence in sales techniques
•Realized self-targets by 100% following merit in strategic sales planning and execution
•Reorganized the store inventory procedure by bringing in automated features and thus reducing the timeline of the inventory process
Productive and fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Union City, NJApril 16, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the day was helping the customers with their purchased. My co-workers were great and helpful as well.
Pros
Work a lot of hours
Cons
Short breaks and no health coverage
stressful and unprofessional
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West New York, NJSeptember 30, 2014
wouldnt work there again their very unprofessional not polite rude they take off your break even if you dont get the chance to take it
Pros
half off shoes
Cons
no breaks
Great place for advancment!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 31, 2014
If you are trustworthy and loyal, they will eventually give you a management position. There are many FabCo shoes. Its always a fun time. If only they had benefits, I would have stayed!
Ok place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Union City, NJMay 24, 2014
The co-workers were nice, the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers. healt
Cons
healthcare, short breaks, low pay
very productived
Manager (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 4, 2014
I enjoyed working at this company. when i first started working at this company I wasn't really sure of forming part of this company but through the time I found a second family because they really treat as part of their family.
Pros
every time we made the was very rewarded
Cons
not making the goal was good
to maximize my management skills and customer service
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2013
Fabco Shoes is a shoes store. I have been working this company for three years as a manager form one of their store.
Pros
good service
Cons
slow
Just bad
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 14, 2012
The company keep you as a part time so they don't have to give you benefits. They also have sometimes only have one person working so you need to wait hours before you can even use the restroom. The compensation it's bad... just a bad company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fabco Shoes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5