Fabco Shoes Employee Reviews

Fast pace but not that perfect job !!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 16, 2017
at first everything seems okay and nice but after that stressful job ,supervistor treat you as a machine and long hours ..
but it was quick pace and discount 50%.
i had a bad experiences with one of the co-worker she was like don't know nothing and don't know how to do the register as well as assistant manager g the register.
i don't recommended it to anyone.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
short break, a rude co-worker, low paid salary bad mangament
Stressful working conditions.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 1, 2017
It was stressful I would be in charge of the store by myself with one other employee it was dangerous due to a lot of thieves there was no camera in there and security. I was assistant manager,security guard,cashier,stock person. Not a good company at all.
productive
Cashier/sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 20, 2017
Overall rating is excellent
There isJob Work/Life Balance
No Compensation/Benefits
No Job Security/Advancement
Management was really excellent
Lots of Job Culture
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks
Poor Management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 10, 2017
Working in Fabco is easy but the management is very unprofessional. The General manager was a rude woman with no respect for employees or customers. .
Cons
short breaks
For starters or students looking for work/study balance.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Passaic, NJJune 7, 2017
Typical day was ok (customer service oriented), learned store retail policy and procedure. Management was poor and biased. Workplace culture was normal. Hardest part was not having steady hours. Did not enjoyed at all.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2017
Some of the high management does not take seriously the reviews or helpful tips the same employee give them. Although there were several at hand manager that were excellent in what they do. If they want you to learns something the way they do it then take at least 10 min a day to show it.
Pros
you learn a lot when you have the correct teacher.
Cons
short breaks and rude managers and owners.
Fun and exciting
Cashier/ Greeter (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NYMay 24, 2017
working in Fabco was a great start for me on shoes. Many go to a shoe store not knowing what they want, but with the training i received I was able to help. Fabco is an organized shoe store and its not hard to keep it that way. The manager took her time t o show me all the tricks and if I didn't get it at first she didn't get upset. Customers would come in with their kids and yes some would make messes and just leave, but I learned that, that's why I was there to help and to keep the store in great shape.
Costume service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 19, 2017
Fabco is about to make business and making money when people buy shoes when there nobody and is slow we make sure the store is clean and nice clean the windows put new shoes when we get a big shipments and what they like us to do is do a lot of costumes service all the time when people entre the store and tell them the BOG buy one and get one one 50% off of everything in the store
its okay
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, NYMarch 16, 2017
fabco its better for a teen to work and watch a store over not many benefits and not really a good way to progress further in the company its a local company
Pros
shoe discount
Cons
union
Workplaces.
Assistant Manager Retail (Current Employee) –  6709 18th avenueMarch 8, 2017
On every job i always do my best on the customer service in the best im always happy greeted customers, i enjoy my job every time, i dont have any complains beacause i always try to work as a team with all my co-workers. About my resposabilities. Im always active when i have to take care the customers and do merchandise or cash on the register, i always try to do everything fast, Organized and clean, and a good job. Im open to learn something new because i love new things. Im also very influent talking with the customers needs. I can be adapted to any place quickly.
It was not the best job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  86st bayparkwayDecember 28, 2016
I worked there for 3 weeks with no break 8 hours everyday . And i only got paid 100$ for each week i worked. Even tho it was a hard job amd im only 16 , im trying to save up money for college and support not only myself but my family. I stopped working due to family issues but i would workbthere again.
Is a very excited
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJNovember 17, 2016
The best part of working at The retail store it was always a pleasure working with the Customers. Always being on right time at work helping each as employers.
Pros
half in hour
Cons
15 min break
interesting
FLOOR STAFF (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2016
this job is not for anything. employers would stay there all day writing reports and taking care of clients. as for the interns we did many fun and helpful activities.
Pros
learned profossinal skills
Cons
Cold inside during the summer
Obtained and received merchandise, Managing staff and work Schedules, opening/closing registers & establishment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fordham rd Bronx nyOctober 31, 2016
With any task I have ever encountered my goal is perfection and speed being my top priority. I believe in no job gets left undone. I value my clients, build relationships based on trust Most importantly I am open minded and always looking to grow and improve.
Good for experience, but they will treat you like working slaves.
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2016
This was my first job. The work experience was great, but the supervisors and directors abused their power way too often. You will be used and abused. They have cameras all over the store to spy on your movements, not for your safety. If you become an assistant manager or manager, the higher ups usually tend to belittle or blame you for things that went wrong or if certain work wasn't done. Equipment used over there is very old and needs to be updated. When asking for a raise, which is suppose to be after 1 year(25 cents more if you join the Union after 6 months)my old supervisor would give me the runaround. She would tell me to remind her on Mondays(every supervisor is there on Mondays, there is always a meeting that day) and I would try to remind her on Mondays, but she would never give in word. Overall, my experience at Fabco was great. You get an easy promotion, for example I went from part-time to full time to assistant manager to manager. Your coworkers are fun and they are easy to get along with. You learn a lot from them! The job in general is very easy to pick up, but after a while you started getting tired of the treatment you were getting.
Pros
good experience for first job, easy to get promotion
Cons
unfair treatment, easy to get the blame, many more
fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  84 09 Roosevelt Av. Jackson High, NYJuly 9, 2016
A typical day at work it depend all about the season at the time, if is winter time and also snow time it has to be a good day for businesses, when we were busy it better the day so, it the most enyotable part of the job.
Small and productive shoe store on a main street in irvington center.
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvington, NJFebruary 14, 2016
Fabco shoes is a good company for a person who stays in the area. It doesn't pay well and hours gets cut often.Break room area is awful. Bathroom is barely operational and has a serious dust problem. It is close to my home which is really convenient. The customers are very diverse and vocal. Great place to work if your in high school or for a first job.
Pros
close to home, plenty of mass transportation
Cons
wages, hours, and breakroom
loved retail
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJOctober 10, 2015
Enjoyed working with the customer and help them with what they need. very busy store. hardest the shoplifters. No cameras
Pros
Helping children find there first scholl shoes how excited they are
Cons
Unsupervise kids that can get hurt because the parents not watching them
fun and productive work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West New York, NJSeptember 18, 2015
job place not really safe shoes have fungus they just make us clean it and sell them like that managers don't get pay good for their job they have women lighting boxes over 75 pounds
Pros
nothing
Cons
worst pay unfair hours
Fun place to shop for lots of shoe options for everyone
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2015
Experience
Assisted store manager with retail store operations; opening/ closing, cash management, inventory control, profit & loss analysis, records analysis, records management, customers complaints, workplace safety, filled and directed marketing; emailing/mailing efforts. Responsible for over $10,000 of companies renew. Provided superior customer service using store policy/procedures and concisely exceeded sales goals.

Accomplishments:
•Achieved company targets by 85% following excellence in sales techniques
•Realized self-targets by 100% following merit in strategic sales planning and execution
•Reorganized the store inventory procedure by bringing in automated features and thus reducing the timeline of the inventory process