Fabick Cat Employee Reviews

Good
Mechanic/Welder (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 23, 2016
Have worked her as a mechanic, and welder. During that time I have had many opportunities to learn and gain experience through the tasks that I was required to preform.
Terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 24, 2016
This is a horrible company to work for. Some of the employee's are nice and some of the employee's get away with everything. I have never seen a company that the employee's work harder at getting out of work than the work that they are required to do. Service manager knows nothing about running the service department, a micromanager. Can not go to HR for anything, remember they do work for the company, can not move around in the company to learn a different job. Can't ask questions, right away you have a target on your back. Benefits are okay, pay is good.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, but that has gone down hill also
Cons
Management and HR
FABICK CAT - Good work environment & great benefits
Industrial/OEM Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 6, 2016
The service technicians were excellent to work with. I learned to coordinate closely with them to complete projects on time. The work environment allowed me the freedom to work efficiently with minimal oversight. My co-workers were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The most difficult aspect of the job was scheduling and the logistics associated with the timely arrival of third party vendor components. The most enjoyable detail of the job was creating new items to meet customer needs.
Very productive and enjoyed daily challance's
Store, /Parts and Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJuly 4, 2016
Great place to work and enjoyed the experience. Great bunch of people. Gave me great training in management and the chance to use my skills.
Pros
great trainning and people
Cons
business based on coal mining
Good people BUT Upper Management and HR Generalist
Office (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOJune 29, 2016
As far as the people go, there are a lot of great people that are awesome to work with and helpful and I am friends with. Fabick claims "we are a family" but that couldn't be further from the truth. They are the typical corporate through and through. They have grown so much that their is no loyalty and it doesn't matter if you worked their 3 yrs or 38 yrs..they will release you. The upper and senior management and HR generalist are the ABSOLUTE worst. HR works for the company so don't bother going to them with and issue or complaint about inappropriate behavior by management or anything else because nothing will be done to help the employee. HR has the HIGHEST turn over in the company because of the HR generalist..(make you question some things). I love my job duties and the people I work with but the Upper / Senior Management and HR make it a Terrible place to work. The pay is decent but the benefits are not the good and family medical coverage no longer can include your spouse..? I would gather as much information before making a decision.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
All levels of Management, HR Dept & employees, Benefits
Intern
IS Support Intern (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 16, 2016
I was an Intern so my ratings may not be the same as a full time employee. Overall It wasn't awful working here but I was forced to look for another job after about 6 months.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No room for Advancement
Blount Orthopedic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 30, 2016
Great place to work. Management was good. People were good. Enjoyed working with the customers. Something new everyday. Only issue was there was no job advancement
Great place to work with good pay and benefits.
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 5, 2016
Enjoyable place to work with good pay and benefits. Starting to become more of a corporate feel with more rules, regulations and HR involvement.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Corporate feel
Internship
Technical Support - Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOApril 28, 2015
Fabick is a great place to get a start into the IT field. As an IT intern you help support the 600+ employees at Fabick. It's a large enough company to keep you busy, but small enough to allow you to work in multiple IT fields. The majority of the job is answering phone calls and managing the ticket system, but you also get to work with hardware and software.
Pros
Learn a lot.
Fabick CAT
IT Co-Op (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MONovember 25, 2014
Help Desk position. Worked the ticketing system ensuring that all tickets were being handled. Management is great, the company values itself as a family company and this is evident among everyone that works there.
good people, very bad management
Office employee (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOSeptember 29, 2014
there's good people that work there.

However, the senior management & ownership have lost respect for the folks that are working for them. They say we're a big family, but that couldnt be further from the truth.

Best piece of advice, don't seek employment there.
Pros
the people (not senior managers)
Cons
the senior managers
Fabick Cat
Trailer Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 17, 2013
It's a ok place to work at..Computer Knowledge, Parts and Service management, Service Estimation, Work orders,
Billing, Shipping and receiving, Shop Foreman, Managed others, Parts ordering,
Innovatory control, Sales, Time and Payroll, Customer Relations and
Knowledgeable with diesel engines.
Great company values
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOMay 28, 2013
Fabick CAT is all about "To Ever Serve Our Customer's Better" and they make it apparent that that's something to live day in and day out too and I try to follow that in and outside of work.
Pros
Free Merchandise
Cons
Benefits were okay.
Heavy equipment repair and maintenance
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 13, 2012
The company is great to work for.
I still have several friends at the Joplin branch.
Great family owned company with excellent pay and benefits
Sales, Outside Rental Rep, Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJuly 17, 2012
I loved working at Fabick, they had a great group of employee's working with you at all times helping you!
Beware
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  missouriJuly 5, 2012
Double standard, upper management lives by the golden rule, point fingers and blame, they do not represent what they preach. Listen carefully to what they say, and then watch thier action for the two will not match.
Pros
employees, direct managers hold solid values
Cons
upper management double standards
Good pay, bad management.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 15, 2012
Good pay, good benefits, very technical position. Never know when your job will be gone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fabick Cat. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5