We are seeking a full time Accounting and Systems Business Analyst for our business located in Irvine, California. This position is primarily responsible for assessing and maintaining the needs of the end users and formulating solutions and continuous process through the use MAS500 and other financial applications; and supporting the accounting and finance departments financial reporting requests and reporting maintenance. Individual should have a minimum of five years’ experience and demonstrate an understanding of the issues relevant to the software modules that will be supported including MAS500, FAS and FRX and Renovo. The individual should also demonstrate an understanding of general business processes, including accounting, distribution, manufacturing and sales; be well organized, multi-task oriented; be able to follow and apply corporate policy. The right individual will be a self-starter with attention to details, as well as understanding the needs of a growing business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and develop financial reporting in FRx, Renovo, MAS and FAS or other financial reporting software
- Work closely with IT to develop and distribute production reporting in the Data warehouse
- Prepare and distribute daily sales flash and provide updates to monthly sales estimate
- Process daily, weekly, month end financial system related activity and reporting, when requested, including but not limited to, sales reports, financial reports and budget uploads.
- Distribute monthly/annual financial information to subsidiaries where required
- Maintain integrity of and create new financial reports in reporting software
- Analyze and document business processes and requirements, while working with end users to design, configure, test and deploy new functionality or workflow within the current accounting software or other support software.
- Provide end user support, trouble-shoot and resolve user issues in a timely manner, document steps taken to do so and ensure customer satisfaction at the user and executive level.
- Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of software.
- Monitor and suggest data collection, workflow and reporting procedures for efficiency and optimization.
- Develop reports to meet the requirements of management and staff.
- Assist in the review of integrity reports and reconciling imbalances when required.
- Set up and maintain accounting software ensuring proper setup and appropriate security based on Company policy and proper segregation of duties.
- Participate in projects having requirements which impact the finance and accounting functionality or business processes.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new software, upgrades or modifications
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
- Test, evaluate and install accounting software upgrades/new releases, ensuring that the Company stay current with all of the latest releases.
- Act as primary liaison between the Company and the accounting software vendor and related business partners to maximize software capabilities as they related to business processes.
- Act as in-house expert on accounting software use by reading technical manuals, conferring with users, software vendors and business partners, and conduct system evaluations to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
- Refer major software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Read trade magazines and technical manuals, and attend conferences and seminars to maintain knowledge of hardware and software.
BS in Accounting, Business Administration or Computer Science or equivalent;
Excellent understanding of ERP fundamentals and tools;
Minimum of five years of experience;
Demonstrates an understanding of the issues relevant to the software modules that will be supported;
Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies;
Excellent communication skills and customer service orientation;
Well organized, multi-task oriented, be able to follow and apply corporate policy;
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite;
Experience with the SAGE MAS500 or MAS200 suite applications or equivalent software is required:
Experience with the following applications is desired:
FAS (Fixed Asset Software)
FRX, Renovo or other consolidation reporting software;
Some travel may be required.