Fabrication Employee Reviews

Production
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MAJune 18, 2017
Is a fun and energetic enviorement great staff that always looks out for one another.very consistant with the amount of work that is recieved on a daily basis.
Empleo ambiente
En lo que sea (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 25, 2017
Me gusta trabajar soy responsable trabajo a cualquiera ora
various opportunities
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Spring Lake, MIApril 20, 2017
working with a lot of new a different machines. My co workers were easy to get along with. And they motivated me whole term working for this company. Many opportunities
Fantastic learning opportunites on diverse processes
Manufacturing Capacity Planner (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 17, 2017
Amazing manufacturing capabilities, from vintage metal shaping and forming methods, to some of the latest manufacturing technologies. Also much to learn about factory logistics, and managing priorities through capacity analysis, workload forecasting, and manpower and equipment loading.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Long days and weeks
productive
ASSEMBLY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 17, 2017
A good place to work if you are willing to work hard and pay attention to detail. Breaks and Lunch Breaks are a but short but easy to manage, typical 9-5 job
Job with lots of opions for advancment
Lean Trainer (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 8, 2017
Overall fab creates a good overall set of good work skills that can be used at work as well as away from work. You get to see many things created from nothing into something used in assemblies.
sign work
Painter (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNMarch 29, 2017
typical sign production work for real estate clients site signs and for sale sign etc. Tasks were painting fabrication and vinyl application, typical to most sign type work creativity was medium at best
Pros
great managment
Cons
long drive
Rewarding work place
Lead at the Facility (Current Employee) –  Urbana, OHMarch 12, 2017
I have been employed by Honeywell for about 19 years. Its has been a good place to work for the local folks. I have advanced from an operator on the floor to a Manager running the fabrication facility.
REMEDY STAFF (Former Employee) –  Dade City, FLMarch 6, 2017
I enjoy working for this company i was straight out of high school, moved to tampa when i started this job. They trained very well and everything was professional.
Well kept factory with friendly co-workers
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 27, 2017
Norva Plastics was a decent work experience over all. It introduced me to slightly more intensive physical labor than I had been used to which I feel was good for me. The owner however seemed to show a lack of respect/care for the factory workers and heavily favored those who worked in the office with him which I felt was unfair. I really enjoyed the projects they had me do and I appreciate that it gave me an opportunity to get familiar with power tools as well as heavy machinery.
Pros
local, non-repetitive work
Cons
slow business, physically demanding
Steep Learning Curve
National Student Steel Bridge Competition, AISC (Current Employee) –  College StationFebruary 24, 2017
I had a steep learning curve while working with Tata Consulting engineers. I learnt how consulting firm works and understood the practical approach towards designing.

The work involved designing and detailing work. I also got the opportunity to resolve to the queries of clients and help them get a solution.

Management was supportive but I felt the inter departmental issues could have been solved better to reduce the time taken for a project.

The hardest part of the job is convincing the clients of the design and avoiding rework. The best part and the enjoyable part of the job is finding alternative solutions.
Enjoyable, but work was slow.
Master Welder (Fabrication)/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 25, 2017
Great place to work. Awesome, productive staff,and management was good. The only problem was that we weren't getting enough projects in.
productive
Employee (Former Employee) –  Weidman, MISeptember 21, 2016
typical fabrication job. cnc machine work and benders in and out in 10 hrs. long night and short days nothing much going on in this factory
Great place to build career and character
Chief (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEAugust 20, 2016
When I started out at Chief Fabrication I began on the bottom rung as a material cleaner. This meant 8 hours a day of handling a grinder and wire wheel grinder. It was tough work but as I progressed I kept moving up and learning more. Now I am not only a welder there but head of the robotic weld arm division. The staff and management were very beneficial in making this a reality for me.
Fast paced environment made difficult by untrained management
Project Manager for Mobile Services (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 18, 2016
Calling customers to determine needs, discussing pricing and services. Making appointments, going to customers homes to measure for new products and assess what they will need. Processing payments, ordering products, and working with vendors to build a relationship. Ensure all invoices and payments are filed properly. Delivering sales orders to purchasing. Upon receipt of product, ensure accuracy of order, and call customer to set up an install date
Pros
Able to set my own schedule
Cons
Management not well trained.Very little employee appreciation
Family oriented, small shop atmosphere
Custom Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Waupaca, WIJune 12, 2016
i loved this job. Each day showing up to work I got to customize products anything from a 10 min job to a large week long job and it was fabricating and welding from ground up using just the blueprints.I would grind, drill, tap, bend and cut all my own material.it was a small shop where we all worked together and the management was very good and let us do our own thing as long as we stayed productive.
Pros
fast days, own boss, small shop
Cons
low wage for what we did, no home life put many long weeks in
I Like Working For Them HR Was Great Q.C.Was The Best.
hydro technicians Digital Recorders/Chart Recorder (Former Employee) –  Casper Wyoming.April 20, 2016
Not @ This Time.I Learned A Great Deal From Q.C.Great Bunch Of Employees To Work With.Hardest Part Of Job Was Leaving I Really Enjoyed Just Being There And Being Apart Of A Great Team.
Managemnet and culture
Quality Technician (a.g) (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, OHJanuary 23, 2016
The atmosphere and culture there were great and management allows you to implement your vision and ideas. Employees would be rewarded for any process improvement and personal goals. It was a fun workplace to be at every moment of your day.
Pros
Paid well and great team spirit environment.
Cons
unstable market for products
Productive exciting workplace with great teams.
Lead FARO Tech / Machine Fitter (Former Employee) –  Vanport, PAOctober 3, 2015
Great diversified workforce with many skills working in harmony of each other. Formerly KMA Manufacturing, newly acquired by Esmark/Excalibur Machine was a great place for growth of a company. In the year that they owned the company it was quirky at first but bugs were being worked out and was turning into a smooth operating company with great potential.
Pros
Great work hrs 6 am to 2pm paid lunch
Cons
Lacking Engineering force to speed up shop fabrication times.
Productive and fun work place with great break room pool table included
Welder (Former Employee) –  Centerline Rd, St Croix 00820, U.S. Virgin IslandsApril 20, 2015
Typical day at Charles Welding Shop would be a great day design, fabricate, weld and custom metal work like grills, smokers and flower stands. Fabricate and weld windows bars, door bars, yard gates, trailers, security gates. Measure and cut material according to drawings and blue prints. Owner and co-workers friendly. Always looks out for each other and makes sure all projects are completed.
Pros
Free lurch, on time breaks periods
Cons
Need more benefits, healthcare