Over a million developers rely on Facebook technologies to grow their apps and websites. Our small, fast-fast moving team is responsible for launching new developer products and driving mass adoption.
The Platform team
We believe that the social graph has the potential to dramatically improve the web, mobile apps, and real world experiences. We’re passionate about helping developers build businesses and making Facebook better for our users.
Product marketing at Facebook
This role is both highly strategic and hands-on tactical. We’re looking for product marketing managers that can execute flawless product launches and define the positioning and strategy necessary to achieve our goals. PMMs must deeply understand our products, so they can provide feedback and create content for launches.
The perfect match
The successful candidate must have experience developing and managing product marketing programs in a fast-paced internet company. He or she must thrive with cross-functional teams and have the technical skills required to market to a developer audience.
- Plan and lead successful product launches
- Coordinate and manage cross-functional teams (including public relations, design, product, and engineering stakeholders) to deliver world-class product marketing communications
- Develop strategic positioning for key products based on market assessment, quantitative analysis and understanding of the broader Facebook ecosystem
- Drive product adoption and usage rates through scalable marketing programs and launch support
- Author developer-facing communication, such as blog posts and best practices
- Develop and drive programs to frame and track competitive landscape, understand target markets and identify market insights to inform product strategies and go-to-market activities
- Support the outbound marketing team in the development of tools and resources for current and prospective partners, developers, press, spokespeople and sales teams
- BA/BS degree or equivalent. Masters experience is a plus
- 5+ years professional experience in Product Marketing or Product Management in Internet and/or technology (consumer or B2B)
- Experience partnering with Product Management and Engineering organizations
- Comfortable communicating to a technical audience
- Strong analytical ability and outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Sharp eye for detail and proven project management skills
- Keen ability to translate complexity into simple and intuitive communications
- Comfort with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment
This is a full-time position based at headquarters in Menlo Park, CA.