Facilities Management Employee Reviews

everything breaks
Lead Maintenance Services Mechanic (Former Employee), CAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Retirement
Cons: Not much training
Check building for repairs, check in with building contacts to find out if there are any problems to address. check and change lights and ballasts, check and record air temperatures. PM HVAC equipment for proper operation.plumbing repairs. clear cloggged drains, work on locks as needed. assign work tasks to employees. meet with management about duties preformed and address concerns with safety. review work tasks and summit them on the computer. best part of the job was customer service.
Working at M.D.Anderson
M.D. Anderson (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 14, 2015
Pros: good medical ins.
Cons: Extremely poor manegement
A typical day working at M.D.Anderson is extremely stressful.There is too much work on one person.The company states that they are compassionate ,but not in the housekeeping department.
working with teamates and vets
Janitorial (Former Employee), Leeds, MAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: helping vets
Cons: can't do certain things to help vets more
Get to work on time, get are instructions and places to work, get your ppe, talk with whom are working with and solve the issues for the day.
Fun place to work
Caretaker/Sexton (Former Employee), Westfield, NJMay 17, 2015
Pros: Festivals
Cons: None
Working for a Church was fun, especially handling the night school 2 days a week and Sunday school. The parents, Kids, and teachers were all so special, just like a big family.

Loved woking the Church during Weddings, Baptisms, Funerals and Sermon

The staff at the Church was superb
Excellent employer with wonderful employee and great team work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Carlsbad, NMApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and salary
The day begins with a brief staff meeting where the Facilities Director and I issue work orders to the maintenance and grounds keeping crews. After they dispurse, I review the Facilities Director's schedule for the day. Throughout the day, I greet internal and external customers either in person or on the telephone and provide appropriate information. I also review and respond to a wide range of email requests. If the request is beyond my scope, I ensure they are in touch with the appropriate department. I prepare purchase order requests, verify and code invoices. Additionally, I place orders for various supplies as requested. On a weekly/monthly basis, I reconcile our department's purchase cards. I ensure policy is adhered to at all times. I prepare bi-weekly timesheets. I assist the Facilities Director in establishing budget requests for the new fiscal year as well as manage the budget throughout the year to ensure our department stays within guidelines. I have participated in the review of Proposals for architectural services for new construction. In addition, I have been on several interview panels.

I have gained a wealth of information regarding budget management. In addition, I've learned much in regards to records management.

The most difficult part of this position was the initial start up. As I was the first employee in this position, it took some time for the Director to pass on responsibilites to me. As his trust in my abilities increased, my days have become full and satisfying.

For the past 8 months, I have had the pleasure of working with a wonderful group of people. I have found it to be a great pleasure providing support to my supervisor, staff, and the community.
Supervisor of second shift facilities crew
Facilities (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 21, 2015
supervised second shift clean up crew. responsible for presidents office area and also the total lock up and security for the university.
Fun, good place to work as a student at UIC
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2015
Set up for athletic events, take out trash of athletic facilities. You learn a lot about the behind the scenes of athletic events and management of facilities. Co-workers are other students just like you .Hardest part of the job is setting up for outside events in winter.
Most enjoyable is getting to watch all the athletic events while on the clock.
Friendly
Security Guard (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2014
Very friendly work environment but I work more then I would like to get paid.
Nice place to work
Coordinator (Current Employee), Mount Clemens, MINovember 13, 2014
Very busy, fast paced, challenging, never the same day twice. Small town feel, everyone knows everyone.
Good facilities management & support services team to work with
DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Crown Point, IndianaOctober 31, 2014
Pros: exceptional staff, proximity to residence
Cons: healthcare in general is focusing on doing more with less, our service re-embersables keep decreasing, this is always a challenge.
My personal day started at approximately 5:30 a.m. in the morning being in my off at that approximate time. Had 32 staff reporting to me with my responsibilities over maintenance, security, housekeeping, laundry, grounds and safety.

Had 4 different executive directors in 5 1/2 years with each having their own management style.

Staff reporting to me were mostly very good and a team that I had built in my tenure here.

The difficult part of this particular work site is coordinated staffing due to the size of this campus and the flexibility needed with independent living residents, assisted living residents and the 155 bed skilled care nursing facility.

Having individual residents coming up to me thanking me for a particular service, and/or kindness that myself or my team provided them.
Opportunity to manage a large facility in Manhattan
Senior Director (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: close to central park for walks.
Cons: extreamly under staffed.
Typical healthcare management day, hit the ground running with a large number of direct reports and several departments to coordinate. Plenty of opportunity to learn in an extremely large Manhattan based campus with dated infrastructure and a large diversity of business units, ranging from long-term and sub-acute care to a large dialysis center. My co-workers are hardworking and educated for the most part, ranging from the well seasoned consummate professional to the newly appointed ready to please college graduate. The constant fluctuation of budgets and reimbursement for long term healthcare facilities and a severely deteriorating infrastructure, make for a challenging work environment and difficult to obtain positive customer/patient satisfaction. I enjoy my staff, their willingness to adapt and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
The university is a nice place to work ,everyone is like family.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2014
Pros: class act awards
Seeing and talking with patient
Manage all The clinic when it come to cleanness
Oversea 32 employees ,learn something everyday in this field
Projects getting it done by the dead line,
Getting a complaint from a client.
Coming to work to do what I do.
Great working hours
Sr Building Maintenance Repairer (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJune 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Every day was different. Small group and worked alone mostly
Encouraging atmosphere and fun work zone
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Saint Bonifacius, MNJune 4, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: little hours
This position was a student work study position thus I was only given 2 hours of work every weekday. A typical day consisted of grabbing materials and cleaning supplies to take out trash, clean classrooms, clean windows and bathrooms. The management team are very friendly and will help you if you have any questions. Other student co-workers were friendly and hard working with some occasions of very apathetic co workers. The hardest part of the job was balancing time and for work and school. The most enjoyable part of this job was the encouraging staff and management team.
Facilities Management
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 19, 2014
Pros: kind supervisors
Cons: short breaks, no formal training from supervisor
It was fun, and I learned a lot about filing work orders and handling phones.
Tense enviroment
Administrative Secertary (Current Employee), Racine ;WIApril 14, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: no job security
No job security, enjoyable co-workers, interesting work,
Enjoying working with various personalities
Interesting work place
Manager of Administrative Services (Former Employee), Evanston, ILFebruary 25, 2014
This job was heavely concentrated on Accounting and was a great learning experience for me.
dirty job
Exhaust Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 15, 2014
only recommend if you are single. there is a lot of time away from your family with-out compensation
Productive Challenging, always learning
Associate Director (Former Employee), Danville, KYFebruary 3, 2014
Learning something new everyday
the most enjoyable part of the job: getting people to laugh. Feeling I gave a good job performance for the day
Facilities Management
Electrician (Current Employee), Springfield, MAJanuary 22, 2014
I have earned several new certifications and received several types of training. We are always busy with no downtime.