Facilities Management Employee Reviews in United States

I love my job.
Program Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Haven, CTMay 6, 2016
I really enjoy working for the Common good of taking care of Veterans because it was people that took care of us when we were home. They would fight for our freedom!
My Co-workers feel the same way as well as the work that I do is well worth every difficult situation I run into.
a typical day at work
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 8, 2016
help with customers staying in communication with supervisors. know what was expected and made sure stayed in contact with customers and building a report ordering and repairing items.
Pros
early morning
Cons
distance driving
Being Professionally challenged
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 24, 2015
I have 25 years of enginering experience in utility system design, construction management, maintenance and commissioning. I have 10 years experience in energy management and retro commissioning. I have been in personnel management since 1995 and enjoy working with and around people. I am very well spoken and self motivated and always up for a challenge.
Pros
variety
Cons
extended travel
Environmental Health and Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  In an officesJune 2, 2016
The job starts early and always with different tasks and always an adventure. Company is now part of DaVita medical Group.
Servicing and maintenance of USAF cargo aircraft.
Senior Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wake Island, HIDecember 5, 2015
Typical start of day's work is preparing aircraft for flight, preflight and postflight inspections, fuel sample check, documents updated, aircraft cleanliness. Refuelling as required, turnaround inspection, and fault rectification as required.
Pros
Gained lot of experience working on fixed wing aircrafts.
Cons
Working away from home.
Job Experience
Plano ISD Dean of Students/Assistant Principal (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 2, 2016
This job provided me with ongoing daily learning opportunities. I was also able to see superior modeling of expectations and quick application of practiced skills.
Great Place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Socorro, NMMarch 23, 2016
I loved working here. Pay was a little bit lower than I wouldve liked but everyone was always friendly. The environment was great.
Awesome place
Sales Fragrance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 25, 2016
Great doctors and even better people!! I had such a great experience working here. I learned alot and was able to bring those skills to my next job.
Professional and productive environment
Office Manager/Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 13, 2015
Overall, this is a fantastic, employee appreciated fun, professional and pleasant environment. Team is truly professional, willing and unconditional - one wants to go to work instead of 'have to go to work'.
Pros
Inviting place to work
Cons
Not enough places like this
Good working environment
Principal Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Typical day can be busy. I learned more about diversity and cultural differences. This job can be challenging to manage but is good experience.
Pros
Family atmosphere
everything breaks
Lead Maintenance Services Mechanic (Former Employee) –  CAAugust 17, 2015
Check building for repairs, check in with building contacts to find out if there are any problems to address. check and change lights and ballasts, check and record air temperatures. PM HVAC equipment for proper operation.plumbing repairs. clear cloggged drains, work on locks as needed. assign work tasks to employees. meet with management about duties preformed and address concerns with safety. review work tasks and summit them on the computer. best part of the job was customer service.
Pros
Retirement
Cons
Not much training
Project Management Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hawaii, LaieSeptember 10, 2015
I was able to learn to conduct cost analysis for every project that we wanted to conduct on campus. I worked closely with the Director of Facilities in BYUH to minimize cost and build projects that will benefit the school.
Pros
High experience level
Cons
less pay
productive work environment
Divisional Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2015
Fast pace with positive out comes, many great opportunities to show individual skill set and knowledge as Director of Facilities Management
Pros
great work environment
Productive / educational job
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDSeptember 20, 2015
It was a great experience as my first internship. I was able to apply what I learned in the classroom and use to to my job. As well as learn new things that I could use in my future classes and jobs.
Working at M.D.Anderson
M.D. Anderson (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2015
A typical day working at M.D.Anderson is extremely stressful.There is too much work on one person.The company states that they are compassionate ,but not in the housekeeping department.
Pros
good medical ins.
Cons
Extremely poor manegement
Fun place to work
Caretaker/Sexton (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJMay 17, 2015
Working for a Church was fun, especially handling the night school 2 days a week and Sunday school. The parents, Kids, and teachers were all so special, just like a big family.

Loved woking the Church during Weddings, Baptisms, Funerals and Sermon

The staff at the Church was superb
Pros
Festivals
Cons
working with teamates and vets
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Leeds, MAJuly 9, 2015
Get to work on time, get are instructions and places to work, get your ppe, talk with whom are working with and solve the issues for the day.
Pros
helping vets
Cons
can't do certain things to help vets more
Fun, good place to work as a student at UIC
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2015
Set up for athletic events, take out trash of athletic facilities. You learn a lot about the behind the scenes of athletic events and management of facilities. Co-workers are other students just like you .Hardest part of the job is setting up for outside events in winter.
Most enjoyable is getting to watch all the athletic events while on the clock.
Very metric driven organization.
Deputy Public Works Officer (Former Employee) –  North Potomac, MDJuly 10, 2014
A typical day included attending meetings, resolving technical problems and developing department guidelines. With a reduction in staff my co-workers have adapted fairly well to the continuous workload but less personnel to perform the work. The hardest part of of the job was trying to get buy in for streamlining and process improvement. The most enjoyable part was learning from various people within the organization, traning employees and being able to influence at least a small amount of effective change for the department.
Encouraging atmosphere and fun work zone
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Saint Bonifacius, MNJune 4, 2014
This position was a student work study position thus I was only given 2 hours of work every weekday. A typical day consisted of grabbing materials and cleaning supplies to take out trash, clean classrooms, clean windows and bathrooms. The management team are very friendly and will help you if you have any questions. Other student co-workers were friendly and hard working with some occasions of very apathetic co workers. The hardest part of the job was balancing time and for work and school. The most enjoyable part of this job was the encouraging staff and management team.
Pros
n/a
Cons
little hours

4.3