Factory Expo Homes Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Fun Place to Work
Homes Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCSeptember 18, 2017
Very Fun place to work. Management and co-workers were great. Everyone helped each other make money. A lot of phone calls have to be made and a lot of appointments. I was just in a bad spot in my life.
Beware of the General Mgr. in Ocala
Office (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 14, 2017
This Manager is not qualified to be in management.
He treats people with total disrespect,
Has an exploding temper over smallest things.
Acts all sweet and nice to your face when he wants to, but then stabs everyone in the back. He puts on the "nice" act, but he is just the opposite.He loves to talk DOWN to you and anyone he can.
No matter how good you are, you will not like working for this narcissistic individual.
He breaks almost every HR rule in the book.
Trust me.
August 21, 2017

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback, thank you.

We have shared your review with management and are currently investigating this matter. If you would like to share additional information, email us at social@factoryexpohomes.com.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or concerns.

-- Factory Expo Home Centers

Long hours, low pay
Sales (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 24, 2017
Not really any training. Leads are stolen and fought about, too much drama. Paid a small salary for a few months than strict commission. Work hours are long. I was told we would have alternate weekends which was not true. If you want to lie to customers and raise your salary you have to push additional products and raise the price on everything , including the shipping price of each home to make a living. Training was all about the managers egos. It is possible to make six figures if you want to lie to customers and inflate prices on each home. It felt more like the "car business" than the home business. Too much drama with some of the other sales staff about the leads. I made less than $7,000 in 3 months time for 50-60 hours a week! In the short time I was there my family suffered with the long work hours I was putting in and the drama in the office. It was not worth it, so I walked.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Low pay
May 23, 2017

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback.

As you know, employee education is critical. After receiving recent feedback, we have completely overhauled our training program, now in full force.

Your mention of “lead stealing” is alarming. We take this and all feedback very seriously and are currently investigating. If you have specific examples you can provide, please email them to social@factoryexpohomes.com.

We sincerely apologize. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything else.

-- Factory Expo Home Centers

high stress . low pay , lack of training , total commission, high turnover
Licensed/Home sales (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXFebruary 5, 2015
They advertise this job as 60,000. to 120,000 per year. You get a base pay for the first three months and then it is total commission.
Most do not make it to the 2nd month. Extremely high turnover.
Pros
nice customers, ok hours
Cons
high employee turnover, total commission, lack of upper manangment
May 23, 2017

Hello,

Thanks for your review. In response to recent feedback, we have completely revised our training program and the new agenda is up and running.

We have taken note of your feedback on compensation and will use it to evaluate our current and future packages.

Best of luck to you and your future endeavors.

--Factory Expo Home Centers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Factory Expo Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2