Factory Motor Parts

Factory Motor Parts Employee Reviews

Did not enjoy my time at FMP.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJune 24, 2015
Pros: Cookies once a months.
Cons: Pay is terrible with Expensive health care
Department expects a lot from you, too much paper work, manager is never satisfied with what you do, find faults but never acknowledge what you have achieved. Would yell at you and think it's Ok to do so. Co-workers would report you to management who listens, then you get Chewed out. So glad I am no longer there.
FMP let me grow and helped me get to where I wanted to go.
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 12, 2015
Pros: learning to be in charge and having that much reponsiblity
Cons: Salary
My last title there was Dispatcher but it really I did everything for this warehouse. I would even act as manger when he would take leave. I knew the ins and out better than most people gave me credit for in my time there at FMP. I would things like pull a gasoline app on my phone to find the cheapest places to by fuel for our drivers, My drivers always left the warehouse with correct parts and on time. I would double check each part that left our warehouse so that the customer could get their cars fixed in a timely manor. I did not want the shops to blame us for them not getting their cars out in time. I also held weekly safety and driver meetings so that we could discuss any issues. I batch all the orders that came in for the day. I opened and closed our warehouse on a daily basis.
Wonderful company to work for!
Inside Sales Lead (Former Employee), Kent, WAJune 10, 2015
Great company to work for, highly recommended if you are interested in the Automotive parts field. Training and the people are what make this company great!
Great people
Project Manager (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJune 5, 2015
Pros: The variety of challenges.
Cons: Middle management accountability.
Managing a variety of building constructive and repair projects nationally. Scheduling Estimating, Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting,.
communicating and documenting for growth.
unstable
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee), Eagan, MNMay 28, 2015
I was hired for a 6 month contract to hire and they let me go after 3 months. The training is horrible. You get 10 minutes with each person and they expect you to pick it up immediately.
Need to work through some growing pains.
Manager, FVP Product Development (Former Employee), Eagan, MNMay 11, 2015
This company has a tremendous amount of great people but suffers from some severe growing pains. Family run business that presents a unique set of challenges.
Laid back atmosphere
LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Eagan, MNMay 6, 2015
Pros: Free sporting tickets
Cons: People will throw you under the bus first chance they get
Your coworkers are great. The company lets you run with all sorts of ideas and you are constantly working on projects. Seems to have some high turnover and shuffling of departments
best years I had
Warehouse-Dispatcher (Former Employee), Henderson, NVMay 1, 2015
Pros: working everyday
Cons: medical benefits
Working for the company was an experience that I became very well attached. My mentors were there to help me out in every way. Even teaching me new things with the change of the times. Working in the warehouse was very challenging, moving products, getting new products in and taking some out, But over all, I had a great experience with the company and good memories. Those I will cherish.
driving around
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAApril 5, 2015
get to work, grab work truck and parts. then drive around delivering parts to customers. very easy and helped pay for school tuition.
Company was great
Logistics specialist (Former Employee), Eagan, MNMarch 13, 2015
Company was great, truly care about their employees. Management is up front with you and will try to help you get better. Very little politics involved in the work place.
No Respect, No Raises
Operations (Current Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: can't think of anything
Cons: to many to list!!
Avoid EVER working for FMP. I needed a job and took one when offered, I wish now I would have waited and taken something better. The people you work with are ok but management is another story. There are NO raises. Budgets get cut every year to insure that the employees remain poor, the working poor. Working conditions, you will be on your feet the whole time unless you are a driver. If you are in sales they will cater to you. If you are in a warehouse or a driver you are treated like scum. Don't expect anything more. Odd since drivers are the first hand contact with customers on a daily basis!!
A Good Stepping Stone Job
Dispatcher/Back-up Driver (Current Employee), Roseville, MNFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: the hours i work are nice. our gm is smart, reliable, and knowledgeable about our company
Cons: healthcare is expensive through their package. wages are lower than most places doing the same job.
Factory Motor Parts has been a good stepping stone in my life. It's provided me with employment to help me keep my family in our home.
A typical day at work has me arriving at 9:30 in the morning. I begin by seeing what orders need to be pulled, asking our GM what the early part of the morning has been like, and getting ready to dispatch out the drivers I have on hand on routes to our customers. I then handle pulling orders, answering phone calls, and dealing with the day to day filing of paperwork.
The hardest part of the job for me as I get older, is the physicality of lifting batteries, rotors, and larger axles. The most enjoyable? The feeling of knowing that I'm helping a customer get their customers back on the road by getting the parts to them in a timely fashion.
This is a good job for young people willing to do hard work for a fair wage. Look at it as a stepping stone to where you want to be next.
Wonderful job but NOT FAIR AT ALL
Delivery driver (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNFebruary 3, 2015
They do not care about updating their GPS system and they fired me because THEIR GPS did not work (it was not updated just once when was installed)
temp. moved up, nice place to work
parts receiver (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 29, 2015
started as temp.to clean, got hired for as a receiver. nice mangers and co-workers. platy of breaks. the hardest part was some parts was heavy.
Parts driver and fun work environment
Driver (Current Employee), Tinley Park, ILJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: the people were amazing basically family
Cons: healthcare, benefits, pay
On typical day at work for me I would drive to dealerships or smaller car mechanic shops and deliver parts that they ordered to them. I loved this job so much because of the people, they became more of a family to me. The hours were good I asked for as many hours as i could get and they gave me the full time position. The reason i decided to leave this job was because of the pay, they told me as a driver you cant really go up from there and I need more to support myself.
Fast paced
Delivery driver (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: 10 minute break
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work is fast. you never stop moving which is what I like because it keeps me busy. I've learned how to use a forklift while working here. Management is okay. Co-workers are all nice, but no time to talk because it's busy. Nothing's hard with this job. I enjoy that I clock in and before I know it, it's already time to go.
Discouraging and depressing environment for 95% of employees
support (Current Employee), EaganNovember 28, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: few benefits
This is not a job to plan a future at, they take advantage of their employees in every way possible. The work/life balance is a joke, they will keep piling on the work until they break the employee. After the poor soul contributes to the success of the company and works without issue for years, they kick them to the curb and justify it with deceitful information. I have been here for many years now and work 50+ hours a week and no raise in 2 years even though I meet all goals and objectives. The owner and management only bring up the small things they say are done wrong, when really they are ignorant and have no idea how the job is done and they are too arrogant to lower themselves to find out
Good work Environment
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good environment
Cons: reduction of work force
Good work Environment and Good people, good management fair work place.
Auto Parts industry is not for everyone
General Manager (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COSeptember 25, 2014
Low pay
Corporate office was far away
Efforts were minimally recognized
FMP
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Minot, NDSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: discounted auto parts
Cons: crazy town
My day stated out by sending a sales report on what customers I would be calling on and what to talk about, then head out to my sales calls. I learned how to listen to what a customer needs and does not need. Management was good and working with my coworkers was enjoyable.The hardest part was getting a customer to buy on a consistent basis.

1 2 3 4