Factory Motor Parts Employee Reviews

Horrible management lots of favoritism
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 10, 2017
Terrible work environment poor management way to much favoritism and no advancement opportunity at all and very low pay for the work load that is expected each day.
Pros
There are None.
Cons
To many to even know where to begin.
blah place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 7, 2017
IF you haven't been there for ever it might not be worth your time. Management doesn't know what they are doing until the last minute. Work place culture is good to certain favorites.
Its a great place if not for the management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 30, 2017
Everyone in Fullerton is pretty cool.. i worked there 3 years. Management went down the hill. Which is saying something, because it was always bad. They play favorites and slowest and laziest are rewarded. There was a nice environment at one point but turned into working in a coal mine. So if you aren't too bright this the place for you.. sky is the limit.
Pros
co workers
Cons
slave drivers
Fmp
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 22, 2017
It was a very rewarding job. I had a lot of career advancement there. We were growing at a tremendous pace and I loved the Management and employee moral.
Cold in winter, hot in summer
Driver (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 22, 2017
Manager doesn't normally have your back, talks about employees behind their back, poor management skills, lack of reliable equipment, lack of qualified help
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Corporate doesnt care about employees
kool place to work
Warehouse clerk (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 19, 2017
this place is kool to work at , the work is light you can listen to music . the people that work here are friendly its fast pace so the day goes by quick
needs new management
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 19, 2017
needs improvement on management, and opportunity for advancement. The benefits are great but the pay can be improved. The people are great, and discounts are great too
Pros
great benefits
Cons
little opportunity
Productive/But Stressful environment
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 19, 2017
Productive/But Stressful environment. Normally work without any supervision but with some scrutiny on how fast one can make work orders come out faster.
great place to work
Dispatch Manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 14, 2017
it's nice and everyone there is nice it feels like a family work is fast pace you have to know what you are doing at all times no standing around. manager is awesome
horrible place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 3, 2017
Worked there 2 years, no raise, one review. A/P Dept had huge turnover, poor management, no incentives, boring work, no room for advancement, supervisors lacking knowledge and interaction with fellow employees
Pros
40 hour work week
Cons
No raises, lot of turn over, disgruntled employees
Fast paced and ever changing
Installer Sales (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 21, 2017
It is never boring. You will always find something new every day. You will be challenged and find stepping up to the challenge rewarding. If you like fats paced this is the job.
I extremely enjoyed working for Factory Motor Parts
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 4, 2017
One of the best jobs I ever had. If I had the opportunity to do it again, I would. This suggests that I write 150 word minimum and I say I don't want to write 150 word minimum I want to stop right here
A good company to work for
Currently a Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, CO 80022July 26, 2017
The company as a whole is a great company. There are some areas that need to be worked on when it came to taking care of loyal long time employees. There really needs to be a much much better insurance plan/ plans to be offered for ALL employees.
Pros
Consistent at growing the company's foot print in the market.
Cons
Does not promote from within the company enough, poor insurance plan
It's a job. What do you expect.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 16, 2017
A job is a job. You don't get to show up everyday and expect there to never be conflict between people and nobody talking behind one another's backs. Other than that, the pay is decent for what it is. The manager for this specific location in Portland, OR runs the warehouse with a "bulldog" attitude. In my opinion, nobody is your friend no matter how long you're there. They are just your co workers. So as long as you don't mind not getting close to the people you work with and like to keep your personal life seperate from your work life even though you work with a small amount of people, this is the place for you. My reccommendation for this position and any other similar position is to work hard, and you'll be recognized.
Pros
Good benefits, OT if you want it, laid back work environment as long as you do what you're suppose to.
Cons
No major cons
deliver parts
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 15, 2017
I would arrive at 8am and work until 430 pm monday thru friday. I would arrive in the morning and deliver my first van load of the day. I would return to the warehouse after that first load and sometimes have to pull orders for the next driver in line.
Pros
busy work...pretty good pay and benefits...
Cons
manager got angry alot and would let it show to the drivers.
Good company with good people
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 14, 2017
A typical work day at Factory Motor Parts would consist of pulling orders, staging inventory to be pulled off shelves, operate pallet jacks, forklifts, and order pickers to move pallets or pick items from high places. I would shrink wrap pallets to be shipped to various locations, packed inventory to be shipped off to customers.
I learned how to operate various warehouse equipment.
The management there will help you when you need it.
If you can deal with loud places and your a hard worker this is a place for you. the hardest part of the job was learning the warehouse itself. I enjoyed the hard work and the challenges was thrown at me.
Most employees were very nice
Shipping and Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 6, 2017
I new what to expect veryday. Some of the work was very physical and dirty. The management team was always nice. I learned alot about the automotive parts business having noexperince before.
Pros
Had most holidays off and several cookouts a year
Cons
Pay was low
Productive and good co-workers
Customer Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 7, 2017
On any given day, you walk in the door and you're immediately busy. You get your truck keys and work phone and get ready to work. If you don't have a dedicated delivery run, you have to wait. While waiting, you pull motor parts.
Pros
Delivering
Cons
Having to pull parts all day
no appreciation
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 5, 2017
this company has a lot of hardworking people . they reward all of the non productive people and the hard workers go un noticed , managers never out on the floor and play favorites. do not work in the fullerton location its horrible! never give out reviews or raises on time .
Pros
co-worker
Cons
horrible management
great place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 30, 2017
Going to work was fun and I did very well here. I worked closely with all the local ford dealerships and made many friends. The hours were great and the location was easy. best place to I ever worked.