Factory Motor Parts Employee Reviews

Good employment for people interested in automotive needs
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 21, 2015
Great place for the beginner in the automotive industry to understand the working parts of a vehicle. Management is understanding to employee needs, and provides a team approach to the workforce
Pros
Work schedule, atomsphere
Cons
Work pace varies
Great upper managment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNDecember 12, 2015
Factory Motor Parts is a great company to work for. I started at the very bottom and worked my way up. It is family owned and employees are treated well. I am very happy to be employed by them.
Pros
Great upper management, Room for growth
Cons
Could be more technologically savy
Fast Paced
Senior Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 31, 2015
Very fast paced place to work, keeps you busy and going whether you are a deliver driver, warehouse personnel or working in the office. Treat the employees well although the compensation is not what it should be and health care benefits are terrible. Good Vacation and decent 401K match.
Give your all and get the boot.
Customer Service ISSR (Former Employee) –  Aurora/Parker/West DenverOctober 17, 2015
I watched several very good employees give 110% and get the boot after five years. Boggles the mind. Oops....got my five year plaque and shortly there after an accompanying BOOT. No write ups, no counseling just a lame unjustified reason.
Pros
A job
Cons
Management terrorized by corporate. Worthless sales team.
Great Team
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 12, 2015
Love the IT team here. They are the best group of people I have worked with in a corporate setting. I plan on staying here for a long time.
overall good place to work
Installers Sales / General Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland OrSeptember 23, 2015
Working with shop owners to make sure there parts needs are met, and assure we are providing the best customer service. the most difficult thing to deal with is when our deliveries are not on time for the customers needs. I enjoy the challenges of fulfilling the customers needs and helping them grow there business.
Mannual 3 way matching
Account Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 27, 2015
Good company to work for but high rate of employee turnover, friendly employees. Receiving invoices and matching, entry and submitting for audit. Hard close and resolving customer issues.
really fun work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAJuly 21, 2015
what i love the most bout this work place is the co worker are the best.. if they give me full schedule i wont be going to look for another job at all but since i need more hour i dont hve a choice but to look for another job
Some good gravy
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILJuly 19, 2015
I can't really say much about this place as I was a temp at the time. While I was there however everything seemed to be in order and people actually got their work done.
Pros
Luch and breaks. Healthcare
Cons
dangerous if unattentive
Great people to work for:
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 29, 2015
Each day was filled with a wide variety of work challenging me and offering something new and exciting.
Management was heavy in the middle with communication limited to bullet points.
Pros
Family owned and operated.
Cons
Middle Management Heavy in certain departments, advancement.
Did not enjoy my time at FMP.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 24, 2015
Department expects a lot from you, too much paper work, manager is never satisfied with what you do, find faults but never acknowledge what you have achieved. Would yell at you and think it's Ok to do so. Co-workers would report you to management who listens, then you get Chewed out. So glad I am no longer there.
Pros
Cookies once a months.
Cons
Pay is terrible with Expensive health care
FMP let me grow and helped me get to where I wanted to go.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 12, 2015
My last title there was Dispatcher but it really I did everything for this warehouse. I would even act as manger when he would take leave. I knew the ins and out better than most people gave me credit for in my time there at FMP. I would things like pull a gasoline app on my phone to find the cheapest places to by fuel for our drivers, My drivers always left the warehouse with correct parts and on time. I would double check each part that left our warehouse so that the customer could get their cars fixed in a timely manor. I did not want the shops to blame us for them not getting their cars out in time. I also held weekly safety and driver meetings so that we could discuss any issues. I batch all the orders that came in for the day. I opened and closed our warehouse on a daily basis.
Pros
learning to be in charge and having that much reponsiblity
Cons
Salary
Wonderful company to work for!
Inside Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 10, 2015
Great company to work for, highly recommended if you are interested in the Automotive parts field. Training and the people are what make this company great!
Great people
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 5, 2015
Managing a variety of building constructive and repair projects nationally. Scheduling Estimating, Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting,.
communicating and documenting for growth.
Pros
The variety of challenges.
Cons
Middle management accountability.
unstable
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 28, 2015
I was hired for a 6 month contract to hire and they let me go after 3 months. The training is horrible. You get 10 minutes with each person and they expect you to pick it up immediately.
Need to work through some growing pains.
Manager, FVP Product Development (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 11, 2015
This company has a tremendous amount of great people but suffers from some severe growing pains. Family run business that presents a unique set of challenges.
Laid back atmosphere
LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 6, 2015
Your coworkers are great. The company lets you run with all sorts of ideas and you are constantly working on projects. Seems to have some high turnover and shuffling of departments
Pros
Free sporting tickets
Cons
People will throw you under the bus first chance they get
best years I had
Warehouse-Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 1, 2015
Working for the company was an experience that I became very well attached. My mentors were there to help me out in every way. Even teaching me new things with the change of the times. Working in the warehouse was very challenging, moving products, getting new products in and taking some out, But over all, I had a great experience with the company and good memories. Those I will cherish.
Pros
working everyday
Cons
medical benefits
driving around
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 5, 2015
get to work, grab work truck and parts. then drive around delivering parts to customers. very easy and helped pay for school tuition.
Company was great
Logistics specialist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 13, 2015
Company was great, truly care about their employees. Management is up front with you and will try to help you get better. Very little politics involved in the work place.