Factory Motor Parts Employee Reviews in United States

they suck
administrative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 23, 2015
Let's try this again...I reviewed earlier, but I guess it was rejected because I called the owner something that resembles the back of a donkey...well, it's all true.
Anyone who runs a business by intimidation, should find a country looking for a dictator.

The morale at all locations is mediocre at the best.
Management is usually weak minded people that can be run like puppets, but could care less about the customers or employees.
Pros
will make you cherish your job at McDonalds
Cons
too many to share
By Far the best part of an early morning, is amazing people to work with!
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 21, 2016
Starting time was 8am, arrive 15min early to have a cup of coffee then start the day with inventory shipments that would arrive each morning. Scanning the products and organizing them onto mobile carts to stock on shelves was tedious, yet enjoyable. The environment at FMP, (Factory Motor Parts), was probably the best work environment I've ever experienced. Learning to do cycle counts, delivery company orders for pick-up/drop off, and part number/serial number organization was tedious, but informative. The sight manager was a very kind, yet somewhat quite type with much knowledge to offer, not to mention a great relationship with all of the employees. Co-workers always stayed positive with the exception of a rare foul mood that was easily cured with some radio tunes or some very corny automotive puns and jokes to brighten up the day. Floor plan changes were the most difficult of tasks, only due to the mass quantities of products needing to be relocated. Simply working with amazing people and doing a job I enjoyed and loved to do was the best part of this experience in it's entirety.
Pros
benefits, bonuses, and atmosphere
Cons
only con, was sore muscles from time to time, but nothing bad to say really.
Good employment for people interested in automotive needs
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 21, 2015
Great place for the beginner in the automotive industry to understand the working parts of a vehicle. Management is understanding to employee needs, and provides a team approach to the workforce
Pros
Work schedule, atomsphere
Cons
Work pace varies
Discouraging and depressing environment for 95% of employees
support (Current Employee) –  EaganNovember 28, 2014
This is not a job to plan a future at, they take advantage of their employees in every way possible. The work/life balance is a joke, they will keep piling on the work until they break the employee. After the poor soul contributes to the success of the company and works without issue for years, they kick them to the curb and justify it with deceitful information. I have been here for many years now and work 50+ hours a week and no raise in 2 years even though I meet all goals and objectives. The owner and management only bring up the small things they say are done wrong, when really they are ignorant and have no idea how the job is done and they are too arrogant to lower themselves to find out
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
few benefits
No Respect, No Raises
Operations (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 25, 2015
Avoid EVER working for FMP. I needed a job and took one when offered, I wish now I would have waited and taken something better. The people you work with are ok but management is another story. There are NO raises. Budgets get cut every year to insure that the employees remain poor, the working poor. Working conditions, you will be on your feet the whole time unless you are a driver. If you are in sales they will cater to you. If you are in a warehouse or a driver you are treated like scum. Don't expect anything more. Odd since drivers are the first hand contact with customers on a daily basis!!
Pros
can't think of anything
Cons
to many to list!!
ok employment
Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 5, 2016
The pros about the employment was that they payed 11.00 an hour. Monday through Friday and some weekends.
Cons about this employment you didn't get breaks and sometimes you didnt get a lunch break due to the high volume of orders waiting to be delivered.
Pros
good pay
Cons
No proper breaks
On the road for hours
Auto Parts Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WI 54913May 1, 2016
Has its management trouble with unclear goals and expectations. Lot driving required. No opportunity for growth. Lot of running around the warehouse for pulling parts.
Fast Paced
Senior Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 31, 2015
Very fast paced place to work, keeps you busy and going whether you are a deliver driver, warehouse personnel or working in the office. Treat the employees well although the compensation is not what it should be and health care benefits are terrible. Good Vacation and decent 401K match.
Great product
Parts Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 3, 2016
Great product , horrible execution of sales of ways company is put out their to the customer, how your toll either go with the change or look for a new job
Pros
CO WORKERS
Cons
WAY COMPANY IS RUN
Give your all and get the boot.
Customer Service ISSR (Former Employee) –  Aurora/Parker/West DenverOctober 17, 2015
I watched several very good employees give 110% and get the boot after five years. Boggles the mind. Oops....got my five year plaque and shortly there after an accompanying BOOT. No write ups, no counseling just a lame unjustified reason.
Pros
A job
Cons
Management terrorized by corporate. Worthless sales team.
Pinching Pennies
CSR/Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Anaheim/RiversideFebruary 15, 2012
I was with this company for nearly three years and saw the transition from one type of culture to another.

BEFORE the auto collapse and bankruptcy of GM, employee compensation was high, morale was high, and there was talk of expansion.

AFTER the collapse, the office staff was cut by a quarter, high-salary managers and employees were laid off. The replacements receive a fraction of the pay and benefits.

The new corporate culture is to pay employees just enough so they don't quit. This cost-cutting has permeated every other department. I understand that the auto collapse shocked the industry, but at the same time, it is tragic to see every employee making six figures pushed out and have their position replaced with an outsider making mid-30s.
Pros
job security for low wage employees
Cons
very little opportunity for advancement, impossible to make a living wage.
Great people to work for:
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 29, 2015
Each day was filled with a wide variety of work challenging me and offering something new and exciting.
Management was heavy in the middle with communication limited to bullet points.
Pros
Family owned and operated.
Cons
Middle Management Heavy in certain departments, advancement.
FMP let me grow and helped me get to where I wanted to go.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 12, 2015
My last title there was Dispatcher but it really I did everything for this warehouse. I would even act as manger when he would take leave. I knew the ins and out better than most people gave me credit for in my time there at FMP. I would things like pull a gasoline app on my phone to find the cheapest places to by fuel for our drivers, My drivers always left the warehouse with correct parts and on time. I would double check each part that left our warehouse so that the customer could get their cars fixed in a timely manor. I did not want the shops to blame us for them not getting their cars out in time. I also held weekly safety and driver meetings so that we could discuss any issues. I batch all the orders that came in for the day. I opened and closed our warehouse on a daily basis.
Pros
learning to be in charge and having that much reponsiblity
Cons
Salary
best years I had
Warehouse-Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 1, 2015
Working for the company was an experience that I became very well attached. My mentors were there to help me out in every way. Even teaching me new things with the change of the times. Working in the warehouse was very challenging, moving products, getting new products in and taking some out, But over all, I had a great experience with the company and good memories. Those I will cherish.
Pros
working everyday
Cons
medical benefits
Did not enjoy my time at FMP.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 24, 2015
Department expects a lot from you, too much paper work, manager is never satisfied with what you do, find faults but never acknowledge what you have achieved. Would yell at you and think it's Ok to do so. Co-workers would report you to management who listens, then you get Chewed out. So glad I am no longer there.
Pros
Cookies once a months.
Cons
Pay is terrible with Expensive health care
Hard Work with no Advancement Opportunities
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 7, 2013
I am glad to have received extensive warehouse experience, but am not pleased with being overlooked for advancement and additional pay and benefits. You work hard (physically) for a couple years, there is an expectation of some reward. I would call it dead end job security.
Pros
warehouse experience received
Cons
dead end situation
overall good place to work
Installers Sales / General Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland OrSeptember 23, 2015
Working with shop owners to make sure there parts needs are met, and assure we are providing the best customer service. the most difficult thing to deal with is when our deliveries are not on time for the customers needs. I enjoy the challenges of fulfilling the customers needs and helping them grow there business.
Great culture
CSR, Outside sales rep/Account manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 13, 2014
FMP was a great place to get contribute. It was a very family oriented environment with a "learn on the fly" type of training culture. I was able to learn quickly and be promoted multiple times. Good business with good people.
Pros
perfect people skills, management training, learned the importance of stocking and inventory
Cons
growing pains of a small company
Company was great
Logistics specialist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 13, 2015
Company was great, truly care about their employees. Management is up front with you and will try to help you get better. Very little politics involved in the work place.
Great people
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 5, 2015
Managing a variety of building constructive and repair projects nationally. Scheduling Estimating, Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting,.
communicating and documenting for growth.
Pros
The variety of challenges.
Cons
Middle management accountability.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Factory Motor Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8