Factory Motor Parts Employee Reviews

Nothing special here
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  MNFebruary 10, 2017
There was no such thing as a typical day as the rules and goals were always changing. A "family", "sales" company that only cares about sales and growth.
positive work place, great co-workers and management
National Fleet Sales and Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 16, 2017
This was a call center so the day was on the phone taking orders and provided assistance for customers. The co-workers were great and we had a very good team atmosphere.
Pros
good pay, benefits, bonuses
Cons
Good until someone wants your spot
Gm (Former Employee) –  North centralJanuary 15, 2017
It was a great place to work at first. I started there when it opened at this location. Went from the bottom to the top over a period of time. Unfortunately I'm not there anymore. People didn't let me do my job the way it should have been done. With little to no training for the position I had. Was told I could get help when needed but when it was needed no one was there to help like promised.
Pros
Descent pay for certain position.
Cons
When someone wants your spot, because upper man, will not let you give them the raise they worked for, people stab you in the back, to get what you have
Collaborative
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJanuary 9, 2017
The management team needs to understand the growing needs of the marketing department. Understaffed and over-worked is a constant consensus among coworkers.
Great people
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 9, 2017
The people were nice, but management is an issue regarding how to value their employees. They need to have goals and objectives for their subordinates to meet.
Fast Paced and Fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MN, Minneapolis, MNJanuary 6, 2017
A great company to work for. Room for advancement and the people were always happy. I had a lot of fun working for this company.
Horrible place to work
Senior Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 30, 2016
Hired for warehouse w/very minimal driving i was told. only thing i did my first month was drive. Extremely disorganized warehouse, nothing is stocked right. Most inefficient place I've ever worked at.
Pros
Day ends at 530
Great place to work.
Parts Delivery Specialist/Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KS 66203December 15, 2016
Some days are really busy. It just depends on the volume that day. Small team with some outside contract drivers to help deliver parts.
Don't go there
Inventory, Dispatcher, Warehouse, Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 29, 2016
Toxic environment. Was rewarded for 4+ years of hard work with a transfer, even after making deliveries (off the clock) on my way home or on the way to work the next morning. Management only cares about their own paychecks and advancement. "I will make it happen" is the common response to superiors, without regard to those that actually do the job. For supervisors, there should be a required I.Q. & psych test before promotion/hiring, even if from within the corrupt company. Management chain of command is a group of parasites, hiding out in a climate controlled office, while the honest workers sweat. Glad to leave & won't ever go back.
Low Morale / Under Staffed
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 28, 2016
A typical day is hectic as this location is way under staffed, makes
good Customer Service very difficult.

I have learned a lot about the daily operations of a typical warehouse
environment and how to multitask.

Management lacks the experience needed to run the day to day operations effectively.

I do work with some great people, they are the reason I have stayed on as long as I have.

The hardest part of the job is:Frustrated Co-workers and Customer's because as a whole the warehouse does not run smoothly and to full potential because of understaffing / management.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I work with, The Customer's who I have known for years.
No more than a basic delivery job
Driver (Former Employee) –  So CalAugust 12, 2016
Great thing about this job was engaging with different people throughout the day. You eventually build relationships with customers, it makes deliveries fun as the day seems to just fly by.

I do respect FMP for their attempt to take care of their employees with benefits and what not. But, when you get paid minimum wage to risk your life on Socal roads, not to mention deductions for medical, the job is nothing more than a temporary opportunity at best.

You sometimes handle large amounts of cash, excessive battery deliveries, and may hit a few minutes over the clock. You might as well sit on your rear end in from of Walmart and greet people all day for the same wage.

Coworkers were cool, customers (for the most part) were cool, only negative was the pay. The wage should be right around 12 - 14 an hour. They rather have high turn over than a stable crew that would stay for more than a year.
Pros
Do your work and the rest is chill
Cons
30 min lunches, minimum wage
Management Needs to Listen more to Employees
former driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 3, 2016
This company used to be a 'fun' place to work.
Almost all of the drivers, pickers and dispatchers were cordial and had a great sense of humor.
They had seen the better days at FMP - and told me how they had lost HUGE accounts.
The manager at the location in which I worked had quit because he was OVERWORKED! going to multiple locations in the metro area and some outlying areas as well.
Recently they lost a very valuable employee who was knowledgeable and had a great rapport with all of the drivers, pickers etc..
He too had quit after many years, one reason cited was because the management did not listen to those employees, such as himself, who knew the job well.
The company brought in a new manager who has NO PEOPLE SKILLS and is proud of it.
He would be a great 'corporate raider'!!!
He does not care about who is fired, he believes the company is always right - (he found out they aren't as they are now backpedaling on some of their recent bad decisions) he is not liked by most employees as he has such disdain for them.
This company, as many others do, look at graphs and try align them money-wise without consideration for the people who are doing the REAL work!
I wold not recommend this place to anyone unless you are a 'bottom-feeder'.
Pros
Discount on auto parts
Cons
bad management, bad compensation
bad management
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63123August 2, 2016
starting the day out in chaos just because you say you can do the job check job records management local and home office don't care about complaints or concerns most co-worker do good job dealing with management quitting time
Pros
quitting time
Cons
bad pay poor management poor benefits bad equipment
Ok
Parts Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 4, 2016
Enjoyed working for this company, never had a problem, until everything changed. Worked with friendly people. Nothing hard, all work appeared simple.
On the road for hours
Auto Parts Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WI 54913May 1, 2016
Has its management trouble with unclear goals and expectations. Lot driving required. No opportunity for growth. Lot of running around the warehouse for pulling parts.
By Far the best part of an early morning, is amazing people to work with!
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 21, 2016
Starting time was 8am, arrive 15min early to have a cup of coffee then start the day with inventory shipments that would arrive each morning. Scanning the products and organizing them onto mobile carts to stock on shelves was tedious, yet enjoyable. The environment at FMP, (Factory Motor Parts), was probably the best work environment I've ever experienced. Learning to do cycle counts, delivery company orders for pick-up/drop off, and part number/serial number organization was tedious, but informative. The sight manager was a very kind, yet somewhat quite type with much knowledge to offer, not to mention a great relationship with all of the employees. Co-workers always stayed positive with the exception of a rare foul mood that was easily cured with some radio tunes or some very corny automotive puns and jokes to brighten up the day. Floor plan changes were the most difficult of tasks, only due to the mass quantities of products needing to be relocated. Simply working with amazing people and doing a job I enjoyed and loved to do was the best part of this experience in it's entirety.
Pros
benefits, bonuses, and atmosphere
Cons
only con, was sore muscles from time to time, but nothing bad to say really.
ok employment
Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 5, 2016
The pros about the employment was that they payed 11.00 an hour. Monday through Friday and some weekends.
Cons about this employment you didn't get breaks and sometimes you didnt get a lunch break due to the high volume of orders waiting to be delivered.
Pros
good pay
Cons
No proper breaks
Great product
Parts Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 3, 2016
Great product , horrible execution of sales of ways company is put out their to the customer, how your toll either go with the change or look for a new job
Pros
CO WORKERS
Cons
WAY COMPANY IS RUN
they suck
administrative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 23, 2015
Let's try this again...I reviewed earlier, but I guess it was rejected because I called the owner something that resembles the back of a donkey...well, it's all true.
Anyone who runs a business by intimidation, should find a country looking for a dictator.

The morale at all locations is mediocre at the best.
Management is usually weak minded people that can be run like puppets, but could care less about the customers or employees.
Pros
will make you cherish your job at McDonalds
Cons
too many to share
Good employment for people interested in automotive needs
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 21, 2015
Great place for the beginner in the automotive industry to understand the working parts of a vehicle. Management is understanding to employee needs, and provides a team approach to the workforce
Pros
Work schedule, atomsphere
Cons
Work pace varies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Factory Motor Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7