FactSet Research Systems

FactSet Research Systems Employer Reviews

A great working environment with collaborative culture
Senior Database Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYJanuary 23, 2014
A great working environment with collaborative culture. Good work life balance. Creative environment that embraces self starters.
Coworkers Definitely Make Up For Shortfalls
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, health benefits, coworkers, pto
Cons: management, repetitive work, not nimble
The job can require strong concentration in areas where one's pedigree might not be focused, advancement is possible if the right people are approached with the correct words. Management is often involved in special high-profile projects.
Team Atmosphere, New Learnings, Free Lunch, Career Growth
Knowledge Management Specialist (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTDecember 29, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: working from home due to family obligations and hazardous weather is frowned upon
I was employee 250 when I started working at FactSet as a Trainer for internal and external clients. When I left the company there were over 10,000 employees.

FactSet prides itself on rewarding it's employees for working hard and brining solutions to the table.
Great work life balance and solid managers
Software Engineer (Former Employee), san mateo, caJune 27, 2013
Pros: free lunches mon-thurs, work life balance
Cons: depending on department working with some older technologies
Management is great. Your work is seen and noticed. Company culture is awesome. Very limited politics. Most people are friendly and willing to help. Lot of perks of a big company, travel, food, stability. The work life balance is one of the best you can get even for software engineers.
Good company
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 3, 2013
Overall great company. Free lunch, competitive salary, good work life balance
It is a good company with great benefits. Focused on Financial Services more than engineering.
Product Dev (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAFebruary 24, 2013
it is a good company to work for. They can benefit from outside talent as everyone seems to have come from bottom up.
Productive and Collaborative Work Environment.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJanuary 29, 2013
Intelligent people providing excellent client based financial services.
Great work environment and growth opportunities
Investment Management Consultant (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 2, 2012
Pros: free lunches, benefits, fun environment
Cons: stressful days
-Great entry level job
-Consulting has three components:
-Finance
-Technology
-Client Service
-Very good company with strong career growth
-Long hours and fast paced work, do everything your clients demand
Good place to work, offers good benefits
Systems Operator (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTAugust 22, 2012
Pros: free lunches, good benefits
My typical day at Factset consists of troubleshooting client connectivity issues over the help desk line. I've learned alot when it comes to technology and pleasing the customer. Management in general is good and they care about their employees. My co-workers are all team oriented and we all have the common goal in mind, which is to ensure customer – more... satisfaction. The hardest part of my job would be the physical demands placed on me away from my desk. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a client is satisfied with my troubleshooting steps to get them working again. – less
Good Starting Company with Young Culture
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 17, 2012
Great place to start and get exposure to entire financial industry and its professionals. Limited upward mobility.
Very productive and friendly environment
QA Engineer (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTJune 6, 2012
Pros: free lunch, snacks
I enjoyed the work everyday at Factset. The most hardest part of the job is to attend the meetings and bridge calls late nights with US team, as i was placed in India. Working with co-workers is knowledgeable. Got some appreciation emails from online team.
Good place to work - Friendly people
Consultant (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 20, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: with free lunches comes no lunch break
FactSet is a great place to work as a Consultant if you are interested in Investment Management or Investment Banking. Be aware that the first 6 months are spent on the support desk where you are essentially customer service for all their clients. The job requires someone to be technical savvy and good with excel. If you are good with computers and – more... are okay with troubleshooting computer based problems then you should consider this position. – less
We had a fun while working at Factset
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APMarch 19, 2014
Pros: work culture is very good.
Cons: no idea about future prespective
There was no clarity about the job profile. The Team Lead was used to get daily routine work. No body has explained about future prospectus.
Senior Research Analyst (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APJune 24, 2013
Pros: free lunch, snacks and breakfast. team outings and transportation facility
Cons: night shift allowances and no equal compensation for all employees in the same level
Working in night shifts are typical days at work.
Apart from work, learned many things as a fresher. Work culture, how to mingle with others, how to communicate and more.
Overall management is Good.
I have very good co-workers in my team who became very close friends of mine. Very cooperative.
I din't find hardest part in my job.
I enjoyed many moments – more... at my work especially at team outings. – less
Good company to work with
Senior Research Analyst/Level (Former Employee), HyderabadJune 23, 2013
Good company to work with and learnt about quality techniques.
Learnt to be independent enough and take decisions and how to improve TAT. Excellent work culture and good employee-oriented management. The most I like the job is ownership and responsibility to delivery the work without any pressure tension-free.

Overall good company.
salary is a bit low
Qa Associate (Former Employee), hyderabadDecember 23, 2012
Pros: working environment
Cons: salary
for freshers its good to join as you will learn a lot there.Good team mangement and very good feed back is given about you

About FactSet Research Systems

Analysts, portfolio managers, and investment bankers know FactSet Research Systems has the facts down pat. The company offers – Read more