Fairbanks Native Association Employee Reviews

Good!
Chemical Dependency Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKOctober 27, 2017
It's a fast paced job. It's a place to grow your career and gain work experience. It's a good place for clients to receive their healing. It's an environment that gives room for growth.
well ran day care
Primary Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKOctober 16, 2017
Clean and very well ran day care who cared about the people and employees. Took care of the problem when there was one and had training if employees needed.
Pros
Free lunch, Fridays no kids due to cleaning and planning day
Cons
Waiting list to get into day care
Unethical business practices
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKOctober 5, 2017
There are favorites.
The consumer is not the most important focus. Upper management created hostile environment daily.
Their business practices speak of no retaliation. Nonetheless, when a staff raised concerns or expressed grievances to managers, they are written up or fired.
Benefits
Cons
Managers
Not a pleasurable work enviornment
Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKSeptember 23, 2017
Super poor management. Very "back-stabby" environment. Lacks a sense of teamwork. Although, a super rewarding job as you get to work with recovering addicts.
Great work with consumers but treat there staff poorly
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  VariedJuly 12, 2017
They have great programs and very dedicated staff for those that can stick around. The management has terrible communication and you feel like you have to walk on eggshells. I loved the people I worked with as we all worked hard to help the consumers succeed . Upper management communicates poorly and does not treat everyone equally. They will keep wanting more out of you and only let you know what you did wrong. Upper management is not very user friendly and in some cases not qualified to supervise the staff they hire.
Pros
Great insurance, flexibility, very dedicated staff
Cons
Poor upper management communication, high employee turnaround, don't follow their own P and P.
Well diversed
Residential Aide (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMarch 23, 2017
FNA is a great place to work if you are a well diversed kind of individual that likes helping others. The staff is well rounded and knowledgeable and is willing to assist in your training. The consumers are come with high hopes that the company is what they need to assist in their needs.
Low Morale, Inconsistent and unfair management practices
Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Residential Aid (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKDecember 2, 2016
During my time with FNA, I saw favoritism toward clients and employees, and what I felt was too much supervisors' discretionary decisions regarding employee termination and other discipline resulting in lower employee morale.

When I first started, I was excited about helping people who were trying to change their lives for the better.

There were questions about policies, and policies vaguely defined if at all, sometimes terminations came after little or no previous warning, and inconsistently enforced policies and procedures.
Pros
The chance to help people trying to change their life, to make a difference.
Cons
At some locations, ineffective management.
Agency Does Great Things in the Community
employee (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKNovember 2, 2015
FNA does amazing work in the community of Fairbanks. Overall only upper management has good pay. The field workers have low rates of pay but good benefits. FNA is a family friendly workplace.

With that said I would be very hesitant to go to work for this agency unless you are native or are just looking for short term work. It is pretty much a revolving door.

Management does not have a business sense so they will get rid of you if they feel the whim.
Pros
Good Pay for Mgt Position, Family Friendly
Cons
Poorly Managed, Revolving Door, Low Pay for Field Worker
Really nice people but, low pay
Residential Aid (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJanuary 19, 2015
I loved everyone that I worked with. Everyone works as a team to get the job done. However the pay is really low which leads to burn out.
Pros
Very open and willing to work with empolyees around doctor appointments, family issues. Great coworkers
Cons
Low pay and poor benefits
Nice place to develop in a leadership role.
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMarch 10, 2014
Nice employees and excellent human resources. You learned a lot there as a director and they took care of you at all times.
Pros
Excellent Human Resources
Cons
none.
Predictable yet exciting.
Early Head Start, Teacher Aide (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJanuary 15, 2013
Typically FNA has structured work days, but as in any workplace there are days that are down right exciting.

I've learned not to take the downs too seriously and to apprieciate the ups.

Management does not always respond as quickly as I would like to requests, forms, or complaints.

The hardest part of this job is not being able to speak my mind regarding clients. Confidentiality limits what I am allowed to discuss with clients or regarding clients.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the energy of the students and my coworkers.
Pros
working with a diverse group of individuals.
Cons
low pay.