Fairchild Semiconductor Employee Reviews

this place is closed
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 20, 2017
It was good working environment and employees had opportunity to grow if you are hard working employee. but that moly to all the jobs.
its a plus if you have advance excel skill.
fun place to work, pay is not great
Operator (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTFebruary 22, 2017
This company is a very fun place to work , excellent work life balance but the pay is not great. There is opportunity for advancement, but the opportunity is controlled by coworkers who have worked there a long time.
Pros
lots of activities
Cons
low pay
Great Company building as well as excellent benifits
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Maintaining the buildings up keeping involving Electrical, Hvac, plumbing etc. Also coordinating with contractors to make sure the work is complete and held to a specific standard of Fairchild Semiconductor. In certain situations there would be challenges if Fairchild required multiple projects to be done within the same time period. The best part of Fairchild was the way they took care of their of their employees by showing appreciation by throwing a annual bar be que in the company property with refreshments and food paid for.
Pros
anual bar be que
Cons
not much jus the unfornate sell of the company
Fairchild was lucky to find a Buyer and Sell itself to ON
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  US BasedDecember 15, 2016
This has to be one of the most poorly managed companies in their industry. Starting from the top down there is a marked lack of capable leaders. The top management lurched from one quarter to the next with a single focus on the stock price. It spent money wastefully in every way possible. Compensation was about 35% lower than other companies in the same industry so the best people went elsewhere. The company was allergic to change and continued to do things the way it always did. ON will need to clean house and when they're done they are going to wonder why they paid what they did for this company and its behind the time products.
Pros
Good health and pension plan
Cons
Long hours and everything done at the last minute instead of planning ahead.
Fun working place room for advancement
Semiconductor Fabrication Operator (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTNovember 11, 2016
By far my favorite job, I worked and advanced my way up pretty quickly. But then they closed. Health and fitness center was amazing and we earned a lot of great benefits.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
closing
no uniforme but good place to work because was a good cooworkers. good salary
plating operator, & assambler (Former Employee) –  Lomita, CANovember 5, 2016
Management on my department of plating was needed more education,he was to a several employees in harassment
,I never take to the office because my ex-husband work there, he was afraid he will take hes and my job off , so I keep quiet.
fun workplace
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesAugust 13, 2016
Have sports, i learned many things, very good co workers, very safe work area, very good salary, very good canteen, nice gym, nice facilities, nice basketball court
Pros
free lunch
Hard worker, got along with all co-workers. I loved working at FCS.
Senior Process Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJuly 5, 2016
My day started by reading pass downs, this included all specifics of the equipment in my area, product inventory in my area, any SPC violations, scrap or discrepant product. I would then go to a meeting with management to discuss the past 24 hours in my area. I worked with maintenance to resolve any equipment issues. I worked with production operators and other engineers to resolve any product or process issues. I qualified new equipment and brought in new processes working with the vendors.
The hardest part of my job was the stress involved when it didn't always need to be stressful. The most enjoyable part of my job was solving problems and investigating process or equipment issues.
I work and interface well with all groups, this included maintenance, other engineers, production operators and management.
Pros
Benefits, great health, dental and eye insurance. Good pay.
Cons
Most days did not get any breaks other than lunch.
Great company, being aquired
Director Product Development and Test Engineering (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 15, 2016
Great company, being acquired, there is really no reason for me to give this information, its none of any ones business what I think of this company.
Safest Place to work that I have ever worked for.
Fabrication Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJune 14, 2016
Very safe oriented, had safety meeting and training every month, brought in safety people for O.S.H.A to train and teach us about safety, and safety situations.

Managers would listen you your problems, and world formulate a plane of action to investigate a safety issue, no matter how minor it may of been.

Very safe company to work for, in fact it was safer the some of the things we do at home.

Managers kept employees informed of everything form a new employee, to top management decisions.
Good people to work with
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEMay 18, 2016
Enjoyed individual people I worked with. Had good manager support. Had own small lab to test samples. Learned new equipment and tester language.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Hard to get engineering time on production systems
Fast paced, high tech, challenging enviroment
Sr, Maufacturing Engineeering Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 24, 2016
Fast paced, high tech, challenging environment, great benefits, and great co-workers. Company allowed people to grow and take on additional responsibilities within the organization.
Productivity, department cross training, great co-workers and management utilized each individual to the best of their potential.
Etch, Diffusion & Implant Operator, Full time (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEFebruary 2, 2016
I have been with Fairchild for 7+ years now. I like that operators can cross train in different departments. Productivity changes daily and operators are challenged differently each day. My co-workers are easy and upbeat characters.
Pros
Some free snacks or sandwiches or pizza from time to time.
Cons
Very long days, standing on cement and steel flooring, and decline in pay.
Outsource
Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJanuary 5, 2016
The company made a business decision to outsource our products and send it over seas.

I worked twelve hour shifts working several different tool sets and machines. I learned teamwork, and cohesiveness. I built upon my problem solving skills.

The hardest part of the job was being up on my feet for twelve hours.

The most enjoyable part of my job was advancing the technology to better other peoples lives, and made strong connections with coworkers.
Pros
financial stability, great benefits, time off
Cons
management changes
Very nervous work place due to constant layoff.
Intellectual Property Technologist (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEDecember 30, 2015
Most days are over 8 hrs. due to the fact that it is short handed. I used the internet and microsoft office to do my work. I did freedom to operate reports as well as trying to invalidate patents of companies that were suing us.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Sometimes incorrect or incomplete direction was given.
Great benefits but high pressure environment
Program Manager/Staff Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTDecember 25, 2015
Fast paced, high pressure environment but great benefits and good pay. Provides good training and travel. Need to watch downturn, will not hesitate to shutdown factories or lay-off people.
Pros
career advancement, great benefits, provide training
Cons
long hours, high pressure
I enjoyed the time I spent working at Fairchild.
Data Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, MENovember 22, 2015
I worked with the employees as a Desktop support technician and found that interesting and I was challenged daily. My work was appreciated and I felt like I was contributing to the success of the company.
Good company striving to be a great company.
Information Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 20, 2015
Fairchild was a good employer for many years. They were able to successfully navigate the economic downturns. I was exposed to a lot of opportunities to learn but was limited in my professional advancement due to geographic situation. Benefits and compensation package was usually above par for companies of similar size.
24/7 Fabrication work
Fabrication Operator (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTNovember 17, 2015
24/7 Fabrication work with friendly employees. Employees operating various semiconductor equipment with some operations requiring hands-on detail processing and others semi-automatic requiring minimal hands-on operation. Working at a semiconductor company provides an on-the-job learning experience to any individual willing to strive with their career goals.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Productive, flexible hour, fun environment to work it!
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  salt lake city, utOctober 12, 2015
It is a very productive, fast environment work. I learned to be patient, pay close attention to details. Co-workers were nice, willing to help with anything and teach their work, their know about and cooperate. I enjoyed the long break hours, since it was a night shift, I was able to take my break, drive back home to see my family a little bit and go back to work, ready to start, there is so much to learn on this place!! Always something new to discover. I loved it!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairchild Semiconductor. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval