Fairchild Semiconductor Employee Reviews

Best place on Earth
Production Control Technician (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTOctober 29, 2017
This was the greatest job, loved the work environment and the managers. The job kept you busy, alway learning new jobs. It was like family. Sadly, they shut the Utah facility.
Pros
Cons
They shut the Utah facility
Great Employees
Customer Service Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 17, 2017
When I worked at Fairchild some days it could be stressful but enjoyed the people I worked with. The customer service team that I worked with was great. We worked as a team, when you had to cover for the other person there was alway great hand off of accounts so it was seamless to the customer.
Fairchild
Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTOctober 16, 2017
Really fun place to work before they shutdown the manufacturing facility in Utah. I learn a lot about the manufacturing process and was able to progress in the company.
Well balance place to work
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTOctober 16, 2017
A typical place to work
You have opportunity to work in different area and learn different equipment or tools
The management are very typical
The most enjoyable part of the job is not stressful.
Good Company
Product Development Project Manager (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEOctober 14, 2017
Fairchild was bought out by ON semiconductor in 2012. Everyone there was good at their job and looked out for one another. Young, fun workforce. Interesting work.
Fast paced job
Fabrication Tool Operator (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTSeptember 18, 2017
I liked working at Fairchild Semiconductor. Towards the end it was very fast paced and at times stressful. Unfortunately the plant shutdown and was relocated to Korea.
the moved to S. Korea
back-grind lead oper. (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTAugust 12, 2017
they moved all operations to South Korea years ago. it was an above average production facility but they wanted to pay less wages. that's why I went to IM Flash.
Pros
close to home
Cons
they left the U.S.
Fairchild is now part of ON Semiconductor
WorkStream Technical Support (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTAugust 9, 2017
Fairchild offered a lot of opportunities to learn new skills and promotion opportunities.They also provided top-notch educational assistance. It was a great job until they closed our site and moved our work to South Korea.
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Shutdown our site and no longer in existence. Bought out by ON Semiconductor
A Legacy Gone
Senior Director, Global Real Estate and Facilities (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 7, 2017
Sorry to see them gobbled up by ON but understand why the decision was made. There goes a piece of silicon valley history. Enjoyed working with the senior team at the time. Great bunch of guys.
Great place to work. Loved the work, except for all the walking.
Diffusion Furnace Operator (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJuly 10, 2017
I still be there if they didn't move to S. Korea.
My only two things bad to say is
my Lead sucked and the they moved to S, Korea.
A company in transition
Senior Managing Director of External Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 21, 2017
Fairchild was a company in transition when I worked there. It was going thru a re-structuring phase - closing internal manufacturing facilities and expanding its external manufacturing footprint. As such, there was a fair amount of chaos, internal conflict and uncertainty. Despite that, most people were on board with the changes and strongly supported the direction Fairchild was headed.
Pros
Excellent focus on "people matter"
Cons
Too many changes in too short a time
fun place to work, pay is not great
Operator (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTFebruary 22, 2017
This company is a very fun place to work , excellent work life balance but the pay is not great. There is opportunity for advancement, but the opportunity is controlled by coworkers who have worked there a long time.
Pros
lots of activities
Cons
low pay
Great Company building as well as excellent benifits
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Maintaining the buildings up keeping involving Electrical, Hvac, plumbing etc. Also coordinating with contractors to make sure the work is complete and held to a specific standard of Fairchild Semiconductor. In certain situations there would be challenges if Fairchild required multiple projects to be done within the same time period. The best part of Fairchild was the way they took care of their of their employees by showing appreciation by throwing a annual bar be que in the company property with refreshments and food paid for.
Pros
anual bar be que
Cons
not much jus the unfornate sell of the company
fun workplace
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesAugust 13, 2016
Have sports, i learned many things, very good co workers, very safe work area, very good salary, very good canteen, nice gym, nice facilities, nice basketball court
Pros
free lunch
Hard worker, got along with all co-workers. I loved working at FCS.
Senior Process Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJuly 5, 2016
My day started by reading pass downs, this included all specifics of the equipment in my area, product inventory in my area, any SPC violations, scrap or discrepant product. I would then go to a meeting with management to discuss the past 24 hours in my area. I worked with maintenance to resolve any equipment issues. I worked with production operators and other engineers to resolve any product or process issues. I qualified new equipment and brought in new processes working with the vendors.
The hardest part of my job was the stress involved when it didn't always need to be stressful. The most enjoyable part of my job was solving problems and investigating process or equipment issues.
I work and interface well with all groups, this included maintenance, other engineers, production operators and management.
Pros
Benefits, great health, dental and eye insurance. Good pay.
Cons
Most days did not get any breaks other than lunch.
Safest Place to work that I have ever worked for.
Fabrication Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJune 14, 2016
Very safe oriented, had safety meeting and training every month, brought in safety people for O.S.H.A to train and teach us about safety, and safety situations.

Managers would listen you your problems, and world formulate a plane of action to investigate a safety issue, no matter how minor it may of been.

Very safe company to work for, in fact it was safer the some of the things we do at home.

Managers kept employees informed of everything form a new employee, to top management decisions.
Good people to work with
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEMay 18, 2016
Enjoyed individual people I worked with. Had good manager support. Had own small lab to test samples. Learned new equipment and tester language.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Hard to get engineering time on production systems
Fast paced, high tech, challenging enviroment
Sr, Maufacturing Engineeering Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 24, 2016
Fast paced, high tech, challenging environment, great benefits, and great co-workers. Company allowed people to grow and take on additional responsibilities within the organization.
Productivity, department cross training, great co-workers and management utilized each individual to the best of their potential.
Etch, Diffusion & Implant Operator, Full time (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEFebruary 2, 2016
I have been with Fairchild for 7+ years now. I like that operators can cross train in different departments. Productivity changes daily and operators are challenged differently each day. My co-workers are easy and upbeat characters.
Pros
Some free snacks or sandwiches or pizza from time to time.
Cons
Very long days, standing on cement and steel flooring, and decline in pay.
Outsource
Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJanuary 5, 2016
The company made a business decision to outsource our products and send it over seas.

I worked twelve hour shifts working several different tool sets and machines. I learned teamwork, and cohesiveness. I built upon my problem solving skills.

The hardest part of the job was being up on my feet for twelve hours.

The most enjoyable part of my job was advancing the technology to better other peoples lives, and made strong connections with coworkers.
Pros
financial stability, great benefits, time off
Cons
management changes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairchild Semiconductor. Our community is ready to answer.