Fairfax County Government Employee Reviews

Retired from Fairfax County Government
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VANovember 15, 2017
I retired after 33 years. It was a job with many benefits. I am grateful for it. Moving on to retirement with my wife. Looking for part time time work.
Fairfax County Government
Behavior Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VANovember 7, 2017
I have worked for the county for over 20 yrs. Fairfax County is an excellent place to work for career advancement and security.
A typical day at my site is busy most of the time. You do have time to come up for air. I like to stay busy it makes me feel productive at the end of my shift. The management team is really supportive of the staff and will allow you to be creative with your work.
Very nice people here
Golf instructor (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 31, 2017
A pleasure to work here. Nice people and good pay is a good combination. High volume of customers and still rather easy going
It makes for low stress. Very professional and well kept work place
Pros
Very fun and nice place to work
Cons
All good for me
Productive workplace
Traffic Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 23, 2017
Great place to work and nice workers great work ethic and worker there do have great work ethic and good working environment . I enjoy what I do and people I work everyday, they are like family .
Good place to gain experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfax County, VAOctober 3, 2017
No opportunity for full-time positions. Great place to learn.
Fast-paced. Opportunity to work in different departments. Seasonals get no benefits. Great job for college students and recent grads.
Fast past, great people to work with
Business Staff (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 18, 2017
I enjoy helping others with mental illness! I love my co-workers! Fast paced. It's a great environment
New location. Building is a GREEN BLDG! Energy efficient.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Stressful at times
fun job
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax County, VAAugust 10, 2017
Fairfax county retirement and benefits package allows you to retire and have an opportunity to have another career while you're still young and in the prime of your life
Pros
time off
Cons
shift work
The work place take's hard muscle an might an sweat to work with them
Grounds Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 1, 2017
Job had very good social people an the player's at the golf courses' where vary serine an polite the work was hard but vary good pay an kind of fun...
Pros
Luch in the golf area food offerd
Cons
Some brake
Learned most of my admin experience here
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 24, 2017
I loved the responsibilities and freedom to handle situations and staff as permitted. I had the flexibility to know I could choose certain ways to implement strategies and new programs. I learned many of the office skills I have today at this job and I still use them and apply them today as necessary.
Great diversity and stable environment
Tax Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 7, 2017
A typical day consist of research and data entry. I learned in the duration of being in office administration that you have to have excellent customer service experience and be a team player. Management is very helpful and knowledgeable of day-to-day operations. The culture of the workplace is very diverse with great team players who are open to ideas and challenges. The hardest part of the job would be to not over extend in ways that interfere with focusing and devoting my time on each assignment. The most enjoyable part of the job is occasional work with business owners, veterans and departmental head.
Value your life?
Will not disclosure for fear of retribution (Former Employee) –  VariousJuly 2, 2017
If you want an employer that does not care that they placed you in a life threatening, physical danger and literally slam the door in your face when confronted, then this us the employer for you!
They don't have your back and will throw you under the bus at the first sign of trouble from the public. Supervisors don't come to your aide when help is requested in an emergency situations.
So pay and benefits don't mean anything if every day on the job could be your last day on earth because of Ffx Co Govt lack of concern to protect its employees.
Pros
Cons
They don't care what happens to you on the jobl
Great Place to Work
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 29, 2017
I am positively surprised at the support you get working for this county. All staff members are professional and helpful. Benefits are great. Experience is even better!
Case worker
Human Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 24, 2017
Fairfax County gives a great opportunity for advancement. Also, learning opportunities. They can be flexible with your work schedule and school schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the clients.
Ok
Deputy Sheriff (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 21, 2017
Fun at Times. Learn more from doing and watching. I will suggest that everyone try this job out at least once to find out if it is for you. If not hay you tried.
Description of Fairfax County Government
Office of the Chairman Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 10, 2017
Depending on the time of the year a typical work day can be slow or busy
Learned more about customer services and how local government functions
Great workplace culture
Hardest part of the job is dealing with some residents
Most enjoyable are the people
Fairfax County
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Human ResourcesJune 2, 2017
Good place to start career, gain experience and training for future opportunities. Learn about the department you will be working in, know their mission. Take advantage of all the programs and opportunities offered.
Pros
Stable employment
Great place
Administrative Assistant Human Rights (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 19, 2017
Awesome place of work, great benefits. The only reason I left is because I moved to Loudoun County and wanted a job closer to home. Learned a lot in the Administrative field.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
traffic
cant be difficult at times but overall a good place to work
Senior Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 14, 2017
its a good place to work great benifits easy to move up as long as your willing to work hard classes are easy to get into to better your education supervisiors are helpful and understanding
good
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAMarch 27, 2017
Good people I love working nice place money OK. I am hard working man. Looking for good job it was close to home. Nice people. I wood love work back there
Cons
Fun work place with kids
School Age Child Care Teacher (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAMarch 26, 2017
planning and implementing different activities for school age kids. Learned how to be patient and have an open mind to different ideas. Work place culture was fun and entertaining, always new challenges to try an concur. The hardest part of the job was the split shifts during the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting smiles on the kids faces and seeing them grow.