Fairfax Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place to work with great benefits.
Staff nurse, ICU (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere and management support
Cons: having to leave due to moving.
A typical day at work was busy, but manageable. The patients were varied, but interesting to work with. I learned about liver transplants, plasma exchange transfusions and ventilators. The management was great in that it supported its employees. The co-workers were excellent with a team-player approach to the work. The hardest part of the job was leaving due to moving to Texas. The most enjoyable part of the job was the variety of work.
A bit big for its britches
Intake Clinician (Current Employee), Kirkland, WAJune 25, 2014
Fairfax does AMAZING service to the community. Unfortunately, I worked in a department where the staff culture is invalidating and very negative. The hours were extremely inconsistant (every week my schedule was different, but at least I knew about it ahead of time!). There really weren't enough staff, so if someone didn't show up, it really messed up the day. The business is expanding greatly and everyone is trying to keep up with it. If you like to multi-task, work constantly and work under pressure, this is a great place for you. There are lots of opportunities to try different positions, and the salary is great for the industry. The benefits are a little lack-luster because the headquarters are in another part of the country.
Assistant to Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 14, 2014
Loved my job, hours, people I worked with. Had to relocate and job became too far to travel.
Great to work if you have compassion for patients. Not so much for morale.
Former employee (Former Employee), KirklandNovember 26, 2013
Pros: great co-workers.
Cons: not enough support for employees
There are some great people here on the clinical side. Business department seems to care more about making money than the welfare of patients and the clinicians that care for them. I learned a lot though.
Great Into to Psychology
Psych Specialist (Former Employee), Kirkland, WANovember 7, 2013
Great Into to Psychology, however it presented very many challenges at times. Most often you the staff the patient ratio is over demanding.
Dysfunctional for a premier hospital
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee), Kirkland, WASeptember 8, 2013
Pros: get to be on the "front lines" working with very acute mentally ill individuals.
Cons: burn out rate is pretty high
On the outside looking in, the organization may appear to say all the right things; yet, operationally, there is much dysfunction. (I agree with the former CEO's comments.) For a hospital that hangs banners up and down the halls stating, "Fairfax Hospital - Ranked Best Hospital by US News and World Report," I feel the organization needs to re-focus on what that statement means to their patients and staff. There is a continuous "revolving door" cycle for staff, which is a clear review of this hospital, operationally, as well as organizationally.
High workload, unrealistic expectations, unappreciated, finger pointing environment
clinical staff (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAAugust 3, 2012
Pros: great co workers
Cons: poorly maintained, no concern for well being of employees
It is an extremely stressful place to work, no consistency and very very poor training. Management wise it is like the blind leading the blind. The turn over rate is so high that people are put in positions and don't know what they are doing. When errors inevitably occur people look at who to blame. Most everyone is constantly looking for another job. Unhappiest employees I have ever worked with. Although it is a hospital that is supposedly there for the patient, it is corporate run and it is all about what can be done the cheapest way. Even if it compromises safety and job satisfaction
Good place to learn clinical skills.
Clinical Therapist (Current Employee), Kirkland, WAMay 29, 2012
Fairfax is a high-paced psychiatric stabilization facility. It is a good place to attain foundational clinical skills.
good work
house keeper (Former Employee), fairfax hospitalFebruary 20, 2012
Pros: meet new people everyday
Cons: manager
this was boring job to me. Same route everyday. Cleaning all day not me.
poor training for new employees
RN (Current Employee), Kirkland, WaJanuary 3, 2012
Pros: average pay
Cons: inadequate breaks and staffing, poor training
this facility has less than adequate training for new employees, they are often understaffed, which poses risks to staff and patients, employees are not judged equally and expectations of some employees are different than for other employees, On a positive note, some of the staff are really great and have good character.