Fairfield City Schools Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
I work with special needs students and students on behavior plans so my job is both rewarding and challenging.
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHNovember 16, 2014
While there is nothing typical about my work day, we do have a routine of allowing students to unpack their backpack and hang up coats, then do work on their goals whether they are academic or social.

I have learned to observe the students to see if they come in smiling or annoyed to determine the best way to de-escalate the situation.

The hardest parts are the unpredicted lashing out.

The best parts are successfully maneuvering those situations.
Pros
working with students, snow days
Cons
part time employment with no opportunity for advancing
Dedicated to the education of every child.
1st Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, ALSeptember 10, 2012
A typical day at work involves more than just instruction. A teacher must be prepared for any unexpected emergency that might arise. I learned that it good to expect the best but to be prepared for anything. All of my coworkers and supervisors worked together for the good of the children. The hardest part of the job was when colleagues didn't see eye to eye on how we were supposed to educate the students. The most enjoyable part of the job was every time I experienced the camaraderie of a work force that led to true success as educators.
Productive place to work and help make a difference in lives of "at risk' students
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, ALOctober 31, 2014
Helping the lead teacher with supervision and assignments for "at-risk" students enrolled in alternative school program
Pros
free breakfast, teaching experience
Cons
little pay
The teaching staff was very supportive and helpful
Substitute teacher all grade levels (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OhioOctober 17, 2013
As a substitute teacher I had various grade level assignments. The students were typical for their grade and age level. The staff was very helpful and supportive, I enjoyed being a substitute teacher for the district.
Cons
n/a
Working for this company has given me the chance to learn and grow
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHMarch 22, 2012
Fairfield City School District has given me the chance to continue to learn and hone my skills.

4.5