Fairfield Equine Associates has an immediate full-time employment opportunity for an ambulatory and surgical Veterinary Technician / Assistant at our practice in Newtown, Connecticut. On call emergency surgery duty requirements are shared weekday evenings and rotating weekends and holidays. Occasionally the position requires working weekends.
Fairfield is a large multiple-veterinarian equine practice offering services including surgery, MRI, scintigraphy, 24-hour emergencies, ambulatory, gastroscopy, and wellness.
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, and positive with strong work ethics.
- Licensed Veterinary Technician preferred.
- Equine veterinary experience required.
- Excellent horse-handling, communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Manage horses of different disciplines.
- Efficiently multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Carry up to 75 pounds for a short distance and lead horses at a fast-paced jog.
- Occasional driving of company vehicles on farm calls.
Background check, motor vehicle records history, and drug testing required.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume’, and refer to position #F-FTAS413.
Indeed - 16 months ago
Founded in 1989 and developing rapidly, Fairfield Equine Associates has gained a world-wide reputation as one of the finest equine medical...