Fairfield Inn & Suites Employee Reviews

Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Forsyth, ILDecember 8, 2016
Good company, with good management. To be honest they expect a lot for what they pay housekeeping. $3/room at 3 rooms per hour. Almost impossible. Decent otherwise.
Good Job No Money
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSDecember 5, 2016
Not enough hours this job was seasonal couldn't pay bills with this job.Really did a lot of work on the rooms and inside and outside of the property. They tried to cram a whole weeks worth of work into 10 hours a week and there is no way anyone can afford to work anywhere for only 10 hours a week.
Pros
discounts on rooms
Cons
no benefits
Very nice hotel to work at and very nice people
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MSNovember 29, 2016
I really love my job . There were really nice guest and nice workers. Also, very organized with everything . Manager lets us eat breakfast if there is some left over and if we're not too busy .Very clean hotel! I am a very good worker . I am very reliable and dependable worker .
Pros
Free breakfast
Benefits
Great Place to Work, love the perks
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee) –  East Point, GANovember 26, 2016
I enjoyed working at the FairField Inn & Suites I was able to get off at a reasonable time, to spend time with my family, I was able to go back to school, I met great people, and I actually enjoyed working in the kitchen.
Pros
Great perks, was able to stay at any marriott hotel, for half off
Cons
no benefits, pay was not good
Overall management is not very productive and very unprofessional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 20, 2016
Customerservice is great , I have learned many skills with working with management and guests, took initiative to do different job duties and responsibilities in a matter of time along with helping other employees finish their jobs before the shift ends, assisting all guests for the best customer service and accompanying all guest with ammenities for their stay as well...the most hard job to do is when customers aren't ratified with the size of the rooms and the Hotel has no extra rooms or space. The easiest is to know that guests are satisfied and enjoyed the stay when we have went over and beyond for the entire stay
Pros
Management sometimes showed appreciation buying dinners for all shifts
Cons
great employee benefits
poor management
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKNovember 18, 2016
poor management, little hours, no structure, not a healty or good environment to work in, horrible coworkers and managers, no strive to better business.
Training
Food & Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 14, 2016
Fairfiled Inn & Suites need better Management and better Salries to incorporated the vision for the Hotel. To be able to great employees yo have to have a great training program something Fairfield did not have.
Pros
Good Enviroment
Cons
No Training
Fun and Friendly environment
Front Desk Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 12, 2016
Fairfield has been wonderful, staff is great and i love the marriott standards. I would consider myself very lucky to work at this location.
Pros
Hotel experience
Cons
Pay is low
No formal opinion.
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXNovember 7, 2016
I haven't been with this property very long so I don't have any good or bad opinions yet. I will say they offer tones of training to their employees. So far it is a good company.
Great people to work with, scheduling was a bit erratic
Front Desk Receptionist,Night Audit,Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WINovember 6, 2016
At the time that I was there, they were incredibly short-staffed, leading me to be scheduled first, second, and third shifts interchangeably doing all sorts of different jobs. This caused me to not get enough sleep, and to not be able to see my family. Management tried to be considerate, but they were in a tight place without many staff.
Co-workers were nice
Housekeeping/ Breakfast attendent (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMNovember 3, 2016
The guest were great to be around made you feel appropriated. Management I didn't not agree with the way they treated their employees
Pros
co-workers were great, guest were nice
Cons
shorts breaks, management at the time I worked there
Very self motivated work environment.
Front Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CANovember 1, 2016
At this place I would shift from front desk agent to breakfast ambassador. Both positions were interesting in their own ways. It was always a pleasure interacting and meeting new people.
Friendly employees, management is very professional
Housekeeping and bed making (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNOctober 30, 2016
Overall Fairfield Inn and Suites is a good Place of employment.... The only problem I have with being employed there is I feel that 30 minutes to clean a room the way they like it is impossible to do and I feel all housekeepers should get more to clean properly..... It took me 45 minutes to clean the room how they want it.. But over all it is a good place to work and a very friendly environment for guest to stay they pride there self to make any guest happy....
I loved working here
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, VTOctober 26, 2016
When i started out i had no experience in the past year i have grown into a great cleaner and was trained in inspecting and training new employees
Pros
everything
Fun place and productive
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 23, 2016
Learning about the business of cleaning the rooms and building as well as the tasks of proper ways to making the beds. Also making the varieties of food for the customers.
Wouldn't Work There Again
Front Desk Clerk/Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 22, 2016
Until management change I wouldn't recommend anybody to work there, looking free labor, and treat employees very bad. Atmosphere and environment isn't a good place to work.
Pros
n/a
Cons
all bad
no comment
Front Desk Clerk/ House keeping (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHOctober 19, 2016
This was one of the worse experience. Before I moved on to a better job every manager was let go and almost all of my co-workers quite
Overall good Marriott brand
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 17, 2016
I have worked for a Fairfield Inn and Suites for the past 4 years and I overall enjoy the brand and what Marriott is looking to accomplish with the new remodels.
Its ok workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Burley, IDOctober 15, 2016
the job is good work days are typically 4 hour shifts depending how fast you are on cleaning your rooms. management could be better and the staff could be more professional on their attitudes towards other employees.
Productive and fun place to work at.
Head Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2016
Great place to work and meet people. Work is steady and doesn't overwhelm you. Employees and management are nice and friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairfield Inn & Suites. Our community is ready to answer.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Reviews by Location