Fairfield Inn & Suites Employee Reviews in United States

great working enviroment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXApril 25, 2016
Fairfield was a great place to work, coworkers generally very friendly, very much like a family environment. Management is a bit iffy- When I worked here it changed three times, first was very limited as to any help to employees, the second management and was great, and I left as management was changed for the third time.
Pros
relaxed enviroment
Cons
Short breaks- must be accounted for
Great environment and wonderful team members.
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  White River Junction, VTApril 18, 2016
It's been enjoyable working for this company. The other employees are easy to get along with and everyone helps each other. My shift consists of the daily sales paperwork, as well as assisting guests with reservations, arrivals to the property and any other issues they may have while at our hotel.
Pros
Discounts on rooms.
Cons
Working the night shift.
Clean property and very welcoming.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 14, 2016
A well maintained property very focused on customer service. A great place to start out in hospitality. Good focus on customer service. They offer guests a good value for their stay. The reservation system is easy to learn. One must be able to work alone and multitask.
Pros
A nice property with good focus on customer service.
Cons
Working alone on very busy nights.
productive
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 12, 2016
it was a good place to work but the one i worked at is closed now but i would work for the company again with no problem it was a very cool and laid back place towrok
Hosting
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 8, 2016
How the days goes it we have people come in wanting to eat have good service, i have learned to roll the silverware clean all the menus how to talk to consumers when they need something knowing how to answer the phone if it rings the management was great it helps if everyone helps do the job the co- workers how they speak how they do there tables once they sit down make sure the food comes out right the hardest part about the job was getting everyone seated while we were all busy getting tables cleaned off love talking to people as soon as they came in the door it will make them feel welcome to the place
Good Location
Director of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10001April 2, 2016
This is a great hotel to work for if your staring off in the hospitality industry. If you are an experienced executive with many years of experience you might get bored. Staff is very small as there is only 110 rooms in the building.
Clean place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHApril 1, 2016
Clean place
Kind workers
Fast paced work
Not many hours guaranteed
work alone most of the time, co-workers do help out
hardest part was getting rooms clean in a short period of time.
Pros
Kind employees
Cons
not many hours guranteed
Fairfield Inn & Suites At The Keys Collection
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLMarch 30, 2016
The Fairfield Inn & Suites At The Keys Collection is a incredible hotel where you can get good service all the time with friendly people.
Coworkers were very pleasant but very long back-breaking days with few breaks, management always rushing for workers to be done.
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMarch 29, 2016
Tedious hard work with little pay and very minimal room for advancement. I initially quit because I'm moving to Omaha Nebraska to pursue a better future with more opportunity.
fun place to work
was like a family
other business discounts
the job was pretty good
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHMarch 23, 2016
every day I cleaned rooms and bathrooms. the hardest part of the job was cleaning the bathrooms. some days girls would gossip and put others down but I still stuck through it
productive workplace
Head Custodian (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IA 52241March 16, 2016
they always provided work you work as many hours as you like because of the short staff which helped you get cross trained in other areas of the hotel.
Pros
you worked alot of hours
Cons
no stable management
great work place with wonderful team work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 8, 2016
a typical day was dealing with check ins and guest complaints. i learned several skill sets and best customer service skills. the management was very fair and cared about their employees. my co-workers were very friendly and showed great team work to one another. the hardest part of my job was dealing with certain customer complaints. the enjoyable part of the job was meeting and interacting with new people everyday.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
the pay
In need of better managment
BREAKFAST SERVER (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 7, 2016
I loved working for this company and greeting each guest every morning with great customer service. The work was easy and fun even if i worked by myself at times. However, the manager left out a great deal of work policies when I was hired, and when a situation arose in which I was unaware of the policy, he terminated me. i feel that the company would have been more efficient if the management wasn't looking out for certain employees and was a fair manager to all employees.
It was very close to home,I could walk there in ten minutes.
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Augusta Ga.March 4, 2016
I sorted,washed,dried and ironed all linen for hotel.I was also responsible for cleaning the guest restrooms and front lobby.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Favortism towards certain employees.
its a great place to work, but need some work
Housekeeper and Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAMarch 2, 2016
its a great place to work, but need some work on management. the place is great, but the main manager, was not professional by listening to a person that just brought down the rating with all the bad ideas he had.
Great Enviroment to Learn and Grow
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJFebruary 23, 2016
-Easy going management/
-Hands on work
-Great place to meet various people
-Dependable/hardworking co-workers
-Lax inventory accounting and inadequate communication protocol with lower employees
Pros
adequate salary, manageable workload
Cons
no room for growth
The staff makes it a fun place to be.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEFebruary 22, 2016
The clientele is quite pleasant, for the most part. The atmosphere is relaxing. Being part of a new hotel opening was a beneficial experience.
Pros
Free rooms if weather henders getting to and from work
Cons
Lack of professionalism and efficiency in some areas
Decent company
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 11, 2016
Decent company to work for not very much room for growth however I truly appreciate the experiance I gained from working there!
Fun and rewarding working enviroment
Breakfast Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 9, 2016
I prepared the guest breakfast for the hotel. The shift began very early. I had to prepare the dining and buffet areas, prepare food from fresh and frozen, and replenish food items as guests consumed them. I also had to keep record of food temperatures as well as switch out old dated food items. I took inventory weekly and my co-workers were very kind and helpful. The hardest part about the job was dealing with a full house, or BOOKED hotel, due to softball tournaments, baseball and basketball tournaments, conferences and seminars. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a broad spectrum of people of all shapes, sizes and colors.
Pros
All the breakfast I can stand; Meeting people from all over the world
Cons
Part time time hours only