Fairfield Inn & Suites Employee Reviews

Worst place ever
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 31, 2017
Akron OH site is the worst. They want top notch work for minimim wage from housekeeping, while the desk people start at $10 and sit all day goofing off. Raises are not given, holidays and weekends given to favorites. Mgmt is a complete joke. When you drive a Porche while most of the workers ride the bus, that explains where the money goes. Everyone here is 2 faced and back stabbing. Don't waste your time at this one.
Pros
It's a job if you can't find anything else.
Cons
One break all day, no benefits, below wages, no appreciation for good workers. Must be part of the mgmt a-kissers.
It's a job
GUEST SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMay 29, 2017
The the pay is below what it should be. You absolutely do not get any raises. There is no advancement opportunity. There is a considerable amount of drama on the job. No PTO.
Pros
Thankful to have been hired
Cons
Dead end job.
Clean
HOUSEKEEPER/BREAKFAST ATTENDANT/FRONT DESK CLERK (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 28, 2017
I enjoyed having a job, I enjoyed helping people find rooms to stay in. I like that it was clean and not noisy. I cleaned and help make breakfast and at the help desk, I enjoyed booking rooms
It's a job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILMay 28, 2017
If you don't mind making less than the male employees, getting no paid holidays (or any type of Holiday pay) and no benefits its the job for you!! The hotel discount is nice if you enjoy travel, unfortunately the pay doesn't allow you to afford to go anywhere.
easy & laid back
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Alamosa, COMay 24, 2017
Check in guests, confirm preferences and mainly keep them happy. Make everything fresh! Inform them without rushing them and your night goes easy peasy!
Dynamic company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAMay 23, 2017
The Fairfield Inn and Suites is a great mid-tier hotel brand. The brand positioning of "everything you need and nothing you don't" is spot on. The brnd allows you to execute on our guests expectations
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSMay 22, 2017
Front desk agent are mainly at the front desk all day
Check quests in and out of the hotel and is the overseer for the front and face of the hotel and desk
Fun and exciting work place
Guest Service Representative, Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 22, 2017
The management team is very dedicated to achieve their goals and to provide excellent service to their guests. This is a great place if you love the hospitality industry and if you love interacting with a diverse client base.
fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 20, 2017
The workers there were nice and it was a easy going job to work at. the hours were okay but not enough Managment was good and stayed up on things that needed to be done
Beautiful hotel, nice co-workers, long hours and poor benefits.
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Great Barrington, MAMay 18, 2017
Long hours, (10 - 11 per day) 6 days a week.
No Life/Work Balance
Owner expects loyalty and you at his beckon call.
Beautiful hotel, nice co-workers.
Terrible benefits - expensive,
Pros
Free breakfast if you want it
Cons
long hours - 6 days a week, poor benefits
Fun, fast paced.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VaMay 18, 2017
I worked night audit for this company almost 8 years and loved every minute. I was by myself at my own pace. Some people don't like working in the middle of the night I didn't mind it a bit.
Pros
Working alone.
Cons
No insurance.
Great Place to work!
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYMay 16, 2017
This job works with you to balance your work life and your home life! You get to meet people from all over the world, and there is always something to do. Must have great customer service skills.
Small hotel
Front desk agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 7, 2017
Very small hotel by the hotel. Front desk is in charge of all the other departments. Housekeeping and the houseman rarely speak english so giving directions became difficult.
Productive and very busy environment
Guest Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GAMay 5, 2017
A typical work day consisted of a fast-paced workplace. I learned computer skills front to back, management skills due to having no manager for 6 months of my work period, leadership and communication skills. Due to lack of management, our front desk manager moved up to temporary Assistant Manager, as well as I being moved up to temporary Front Desk Manager. This included me to provide leadership to the other Front Desk Personal and also train/accompany any new hires for that position. The hardest part of the job for me was needing to transition to a higher position with such short notice. The overall experience was very easy to catch onto for me. The most enjoyable part of the job for me, has to be the enjoyable environment that the company had standards of. Everyone was on top of their work, making everything run smoothly.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Short/No breaks
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Short Pump, VAMay 4, 2017
Long weekends depending on how many rooms, easy to get along with co-workers quite place during week days, the best part about the hotel is that its an hotel
Great place to work at everyone works together as a team
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOMay 4, 2017
This company is great they are willing to give people a chance to work and the staff there are very reliable and show courtesy to all guest and help the guest feel very welcome the general manager there is a great boss that's willing to help the employees how ever he can very caring about his guest and employees
Pros
Good work environment
N/a
Guest Service Agent/Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 3, 2017
Great culture, current management is in the process of transition, great opportunities for knowledge as well as growth. All three properties I work for our enabling a smooth transfer to other hotels.
Fun co workers and some management
HouseKeeper (Current Employee) –  Weston, WIMay 3, 2017
Ive been working here for 6 months and have had a blast with some of the people here but hours are erratic and the executive housekeeper is difficult to work for
Pros
Some discounts
Cons
Short breaks and long hours
Fun job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYMay 1, 2017
The job was fun however the building was not finished when it was built so the owner required the housekeepers to finish the work. The owners also did not respect the workers and wanted to drop all current employees pay and the paychecks were never right
Pros
Breakfast
Cons
No healthcare
Wonderful place to work
Hotel Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, COMay 1, 2017
The General Manager is a great guy and easy to get along with. Can talk to him almost anytime about anything. Cout drawer at the beginning and end of shift, check guests in or out, make deposits, answer phones calls and tranfer if needed, take reservation over the phone, or answer questions. Set up the breakfast bat in the morning for the Breakfast Attendant. Run Night Audit. I have learned alot at this job and position. Everyone gets along like family. Hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult guests who are not happy about something. I enjoy meeting new people from all over.
Pros
Wonderful benefits
Cons
Nothing stands out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairfield Inn & Suites. Our community is ready to answer.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Reviews by Location