Fairfield Inn & Suites Employee Reviews in United States

Poor building and company management
Houseman (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJune 10, 2016
has gone through 2 building managers in 2 years. they can't be tough on their employees so people walk all over them. loved the job but the employees and manager are what eventually pushed me away.
Great Place to Work
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHJune 10, 2016
A great place to work where you are appreciated as a person. They provide flexible schedules to accommodate your life. The interaction with the guest is the best part.
Pros
Appreciation
Cons
not much room for advancement
Nice place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 2, 2016
It was a shame the owners decided to change the management company. I did enjoy working there and thought we made progress in bringing the scores up and the hotel was making a huge profit.
Pros
Great Staff and Great Hotel
Cons
long drive to work
cleaned rooms
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIMay 26, 2016
I worked hard at cleaning rooms, making beds, and making sure no hair was left on the floors. It was a good. The company was a good hotel i really liked working there.
horrible management
GSA (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMay 18, 2016
management needs replaced the gm has no sympathy for her employees. she needs to be more personable with the employees and k=stop worrying about her home life while at work.
Productive and fun work place.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 18, 2016
* Check guest in and out.
* Management is Great. I absolutely love my boss!!
* My co workers are an awesome TEAM to work with
* The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I made a guests day! You never know what someone is going through or why they are traveling and to know that I can make someone's day and stay enjoyable for them is a great feeling!
Fun cool laid back place too work
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 16, 2016
Was great place work meet alot good and new people that helped me grow become better person in my life good fun relaxing place to meet and grown expend mind too different things
fun work place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 16, 2016
I absolutely loved working here and I love everybody that I worked with. Just not enough hours.

Typical day was great. Checking in guests.

I learned a lot about the hotel service and how to better my customer service skills.

I love all of my coworkers

the hardest part was handling several complaints all at once

the most enjoyable part was to be able to meet and connect with new people.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not enough hours
N?A
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNMay 11, 2016
It was a nice place to work. Good people and good environment. Not much room for advancement due to being such a small company.
Worked front desk, breakfast and housekeeping
Front Desk Agent/housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New Cumberland, PAApril 29, 2016
Low pay with no benefits. Also, had to work every holiday, which kept me from my family. Learned to interact with peoplke from all facets of life.
Good work environment
Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Linthicum Heights, MDApril 27, 2016
• Create strategies to increase hotel revenue resulting in:
- The highest total room revenue the hotel has seen in 2014 and increased 2015 by 4% vs. LY
- Doubling total group revenue in 2014 vs. previous year and increased total room revenue by 10% in 2014
- Increasing RevPar (Revenue Per Available Room) to an overall 115 index for 2014, which is the highest the hotel has seen
• Manage Marriott RFP season, including submittal of new business cases directly to account managers
• Perform weekly forecasting of property
• Implement and manage weekly, monthly and annual reports, including Top Line Budget, and Sales & Marketing Plan
• Work directly with Revenue Management to develop new rate strategies vs. the comp set
• Utilize resources such as Hotelligence, Linkedin, Chambers, CVB, Marriott National Sales, and more to develop and prospect for new accounts
• Market hotel using online ecommerce resources
• Solicit, evaluate and sell the property to meet overall budgeted sales and profit margin
• Qualify prospective leads as to profitability
• Coordinate transient and group room commitments
• Approve function space allocation for group and catering bookings
great working enviroment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXApril 25, 2016
Fairfield was a great place to work, coworkers generally very friendly, very much like a family environment. Management is a bit iffy- When I worked here it changed three times, first was very limited as to any help to employees, the second management and was great, and I left as management was changed for the third time.
Pros
relaxed enviroment
Cons
Short breaks- must be accounted for
Great environment and wonderful team members.
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  White River Junction, VTApril 18, 2016
It's been enjoyable working for this company. The other employees are easy to get along with and everyone helps each other. My shift consists of the daily sales paperwork, as well as assisting guests with reservations, arrivals to the property and any other issues they may have while at our hotel.
Pros
Discounts on rooms.
Cons
Working the night shift.
Clean property and very welcoming.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 14, 2016
A well maintained property very focused on customer service. A great place to start out in hospitality. Good focus on customer service. They offer guests a good value for their stay. The reservation system is easy to learn. One must be able to work alone and multitask.
Pros
A nice property with good focus on customer service.
Cons
Working alone on very busy nights.
productive
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 12, 2016
it was a good place to work but the one i worked at is closed now but i would work for the company again with no problem it was a very cool and laid back place towrok
Hosting
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 8, 2016
How the days goes it we have people come in wanting to eat have good service, i have learned to roll the silverware clean all the menus how to talk to consumers when they need something knowing how to answer the phone if it rings the management was great it helps if everyone helps do the job the co- workers how they speak how they do there tables once they sit down make sure the food comes out right the hardest part about the job was getting everyone seated while we were all busy getting tables cleaned off love talking to people as soon as they came in the door it will make them feel welcome to the place
Good Location
Director of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10001April 2, 2016
This is a great hotel to work for if your staring off in the hospitality industry. If you are an experienced executive with many years of experience you might get bored. Staff is very small as there is only 110 rooms in the building.
Clean place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHApril 1, 2016
Clean place
Kind workers
Fast paced work
Not many hours guaranteed
work alone most of the time, co-workers do help out
hardest part was getting rooms clean in a short period of time.
Pros
Kind employees
Cons
not many hours guranteed
Fairfield Inn & Suites At The Keys Collection
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLMarch 30, 2016
The Fairfield Inn & Suites At The Keys Collection is a incredible hotel where you can get good service all the time with friendly people.
Coworkers were very pleasant but very long back-breaking days with few breaks, management always rushing for workers to be done.
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMarch 29, 2016
Tedious hard work with little pay and very minimal room for advancement. I initially quit because I'm moving to Omaha Nebraska to pursue a better future with more opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairfield Inn & Suites. Our community is ready to answer.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Reviews by Location